What's new

IPL 2012

In the two matches Sakib played KKR wins in the latter match he was elected man of the match . so what was the logic ICC no. 1 were sitting idle in the side line ?

Sh!t happens when SRK buys a cricket team.

In the two matches Sakib played KKR wins in the latter match he was elected man of the match . so what was the logic ICC no. 1 were sitting idle in the side line ?

I too wanted Sakib to play but glad that he got a chance finally and is performing well.

Just happy to see Azhar Mahmood getting a good knock on his IPL debut!! He along with Abdul Razzak & Saqlain Mushtaq were the three most unfortunate Pakistani cricketers. I don't like Kings Eleven. But I'll cheer for them because of Azhar Mahmood. I just love these Pakistani cricketers. So sue me!!!

I just hope he bowls well too and begs the MoM award.. yeah.. sue me!!

Sehwag, Pietersen unleash the Daredevils within

Mutual admiration has great advantages in sport. In soccer, that could mean a fellow striker relaying the ball to his partner, instead of finishing it himself. In cricket, that means the man rated among the most destructive batsmen savours his partner's game before launching into the bowlinghimself.
The Delhi Daredevils once again rode high on their enviable top-order batting, as they virtually played the Mumbai Indians out of the park after notching up the second-highest total in IPL-V. That ensured there would be no avenging thedefeat suffered at the Wankhede Stadium.
In the end, the Daredevils sweptto a 37-run victory, despite Ambati Rayudu's heroics for the second game in a row.
Two-pronged attack
The home team management insists that more than sheer talent, the experience and calm heads of their batsmen is what's making the difference. And that was proved once again. Sehwag became only the third batsman to score three half-centuries in a row in the tournament, lashing eight fours and four sixes in his 39-ball blitz.
Mahela Jayawardene, good withthose big hits as well as in dismantling the bowling with placements, played an almost equal hand in the 135-run opening partnership, the secondhighest of the season. Wicketkeeper Dinesh Karthik missed Sehwag's stumping on 40 off left-arm spinner Robin Peterson, but the home captain would still rue not getting that century that was there for the taking.
MI, still looking for momentum at the halfway mark in the tournament, brought back Lasith Malinga after he recovered from the back problem. The slinger gave away only one run in his first over butwas too erratic after that. The magical yorkers were simply absent.
The Daredevils showed in three overs why their batting can takethem all the way. Sehwag dismissed Kieron Pollard's lone seven-ball 11th over with two sixes and two fours. It went for 23 runs. After Jayawardene reverse-hit Peterson's left-arm spin to be caught at point and Sehwag failed to get enough power trying to hoist the South African over deep cover, the innings threatened to lose momentum.
That after Pollard failed with two leaping attempts at point, off Malinga, to catch the batsmen. He badly hurt his rightshoulder after landing heavily — the second time to be forced off the field.
Kevin Pietersen, taking guard on a strip on which he slammed a century against the Chargers, took 18 runs off the 17th over by Harbhajan and then took 20 off Peterson’s next over, including a high-on-entertainment switch-hit over cover for six. He signed off with a 26-ball unbeaten 50, with six 4s and three sixes.
Tendulkar brought the crowd toits feet with a stunning inside-out six, but didn’t pack enough punch trying to hoist Morne Morkel to be caught at mid-off.

fq these players can score 382 runs in 39.4 overs !

At last SRK team has won cup for him. Now he can become more arrogant :lol:.

Congrats KKR.Thanks to Suneel Narain..He was the key factor..

F8Ck OFF all the DaDa fans who started supporting Pune. we are the winners...now gulp it down...u mothafackas.

kkr17489.jpg

i also take this opportunity to remind all the members of PDF who were making fun of KKR from the beginning..especially by the statements like KKR is a team where all the best players lose their form..etc etc...it is to remind them this is also like a slap on their faces....I now its harsh..but am just too ecstatic at the moment...it was a team that was written off due to its last 4 seasons performnace...and after being patient and taking all the criticism..I deserve to give it back to you.

P.S : that was just to vent out my feelings. Please dont mind my post...yess we won..KnIIGHT RIIIIDEEEERS !!

Big growth in IPL's online viewership
NEW DELHI: Season Five of the IPL, which concluded recently, saw a 55 per cent increase in online viewership. In comparison with 72 million page views in 2011, 113 million page views were generated during this year's action packed season. The matches were streamed online by IPL official partner, Times Internet Limited (TIL) in partnership with YouTube.

Showing a strong growth of over 87 per cent from the previous year, the page views for India stood at 80 million as compared to 43 million last year. The final on May 27 generated 7.5 million page views, making it the highest single-day viewership during the entire season.

Rishi Khiani, CEO, Times Internet Limited, said, "Premium video content is a key focus area for us at Indiatimes. We promised IPL 2012 viewers a highly interactive and engaging cricket viewing experience beyond what India has seen before. The online viewership numbers and advertiser traction across the season validate our delivery of this promise."

Gautam Anand, Director of content partnership, Google APAC, said, "It's heartening to see the continuous growth in the viewership of this exciting tournament online from across the globe. This season was extra special with lots of close matches and last-ball finishes and we are really glad that we were able to bring all the action live to our audience on YouTube for the third consecutive year. Indiatimes has been a fantastic partner for us and we would like to congratulate the entire team of Times Internet on achieving this success."

Back
Top Bottom