What's new

Invasion of Libya by US & UK ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've consistently seen on this forum, and many others, that there is a common notion of "invade and steal the oil." I've responded countless times that this notion is ridiculous, and that anyone who passed 3rd grade math will see that it doesn't add up.

The current cost to operate a military on such a scale as invasion/occupation is astronomical, and it is impossible to justify it based on the "theft" of natural resources.

An analogy - a local store has some really cool video games I want, but I don't want to pay for them.

I buy a rifle, night vision goggles, explosives, advanced comm gear, and go to a military-style training center where I pay $10,000 for advanced training. I rent a HUMVEE, hire drivers and guards. One dark and cloudy night, I infiltrate the video game store, blow the doors off with explosives, storm in, and stuff 5 video games into my trousers. We escape. Success! I get to play "Call of Duty XII" for free! :rolleyes:

I buy a rifle, night vision goggles, explosives, advanced comm gear, and go to a military-style training center where I pay $10,000 for advanced training. I rent a HUMVEE, hire drivers and guards. One dark and cloudy night, I infiltrate the video game store, blow the doors off with explosives, storm in, and stuff 5 video games into my trousers. We escape. Success! I get to play "Call of Duty XII" for free! :rolleyes:

I think I have some friends who would go to that length to get Call of Duty games.

I've consistently seen on this forum, and many others, that there is a common notion of "invade and steal the oil." I've responded countless times that this notion is ridiculous, and that anyone who passed 3rd grade math will see that it doesn't add up.

The current cost to operate a military on such a scale as invasion/occupation is astronomical, and it is impossible to justify it based on the "theft" of natural resources.

An analogy - a local store has some really cool video games I want, but I don't want to pay for them.

well how aesthetic ,

rather then pinning out some ones elses opinion, one should rather suggest his point of view only.

my point of view is that its a plane NEW WORLD ORDER scenario. why are we shy enough to put all situation against a timeline and remember the hadith of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) which says that 999 out of 1000 arabs will be dead before the fitna of dajjal (NWO).

they are building up. stop being non-sense. please stop being an alcoholic - secular - taxplugged beings. wake up. middle east is goneee.....

any one who knows the real on-ground presence of the infidel forces (NATO / US ) in KSA, bahrain , egypt and turkey and syria and jordan, would be understanding that middle east is like a stone sitting on the edge of a cliff . we need one pint of pressure and it will start rolling (another war in the middleeast).

I agree, not oil, America invaded Iraq for idealogical reason.

Does that sound any better?

The pentagon is giving Obama the option but unless he's a bigger fool than I thought, he's not going to take it. It would just be a monumentally stupid thing to do.

All of us think that US policy makers know right from wrong -- when it comes to Muslim Majority countries and US policy makers, what is the source of our confidence that that US policy will do right?

What is the Arab spring about?? To my thinking, while it's surely different in different countries, in general, I would say it's about social liberation - US policy makers cannot influence this, they can rob it of legitimacy by imagining that anyone wants the US on their side.

Way to own the thread!!

I agree, not oil, America invaded Iraq for idealogical reason.

Does that sound any better?

Oil is one of the reasons... I would agree with the ideological bit... America in its hopeless attempt to prevent the rise of Islam is engaging in these futile wars, making more enemies by the day and actually helping the cause of Islam by showing its true face (Abu Gharaib, Guan Bay, Begram and hundreds of thousands innocent people killed)... It has to be a completely brain dead fool in this day of info tech to believe that America has some noble cause for doing all this bloodshed... George Bush's food, medicines and supplies of course!!!

Or it may be someone in denial...

Oil is a big part of the game... the video game example is inappropriate because one's life does not depend on video games, whereas Capitalism thrives on a constant supply of oil... You take out the oil and Capitalism as we know it today collapses big time...

but it was nt just the oil... Petro Euros anyone??

hehe... they plan... but someone else is planning too ;)

Okay folks check this one out -- believe me or not there is some crap against Libya in Planning.

UK planning for no-fly zone over Libya: Cameron | World | DAWN.COM
Libyan pilots are allegedly refusing to attack civilians on the street, I think their Air Defense for all it is worth wouldn't mind taking shots at RAF aircrafts. So to neutralize that threat their Air Defense will have to go first. A lot need to be done to enforce no fly zone. Gaddafi is in a box, he has nothing to lose now. A stupid move like this will actually strengthen Gaddafis position. His military might just resume taking his orders.

Sit on the side line, go to UN to condemn Gaddafi, let the Libyan people earn their day, and you will have Gaddafi out without any cost to the tax payers.

I think you will find that the british army is already on the ground under the guise of helping "rescue" stranded british nationals working in the oil feilds.Libya protests: SAS 'Blades' rescue 150 terrified Britons from desert nightmare | Mail Online.
You can bet that the plane was loaded with soldiers who where dropped off in the libyan desert to "secure" the oil and filled with british oil workers on the way back giving a nice humanitarian gloss to it all.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

?

SAS and MI6 officers released by Libya's rebel commanders
SAS and MI6 officers released by Libya's rebel commanders | World news | The Guardian

I highly doubt anyone will invade, at least not after learning from the disasters in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Libya is not Iraq nor Afghanistan, it has much better weapons and better trained men.

Its civilian will then be forced into Gaddafi's rule again and I'm pretty sure that will make NATO look bad.

US or UK cannot afford another war right now and this would be a bad policy decision.

I highly doubt anyone will invade, at least not after learning from the disasters in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Libya is not Iraq nor Afghanistan, it has much better weapons and better trained men.

Its civilian will then be forced into Gaddafi's rule again and I'm pretty sure that will make NATO look bad.
I hope the PLA's leadership is filled with fools like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom