What's new

IRAN in Olympics - London 2012 - 4 Golds, 5 silvers and 3 bronze

Just cool down. It's really sad to see some haters have no morals. This guy has been through hard exercises for 4 years. and He rightfully earned 2 scores in the second time, and the technical fault points given as a gift to the French athlete in the first time were completely wrong. The referee should not forgive himself for denying the Iranian athlete his rightful points. He just ruined 4 years of hard work of an innocent person. He should be ashamed of himself.
I think all sport federations should set fining punishments for the referees when they are clearly biased. If they fine the referees, say 5000$ for instance, in such unjust decisions, they'll never dare to waste another person's 4 years just for fun or hatred.

You are right. In boxing also they had to kick out 2 referees because they found they were being bribed by the Republic of Azerbaijan - one of those matches impacted an Iranian boxer. :tdown:

I never knew that Iran was so good in Olympics, is this the first time you are showing such a performance or its a regular affair?

By the way I heard that Iran is a powerhouse in wrestling, best of luck for the remaining days,hope you will finish in the top 10.

well, this time we improved alot , i think in the last olympic we just gained a gold and a bronze but now ! 4 golds 3 silvers and a bronze!

بچه ها ما که جمع می کنیم بریم 2 ساعت احیا! شب قدری شما هم عشقتون کشید برید! یا علی

Pictures courtesy of IranianFacebook.com

screen-shot-2012-08-07-at-2-26-00-pm.png

screen-shot-2012-08-05-at-3-07-28-pm.png

screen-shot-2012-08-06-at-5-25-06-pm.png

screen-shot-2012-08-07-at-1-39-01-pm.png

WOw very impressive performance by you guys, huge improvement. You guys only had 1 gold and 1 bronze in 2008, but very big improvement and performance in 2012 Olympics.

Iran's sports program suffered for about 10 years because the US and Israel egged-on Saddam Hussein to start a war with us - after that Iran had to recover. 1 million lives were lost; many athletes had to defend their land.

Thanks for your good wishes brother!

This was one of the referee cheating incidents against Iran:

And this is the cheating incident against Iran's boxer (and former world champ):

The International Boxing Association (AIBA) has been involved in controversies regarding The Republic of Azerbaijan’s sports program as recently as last September, when British network BBC reported on allegations that in exchange for a $10-million loan, The Republic of Azerbaijan’s boxers would be promised two gold medals at the 2012 London Olympics. Referee Ishanguly Meretnyyazov of Turkmenistan has been sent home from the 2012 Olympics “with immediate effect” for his actions, mainly failing to rule a standing-eight count for any of the six instances in which Azerbaijan’s Magomed Abdulhamidov hit the canvas during the third round of his bantamweight bout with Japan’s Satoshi Shimizu on Wednesday. Abdulhamidov was awarded the win by the judges, a decision that was later overturned by AIBA hours later.The AIBA Olympic Compliance Committee has also expelled International Technical Official Aghajan Abiyev of Azerbaijan “with immediate effect” for breaching the governing body’s code of conduct, although nothing in particular was specified. There have been many reports that the Republic of Azerbaijan bribes officials with oil money to create false stories of heroic sports victories.

screen-shot-2012-08-02-at-2-15-19-pm.png

screen-shot-2012-08-02-at-2-41-04-pm.png

Former World Boxing Champ Lennox Lewis also complained about what happened to the Iranian boxer.

Last edited by a moderator:
ماتياس نه تو نه كشورت در حد و اندازه ورزشكارها وكشور ما نيستيد
زنده باد ايران​

cNze.jpg

I think today at 23:00 GMT we have boxer against Kazakhstan in 81kg

Back
Top Bottom