What's new

Involve Israel and Singapore in the MCA project

Tshering22

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Dear fellow countrymen, I was thinking that as our country is advancing towards military development and we are developing our own stealth fighter, we must involve in a couple of close allies to speed up the project.

We should continue developing the entire MCA ourselves with our knowledge but if it involves in foreign allies, it would mean:

1) A strong strategic base reiterating our foreign policy

2) Faster work as partners would be keen to induct the fighter incase our government becomes slow--they would act as accelerators

3) Singapore and Israel are both strategically beneficial for us--- Israel is one of the strongest technological contributor to our military while Singapore is one of the top 5 allies in the Indian Ocean Regions.

There are two reasons why I mentioned Singapore and Israel specifically:

1- both the countries have warm ties with us
2- they don't pose any strategic threat to us even in long term
3- they are safe enough to be given our source codes to modify their versions of MCA as they want

The benefits these two coutnries have would be:

*) Israel was recently rumored to be rejected for the F-15 Silent Eagle; Russia isn't that close with them while European weapons are too expensive for their small defense budget. So they can get reinforcements for their F-35s that they will receive from USA replacing their older F-15 'Neshers'.

If they join the MCA program, it will strengthen our ties with them, we can share some of their advanced know-how in exchange for giving them access to source codes and also mend our recent diplomatic blunder that our government made by condemning Israeli action (As a neutral country, our government could have remained silent and refused to comment).

*) Singapore has aquired latest F-15s but needs to replace its F-16s in the near future. They are a financially well off country and also an advanced technological hub having strong military ties with us.

Asking them to join the project would mean additional technical know-how, better inter-operability and SAF earning themselves a good stealth fighter at reasonable cost effectiveness.

What do you think?
MCA_Concept_Aero_India_2009.jpg

A good Idea,But Lets wait and see, We would Keep our fingers crossed, India has Enough funds to do it alone but to make the Aircraft better and complete faster, We need to have Foreign partners aswell, Lets see what our babus are upto

I think its a silly idea as Israel gets most of its defence funding from US foreign aid and they are already a partner in the F35 program which is a 5th gen stealth fighter so why would they spend their own money in the MCA project?

Israel is not a rich country it is in fact in debt and only US assistance is keeping them afloat when it comes to defence.

I appreciate your view. But There are some doubts about Israel joining such project or India allowing it!!! There must be some cooperations regarding sub-systems as many of our own systems have susb-systems from Israel or joint development projects.

Singapore is a good choice but I think we should reach closer for such joint venture.

We can think about cooperating with some other countries like South Korea (just projected concept of its own programme), Japan (has its own project), Brazil ad South Africa (both selling systems to Pakistan or China). We can talk about joint development of some critical systems or risk sharing.

Mr.Tshering22 a little advice "we will not decide the future partner in AMCA project" and i don't think so it's a good idea. India will introduce it's AMCA By 2025. Singapore and Israel both are not good in Avionic technology,it's mean they can't help us by technology and India is capable to finance this project without any help.

We already have a JV 5th gen with the Russians (FGFA)

MCA is to improve our own R&D expertise.

May be co-develop a few subsystems with Israel but apart from that Radar and Engine must be Indian.

Co-developed systems could include Missiles , Munitions and EW suits

Excellent idea...but I would choose the Russians any day to involve in the MCA.

Mr.Tshering22 a little advice "we will not decide the future partner in AMCA project" and i don't think so it's a good idea. India will introduce it's AMCA By 2025. Singapore and Israel both are not good in Avionic technology,it's mean they can't help us by technology and India is capable to finance this project without any help.

dude, Israel is very advanced in developing avionics, sensors and EW systems for fighter aircrafts.

Good idea Singapore could be involved but regarding Israel i doubt it if our people will allow it??

I dont think u guys understand how Israel is funded when it comes to defence

In 2007, the United States increased its military aid to Israel by over 25%, to an average of $3 billion per year for the following ten year period (starting at $2.550 billion for 2008, growing by $150 million each year.

The system dubbed the "Iron Dome," is being promoted by the Obama administration as the latest example of expanded military cooperation between the United States and Israel. President Barack Obama has asked Congress for $205 million to accelerate development of the system, about half its total cost.

Israel gets 3/4 of its defence budget via the Foreign Assistance program provided by USA, Israel has no money of its own to invest in the MCA thats why they joined the f35 program.

dude, Israel is very advanced in developing avionics, sensors and EW systems for fighter aircrafts.

u r right but they can't help us very much in AMCA project. JV with Israel and Singapore forced us to share technology. the best option for india to develop his own technology or buy some technology from other nation. if we become success in development of fully indigenous AMCA than we can sell it to Israel,Singapore and other countries but in the case of JV they become our partner...

u r right but they can't help us very much in AMCA project. JV with Israel and Singapore forced us to share technology. the best option for india to develop his own technology or buy some technology from other nation. if we become success in development of fully indigenous AMCA than we can sell it to Israel,Singapore and other countries but in the case of JV they become our partner...
We need foreign partners not for funding but strengthening our strategic reach even more and to expedite the process which is as we know very slow in our government circles. With countries onboard, our government will be forced to perform better for prestige and image sakes as well as to deliver its committment rather than the pathetic performance it showed during the era of Tejas LCA development and Arjun tank. Even now we don't have enough infrastructure to conduct our own flight tests and have to go to Gromov test centre in Russia for conducting advanced tests while China already has such facilities at home.

Singapore and Israel are high profile countries in terms of defense and therefore getting them as strategic partners and committed customers would only enhance our abilities.

Why not china:toast_sign:

How many days we kill our home research's by israel radar and american engines

Back
Top Bottom