What's new

Iqbal and The Reconstruction of Religious Thought

FaujHistorian

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I love iqbal's poetry. In our family we recite his poetry all the time.

Back in 1930 (some 83 years ago) he presented 7 lectures:

1. -- Knowledge and Religious Experience
2. -- The Philosophical Test of the Revelations of Religious Experience
3. -- The Conception of God and the Meaning of Prayer
4. -- The Human Ego – His Freedom and Immortality
5. -- The Spirit of Muslim Culture
6. -- The Principle of Movement in the Structure of Islam
7. -- Is Religion Possible?

If you are serious about Iqbal Here are the 7 lectures from reconstruction. Tell me which one you will apply to Pakistan and how?

Please make sure to read your specific lecture first. Here is the online link.

The Reconstruction of Religious Thought In Islam - International Iqbal Society (Formerly DISNA)

Thank you

Last edited:
Bro!

Do you read the lecture itself?

Did you pick up the concept of "ego" from it?

The Human Ego - His Freedom and Immortality - International Iqbal Society (Formerly DISNA)

Just curious.

to be very honest ,i haven't read that ,you have posted link ,sure i will go through it,
but in general, there is very thin line between ego and self respect ,and in most of the incident ,when self respect going to turn in ego and cross that thin line no buddy knows ,

i have work in many place ,haven't seen society which is perfectly balance, haven't seen people who really come out of religion,race or division ,

although i consider Javanese is best society in world ,who believe philosophically, and give much importance to cultural integrity rather than religion,gender race (not today,is been long history Javanese culture) ,even though such thing exist in this society ,

but thanx for posting link,

291367_342459875835862_762864893_o.jpg

to be very honest ,i haven't read that ,you have posted link ,sure i will go through it,
but in general, there is very thin line between ego and self respect ,and in most of the incident ,when self respect going to turn in ego and cross that thin line no buddy knows ,

i have work in many place ,haven't seen society which is perfectly balance, haven't seen people who really come out of religion,race or division ,

although i consider Javanese is best society in world ,who believe philosophically, and give much importance to cultural integrity rather than religion,gender race (not today,is been long history Javanese culture) ,even though such thing exist in this society ,

but thanx for posting link,

yes. please read and post your views.

hamidmahmood.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/291367_342459875835862_762864893_o.jpg

Thanks.

Which lecture number?

And what are your views about the quoted text?

Thanks

Why not start with 7 is religion possible?
Many Pakistani's are in the first period ''faith''.
There is no individual thinking,religious leaders are followed blindly.
Some are in the second period ''thought''.
Knowing but not doing.
A few are in the most important period ''discovery''.
These are the ones to draw the people out of the monotonous acceptance.
If the individual understands the next sentence in the true meaning,
''no understanding of the Holy Book is possible until it is actually revealed to the believer just as it was revealed to the Prophet'',the country will change in a positive way.
Emperism and rationalism(nativism), form a person,not the one or the other,you need both.
I hope i understood what you meant by;apply to Pakistan.

Last edited:
I love iqbal's poetry.
me 2!

He was indeed a great man ! i love his poems and really appreciate his ideas regarding islam .

plus i have the " کلیات اقبال لاهوری" book consisting of almost all of his poems :smitten:

_ چه گویم قصه دین و وطن را
که نتوان فاش گفتن این سخن را
مرنج از من که از بی مهری تو
بنا کردم ہمان دیر کهن را

I have read some of Iqbal's poem which shows strong Indian nationalistic feelings. I wonder how Pakistanis see such Indian nationalistic poems of Iqbal when they want to disassociate themselves from Indians.

Back
Top Bottom