What's new

Iran Fully Indigenizes Production of Gas Turbo-Compressors

New Recruit

Reaction score
TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran completely indigenized production of gas turbo-compressors and is now among the few countries with the capability to manufacture the high-tech equipment, an Iranian official said.

Director for Research and Technology at the National Iranian Gas Company (NIGC) Saeed Pakseresht said Iran has become self-sufficient in building gas turbo-compressors and is now among six countries which manufacture the equipment.

He said gas turbo-compressors are high-tech equipment whose design and manufacture technology is monopolized by a handful of European and American companies, press tv reported.

He added that domestic manufacturers can now design and manufacture indigenous turbo-compressors for gas projects across Iran.

Prior to such achievement, Pakseresht pointed out, Iranian companies made certain parts of gas turbines by transferring technology from foreign companies, but they are currently capable of both designing and building the whole assembly in the country.

In December 2011, Iranian experts indigenized production of compressor rotors needed for development projects in the giant South Pars gas field through reverse engineering.

The achievement is the result of the efforts made by Iranian experts at the country's Northeastern Shahid Hasheminejad Gas Refinery and after a call for help by officials in charge of the development of South Pars gas field.

Ali Asqar Qarayee, a manager at Hasheminejad gas refining company stated that Iranian experts started developing the rotors through reverse engineering, given the fact that the sales of such tools and equipment as compressor rotors to Iran has been banned due to sanctions.

He added that the home-made rotors have already been mounted on two compressors of Phases 4 and 5 of the South Pars gas filed, mentioning that the domestically-produced rotors have cost the country one-tenth the price for their foreign rivals.

Fars News Agency :: Iran Fully Indigenizes Production of Gas Turbo-Compressors

I think this was done during the NIGC and MAPNA relations ....

again a new big step forward for our industries.

MAPNA wanna be the Siemens of Iran :)

What is the final goal? industry, HALE drone?

well ,when you master a technology , you can use it in all fields and nobody can restrict your use of it. at also apply to Turbo compressors they have both civilian and Military use and I'm sure we are gonna use it for both

I also like this part
He added that the home-made rotors have already been mounted on two compressors of Phases 4 and 5 of the South Pars gas filed, mentioning that the domestically-produced rotors have cost the country one-tenth the price for their foreign rivals.

now they can't rip us off, at least in this field and soon in many other fields

@tyrant
Iran is going to use it's companies help for the department of defense industries . just like US and russia co-operating with Boeing , lockheed martin , Sukhoi , Mig company etc... . and one of the biggest ( i think even the biggest of Iran and ME ! ) is MAPNA group , this company have exprience in four different fields. for example the bonyan 4 sea engine was a co-oprating project between defence ministry and the MAPNA, this engine can support the engines of frigates to destroyers (2000 to 8000 tonage ships ) and it is about how you use the engine ... you can use up to 4 of it in a ship and this better than building a big engine because it uses less gasoline ....

also in fighters , choppers etc... are the same deals , and this is done recently by the government cause in this way Iran won't invent the wheel again and instead will use the experience of it's big companies ....

other example : Hesa , Saha ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys ... wait for iranian new generation unmanned aerial vehicles :azn:

Back
Top Bottom