What's new

Iran, India eye deepwater gas pipeline

I'm surprised. Reason being... there was so much hype around IPI pipeline & that India was a party to it initially. Reason given to pull out of the deal (not really sure how authentic though) was that Pakistan was in no way prepared to guarantee the protection of pipeline passing through it's borders to India.

If this option of deepwater pipeline was available to us at no extra cost, why we weren't exploring it to start with?
Because the cost of IPI would have been divided bw 3 couuntries whereas the cost of iran-india pipeline will be divided bw iran and india only.....
there is a similar thread where someone has posted maps and cost of pipeline......

I don't understand, no company is willing to be part of Iran-Pak gas pipeline project due to fear of sanctions then how would 3 indian major companies can pull this off knowing they would get sanctioned by US

For example, this

He added that the Pakistani side had informed the Iran that US sanctions had affected the IP gas pipeline project and no financier or contractor was ready to participate in the project.

“The compressor equipment required is provided by only two companies, and would not be available due to sanctions against Iran,” he said, adding that the issue would be resolved if US sanctions are lifted. He said that several projects in Iran were also facing sanction threats and some relaxations had been given to Iran.

In limbo: Iran takes back pipeline financing deal – The Express Tribune

excellent news, this is what we are waiting for. We were asking India for long time to make such deal with iran, now we will extend that pipeline from india to Bangladesh and make Iran-Indian-Bangladesh pipeline.

I think it's better to come in reality. No Gas pipeline could occur until and unless US sanctions are lifted from Iran

I don't understand, no company is willing to be part of Iran-Pak gas pipeline project due to fear of sanctions then how would 3 indian major companies can pull this off knowing they would get sanctioned by US

For example, this

I think it's better to come in reality. No Gas pipeline could occur until and unless US sanctions are lifted from Iran
maybe pakistan is just pressurising Iran to fund the cons. of pipeline and pakistan can use saved money somewhere else.....

project-overview-big.jpg

This pipeline will bypass Pakistan EEZ completely.
Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) pipeline will cost $7.6 billion.
Iran-Pakistan-India (IPI) pipeline will cost $7.5 billion.
Iran-India deepwater pipeline will cost $4 or 5 billion.
@JanjaWeed

project-overview-big.jpg

This pipeline will bypass Pakistan EEZ completely.
@JanjaWeed

That's a good piece of information. You can pretty much conclude from there as to which one is more beneficial if it's as black & white as shown above!

“The compressor equipment required is provided by only two companies, and would not be available due to sanctions against Iran,” he said, adding that the issue would be resolved if US sanctions are lifted. He said that several projects in Iran were also facing sanction threats and some relaxations had been given to Iran.

If such is the case then how did Iran complete it's part of the IP pipeline? did that part not use any of the compressors? and where will be the builders of India-Iran gas pipeline get this equipment from?

Even if USA allows Pakistan to go ahead with IP pipeline, Nawaz Sharif will have to get permission from his other masters sitting in Riyadh who will, in no case, allow to build the pipeline.

excellent news, this is what we are waiting for. We were asking India for long time to make such deal with iran, now we will extend that pipeline from india to Bangladesh and make Iran-Indian-Bangladesh pipeline.

But then toe our line and vote for Sheikh Hasina next time. :D

If such is the case then how did Iran complete it's part of the IP pipeline? did that part not use any of the compressors? and where will be the builders of India-Iran gas pipeline get this equipment from?

Even if USA allows Pakistan to go ahead with IP pipeline, Nawaz Sharif will have to get permission from his other masters sitting in Riyadh who will, in no case, allow to build the pipeline.

Go home kid, You are thinking from your behind as usual in a serious discussion. India already once backed out from IPI due to US pressure. Pakistan can't complete because lack of funds and the equipment required POST PIPE building which the minister was telling would not be given by those two companies. Use your brain and tounge to discuss

Most propbaby this time, it's all hot air being blown once agains

TAPI's building costs will be shared by 4 countries = $1.9 Billion per Nation.
IPI's building costs will be shared by 3 countries = $2.5 Billion per Nation.
II's building costs will be shared by 2 countries = $2.0 - 2.5 Billion per Nation.

The question is how come a pipeline built underwater (II) and considerably larger than the one on land (IPI) cost just as much or even less? I appears that after full feasibility report the cost of building the II pipeline will cost much higher then the current estimates.

TAPI's building costs will be shared by 4 countries = $1.9 Billion per Nation.
IPI's building costs will be shared by 3 countries = $2.5 Billion per Nation.
II's building costs will be shared by 2 countries = $2.0 - 2.5 Billion per Nation.

The question is how come a pipeline built underwater (II) and considerably larger than the one on land (IPI) cost just as much or even less? I appears that after full feasibility report the cost of building the II pipeline will cost much higher then the current estimates.
1-IPI will be held hostage to the complexities of indo-pak relationship.....
2-underwater pipelines are not a new thing....
3-we dont to have to pay any transit fee....
4-In addition, SAGE also plans to supply Natural Gas to Oman/UAE on its Pipeline Route to
India, and seeks to further build Cooperative Relations with the friendly Gulf and Middle East countries.

India already once backed out from IPI due to US pressure. Pakistan can't complete because lack of funds and the equipment required POST PIPE building

I didn't even mention India, I was only talking about IP pipeline. Funding is not a problem once, USA/KSA allow to build, even they themselves will fund the construction (both nation are heavily involved in all things related to the whole cycle starting from oil exploration to the delivery to markets).

Should I consider Iranians so stupid that they build one pipeline (IP) and start talking about another (II) while knowing that in the end pipelines will be worthless because of the lack of compressors?

Are they really that stupid that they are spending Billions of dollars on something which in the end will not work because of the lack of compressors?

But then toe our line and vote for Sheikh Hasina next time. :D
it has nothing to with Hasina, according to your logic if BJP comes into power, india's national interest will change

I'm surprised. Reason being... there was so much hype around IPI pipeline & that India was a party to it initially. Reason given to pull out of the deal (not really sure how authentic though) was that Pakistan was in no way prepared to guarantee the protection of pipeline passing through it's borders to India.

If this option of deepwater pipeline was available to us at no extra cost, why we weren't exploring it to start with?

The same reason we have been going at a snail's pace with every project, it took the current administration nearly 8 years to finish just the last 20% of the golden quadrilateral, the SARDP-NE (a far more important and strategic initiative) is running woefully behind schedule. A lack of tenacity and initiative.

Because the cost of IPI would have been divided bw 3 couuntries whereas the cost of iran-india pipeline will be divided bw iran and india only.....
there is a similar thread where someone has posted maps and cost of pipeline......
The cost won't be divided bw anybody but will be bored by SAGE(an Indian Private company).

Its a private project.

And again its NOT a Iran-India pipeline rather ME-India pipeline.

Only news article is published in Press TV(hope ur getting the drift).:)

Back
Top Bottom