What's new

Iran is world’s 15th leading scientific nation: Scopus ranking

Persia is in a mountanious region, the golden age of Islam took place during the Abbasid caliphate which its capitals were Kufa and Baghdad, not Persia, though Iraq was part of Persian dynasties before the whole Arab invasion, and it was mentioned as Iranian heartland, it still is not Persia. Most inventions took place in Baghdad though people from all over the caliphate came there to study.

Were Iraqi's Persians before they converted into Arabs? I remember Babylon was a major city in the Persian empire.

Were Iraqi's Persians before they converted into Arabs? I remember Babylon was a major city in the Persian empire.

No, as far as I know Cyrus did not force anything over those he conquered neither over mesopotamia region, mesopotamia was made part of the Iranian heartland though, it also served as a capital/center during some time for the same reasons it has for many empires.

Lolzzz i think Pakistan was responsible for the golden age of Islam....... rest all the countries didnt exist or were ruled by pakistan !!

Here we go with third class mently dirturd keyboard hindu warrior? As for as i remember no one has talk about your mighty Bharat why did you bring your darky nose here? :lol:

Persia is in a mountanious region, the golden age of Islam took place during the Abbasid caliphate which its capitals were Kufa and Baghdad, not Persia, though Iraq was part of Persian dynasties before the whole Arab invasion, and it was mentioned as Iranian heartland, it still is not Persia. Most inventions took place in Baghdad though people from all over the caliphate came there to study.

Baghdad was a Persian city and a capital in Iran's history. The word Baghdad in Persian means god's gift. The inhabitants were Persians and a lot of Persian history is located within Iraq.

Another important Persian city in Iraq is called Madain, which was a capital in Sassanid dynasty.

Important Persian historical architecture in Iraq Eyvān-e Kasra.

http://www.zeably.com/Arch_of_Ctesiphon

Baghdad was a Persian city and capital in Iran's history. The word Baghdad in Persian means god's gift.

Conquering land does not make it Persian, the founding of Baghdad was a result of the destruction of Ctesiphon, Baghdad just another new city a few km north of Ctesiphon supposed to replace its role as capital. Iraq and Iran share history and culture because of the 1000+ years both being under 1 empire, so the name is probably Persian.

I don’t think Baghdad has been a capital in an Iranian empire since its new built, you mean Ctesiphon or some other destroyed cities.

One possibility is that the people that lived in Southern and central Iraq are 7th century Arabized Persians through the Islamic conquest, Also because Arabic was the main language in Persia for 300 years after the Arab invasion.

Also,when Safavid Empire fell apart and Afghans attacked Iran, specially central Iran like Isfahan. Many Persian inhabitants fled, and took refugee in Southern Iraq and Northern India ( Kashmir).

Many inhabitants of Southern Iraq and Kashmir are ancestors of these people.

EX: Imam Khomeini he was from Kashmir.

Conquering land does not make it Persian, the founding of Baghdad was a result of the destruction of Ctesiphon, Baghdad just another new city a few km north of Ctesiphon supposed to replace its role as capital. Iraq and Iran share history and culture because of the 1000+ years both being under 1 empire, so the name is probably Persian.

I don’t think Baghdad has been a capital in an Iranian empire since its new built, you mean Ctesiphon or some other destroyed cities.

Baghdad was an Important city populated by Persians in the post-Islamic era.

Nobody talks about the place where Islamic science flourished. People only mention that the most and best Islamic scientists were Persians, which is confirmed by Arab historians like Ibn Khaldun and various others ancient and modern scholars.

One possibility is that the people that lived in Southern and central Iraq are 7th century Arabized Persians through the Islamic conquest, Also because Arabic was the main language in Persia for 300 years after the Arab invasion.

Also,when Safavid Empire fell apart and Afghans attacked Iran, specially central Iran like Isfahan. Many Persian inhabitants fled, and took refugee in Southern Iraq and Northern India ( Kashmir).

Many inhabitants of Southern Iraq and Kashmir are ancestors of these people.

EX: Imam Khomeini he was from Kashmir.

Baghdad was an Important city populated by Persians in the post-Islamic era.

Baghdad did not exist before the Islamic era, it was established during Abbasid rule.

Nobody talks about the place where Islamic science flourished. People only mention that the most and best Islamic scientists were Persians, which is confirmed by Arab historians like Ibn Khaldun and various others ancient and modern scholars.

It has to do with each other otherwise we cannot argue.
Congratulations about part 2, Now you can take pride in other peoples inventions.

It has to do with each other otherwise we cannot argue.
Congratulations about part 2, Now you can take pride in other peoples inventions.

Nobody denies that Baghdad was the Scientific centre of the Middle East, and perhaps even the world. But that doesn't mean that the scientists who were studying over there were Arabs or 'Iraqis'.

Nobody denies that Baghdad was the Scientific centre of the Middle East, and perhaps even the world. But that doesn't mean that the scientists who were studying over there were Arabs or 'Iraqis'.

Scientists came from all over, many from Iran, but for sure many locals aswell otherwise it would not be the center, therefor an entire Persian/Iranian claim over the golden age and its inventions or even Persian inventors is wrong, they all worked together. Aside that Persians contributed a lot, though a national claim is wrong.

Here we go with third class mently dirturd keyboard hindu warrior? As for as i remember no one has talk about your mighty Bharat why did you bring your darky nose here? :lol:

Lool look who's talking about third class? And go through the posts before saying no one has talked about India.

Btw what what rank is Pakistan? Is it even in top 20? Or 30? Or even 40 in fact :) :disagree: The joke's on you mate.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom