What's new

IPL says no to Pak players; Nine teams to play in 2012

karan.1970

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
IPL says no to Pak players; Nine teams to play in 2012 | News | NDTVSports.com

For the third time in a row, the Pakistan players have been snubbed by the Indian Premier League.

The IPL Governing Council decided on Friday in a meeting that there will be no Pak players in the next season of the T20 league. IPL's newly appointed chairman Rajiv Shukla had said that it will be up to the franchises to take a decision on Pakistan players whether to buy them or not.

Another important decision that the Governing Council took in Hyderabad is that there will be nine teams participating in 2012 after Kochi was expelled from the league, last month.

This means that there will be a new format of the IPL. It is learnt that the IPL is likely to go back to its home and away format and the number of matches will increase.

It was also learnt that Kochi players like S Sreesanth, Mahela Jayawardene, Muttiah Muralidharan and VVS Laxman will be up for auction.

i am against it since first day that pakistani players play in IPL and yes they make me happy every time when they say no pakistani players .thanks IPL

they are our players and they should always wear green pakistani uniform not delhi bombay channai culkata red black blue just for money :agree:

After Ijaz Butt's departure as chairman Cricket board this is another good news for Pakistan cricket.

I don't think its sour grapes karan. The only thing the IPL has to offer and is attractive is $$ for the players that's all. On the international field i believe it has been proven to be a bad thing. This can be clearly shown by the Indians been incapable of winning a game in the last 10 that they have played in. Internationally the IPL has done no favors to India.

I agree Imran Bhai.. But Afridi doesnt seem to agree with you...

then he is not last player on earth he already resign and if indians let him play he should go we don't care .but dignity is a hero should not wear any other uniform then his own .for money if he like to be joker then he not hero at all.for me its matter of country proud and great green uniform not money .they already earn millions and still not fill there stomach?

This can be clearly shown by the Indians been incapable of winning a game in the last 10 that they have played in. Internationally the IPL has done no favors to India.

I disagree with your comment.

We just won World cup and it was because we are used to play in situations where situations are critical as generally occurs in tournament like IPL. Also since the opposition is much familier to us it was easy to adjust with situations

On the contrary, we saw pakistan bent under pressure in all important run chase during semi-finals. They couldn't keep up with pressure.

In addition these tournaments provides great entertainment to the people when all the greats of the game playing together in a teams. Isn't it the idea of game is all about?

Although, I also think they should make a clear-cut rule for IPL participation for Indian team players.

I disagree with your comment.

We just won World cup and it was because we are use to play in situations where required run rate is high as in IPL. Also since the opposition is much familier to us.

As we saw pakistan bent under pressure in all important run chase during semi-finals. They couldn't keep up with pressure.

Although I also think they should make a clear-cut rule for IPL participation for Indian team players.

I am a cricket fan and that's all - have a look trident how many players the Indians have had out in the last 6 months on the international stage. Also look at who went back 2 weeks early from the tour JUST to make certain they were fit for domestic cricket.I don't want to single out players as that's not fair but the lure of the $$ made them leave their duties for their country and run for the $$. Im sorry but that's not just my opinion. You will see changes in the Indian cricketing world in the next 6 months which will prioritize international cricket as bring 1st in all their agenda.

Pakistan's refusal to play in IPL 2 even when it was held in South Africa has had an impact. As always, opposite and more than equal.

it does not say anywhere that Pak players cannot play, If owners want them . and anyone who thinks that IPL is no good are kidding themselves. grow up and embrace the future. Every single person has the right to earn a better living for themselves. People saying here that they dont want pak players play for money must realize that IF Amer,asif and butt's were playing in IPL , guys like majeed will not be able to lure them under the garb of a few thousand dollars since these players(atleast the first two) would be making millions in IPL

I am a cricket fan and that's all - have a look trident how many players the Indians have had out in the last 6 months on the international stage. Also look at who went back 2 weeks early from the tour JUST to make certain they were fit for domestic cricket.I don't want to single out players as that's not fair but the lure of the $$ made them leave their duties for their country and run for the $$. Im sorry but that's not just my opinion. You will see changes in the Indian cricketing world in the next 6 months which will prioritize international cricket as bring 1st in all their agenda.

In this I am with you. What is more important is to balance both international vs league match participation. And as a professional body I am sure BCCI will make some ground rules for that.

Back
Top Bottom