What's new

Iran hangs 11 Sunni rebels, urges Pakistan to act - swissinfo

PeacefulIndian

Reaction score
Iran hangs 11 Sunni rebels, urges Pakistan to act - swissinfo

Iran hangs 11 Sunni rebels, urges Pakistan to act

By Mitra Amiri
TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran has hanged 11 people linked to a Sunni rebel group that killed 39 people in a mosque bombing, the Justice Ministry said on Monday.
Iran says the rebels of Jundollah, who say they are fighting for the rights of the ethnic Baluch people, find shelter across Iran's southeastern border with Pakistan.
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad held a telephone conversation with his Pakistani counterpart Asif Ali Zardari, urging Pakistan to arrest "identified terrorists" and hand them over to Iran, state television reported.
The Justice Ministry said those executed were all supporters of Jundollah, which claimed a double suicide bombing of Shi'ite worshippers in the southeast on December 15.
Iran says the group is linked to al Qaeda.
"The people of Sistan-Baluchestan province, in their continuing campaign against the elements of cruelty and insecurity, hanged 11 people at Zahedan prison," the ministry said in a statement on the semi-official Fars news agency.
Iran hoped it had neutralised Jundollah when it executed its leader, Abdolmalek Rigi, in June. But the mosque bombing in the town of Chabahar, which also wounded more than 100 people, was the group's latest riposte.
Jundollah says it is defending the rights of the Baluch people, an ethnic minority group that it says face "genocide."

The families of the bombing victims sent a letter to Zardari calling for "serious measures" against Jundollah and other "terrorist" groups, echoing a call from some Iranian officials.
"These anti-revolutionary groups which have been given shelter in neighbouring countries like Pakistan and are being supported there should be pursued and suppressed on Pakistani soil," said Qolamali Rashid, a senior military official, according to Fars.
"The land forces of the Revolutionary Guard have the ability to do this," he said, referring to Iran's elite military force.
A member of parliament's national security and foreign policy committee said on Sunday that "Pakistan should be served notice" to destroy what he called terrorist training camps.
"If the Pakistan government refused to take measures to destroy the terrorist centres in that country, then the Islamic Republic would have the right to take steps and make the atmosphere unsafe for the terrorists in defence of its own nationals," Kazem Jalali told the semi-official Mehr news agency.

(Reporting by Mitra Amiri; writing by Robin Pomeroy; Editing by Kevin Liffey)

Reuters

Strangely, this came after Pakistan rejected US requests of expanding the military operation.

Strangely, this came after Pakistan rejected US requests of expanding the military operation.

Well this is what happens when you forcefully occupy a territory that doesn't belongs to you, (Violence, suicide bombing, beheading) Balochistan was illegally and forcefully occupied by Qajar dynasty of Iran, the brave balochs have never accepted them as their master and they never will.
Of course Pakistan will always be made the scapegoat

So we have Balouchistan in Pakistan and Iran both?

iran has to accept that the discrimination against sunnis will not work... all these things are happening because of their fault and how convinientlythey laying on all on pakistan because pakistan shares the border.

I don't want to talk out of turn but they were referring to shelter that Pakistan provides to them. If there is a discrimination then its their internal matter, let them solve it for themselves but at least don't support these people by giving shelter, sometimes even arms . It wouldn't go that well for a small country like Pakistan. After all, Pakistan is no US, don't you think?

Last edited:
I don't want to talk out of turn but they were referring to shelter that Pakistan provides to them. If there is a discrimination then its their internal matter, let them solve it for themselves but at least don't support them by giving shelter and sometimes even arms to these people. It wouldn't go that well for a small country like Pakistan. After all, Pakistan is no US, don't you think?

my dear, you indian is believing an iranian, but when ayatullah says in support of kashmir u whine like a lil girl damn..

u say we provide shelter, but providing shelter, why will we provide shelter, dont we have iondian terrorism in balochistan to deal with in first place, dont bring ur conspiracy theaories here esp on matters which dont concern you..

Last edited:
I don't want to talk out of turn but they were referring to shelter that Pakistan provides to them. If there is a discrimination then its their internal matter, let them solve it for themselves but at least don't support them by giving shelter and sometimes even arms to these people. It wouldn't go that well for a small country like Pakistan. After all, Pakistan is no US, don't you think?

Pakistan doesn't supports any nationalist rebel group because they are a danger to its own territory. Rigi, Jandullah head was seen going to indian embassy and meeting indian ambassador in Kabul and Iran knows india is helping both iranian balochs and pakistan balochs

Pakistan doesn't supports any nationalist rebel group because they are a danger to its own territory. Rigi, Jandullah head was seen going to indian embassy and meeting indian ambassador in Kabul and Iran knows india is helping both iranian balochs and pakistan balochs

iranians knew rigi connection with CIA

strange thing is, these all separatists go to afghanistan to prepare for their jobs and get asheerwaad from them americans dont seek a hint, when some thing goes wrong in mumbai CIA comes up with the story that they knew already all the intelligence, very strange..

iranians knew rigi connection with CIA

strange thing is, these all separatists go to afghanistan to prepare for their jobs and americans dont seek a hint, when some thing goes wrong in mumbai CIA comes up with the story that they knew already all the intelligence, very strange..

RAW and CIA Different sides of the same coin

A couple of warnings.

This is not a sectarian topic. This is about terrorism, plain and simple. Don't try and hijack this thread and make it sectarian.

Secondly, I have changed the thread title to reflect the title of the article. In future I will delete threads in which posters try to pursue their own agenda by changing the title to suit their purposes.

my dear, you indian is believing an iranian, but when ayatullah says in support of kashmir u whine like a lil girl damn..

u say we provide shelter, but providing shelter, why will we provide shelter, dont we have iondian terrorism in balochistan to deal with in first place, dont bring ur conspiracy theaories here esp on matters which dont concern you..

I wasn't making any conspiracy theories but I was replying to your reply. Read it again. May be you'd get it this time.

iran has to accept that the discrimination against sunnis will not work... all these things are happening because of their fault and how convinientlythey laying on all on pakistan because pakistan shares the border.

Your suggestion is for Iran to stop discrimination against Sunnis...and you blame them for all this..which would mean you agree that there are anti-Iran elements in Pakistan.

Now read my previous post.

I wasn't making any conspiracy theories but I was replying to your reply. Read it again. May be you'd get it this time.

Your suggestion is for Iran to stop discrimination against Sunnis...and you blame them for all this..which would mean you agree that there are anti-Iran elements in Pakistan.

Now read my previous post.

no i blame the sunnis of iran for this, not pakistan, and ofcourse i blame afghanista =n which shelters CIA and RW terrorists

btw isnt india claiming to be funding the chahbahr port in balochistan???, the presence of indian funding there also means, indi cant be funding terrorism there just like pakistani balochistan

Back
Top Bottom