What's new

Into the Dragon: Sydney's Chinese investors buy up big in Brisbane

for 20,000 pounds that's not bad at all ! well i can only imagine the cost to renovate. i purchased a property here in the united states, well under 300,000 usd, the re-sell value is great here, the current value of my home now is well above 300,000 usd, so not too bad. the thing that catches you tho is maintenance cost, and property taxes here. i currently reside in new jersey, so , we have one of the highest property taxes in the union. homes here in the us can be affordable, and reasonably spacious. if i were to say purchase a house in japan the size as mine here in the us--- i would not be able to find one priced less than 600,000 usd, at least. i suppose in both japan and uk -- where space is a commodity -- residential prices come with exorbitant fees and upkeep (hidden or otherwise).

my friend who i had visited (he hosted me, lol) lives in relatively renovated condo in eaton terrance, in london. beautiful place. loved it there, but the cost he paid for it was too high i think. or so, i think that's just real estate reality for londoners, i suppose.

hahaha, let's say i have an eclectic taste in that field. ;)

i think ive noticed that many japanese men (coming from japan, not americanized japanese) tend to be very explorative in dating. what i've seen (and done, too) is that there is a growing theme of japanese men dating also african-american women, or carribbean women (black mixed). as one who's dated african-american women -- they're also a prize to behold. great lovers, very emotional and will say what's in their mind, the total opposite of traditional japanese women --- but boy, great lovers and intimate partners. anyways, i always say explore the new world, and new flavors of each culture. we only have one life to live ! so live it ! there are no regrets !

2015-11-13-1447394934-400214-blasian_articlesmall_53987.jpg

17007bc03a597dac2fdd801e62ba423e.jpg

It's quite depending on where you live in Oz. I bought a 3.5 bed 170sqm house in Blacktown for 550k 2 years ago, the same size and petition would cost me about 1.5 mil in Strathfield, 2-2.5 mil in Eastwood or 2 mil in Chatswood. The properties price has been inflated for 1000% since 1990s, I remember my mum bought a 3 bed house in Campsie (quite near Strathfield) for 110k, now you are looking at 1.2-1.5 mil.

But then isn't it the same all across the world? Maybe not that extreme. But still. I remember I wanted to buy a loft in downtown Chicago for 340k back in 2009 but the access fee is too much and I did not do it in the end, now they are up to 450k if I remember correctly.

About dating, it's literally quite different between local Asian or Asian coming from Asia. In Australia, people actually don't care much, most white girl I know currently have or had Asian boyfriend one time or another, well, some are quite racist toward Asian but mostly they went out with everyone. Local Asian (like Australian born Chinese or American born Chinese) usually are the one that are more willing to mix with whites. Be that Girl Friends, Boy Friends or just friends. Mostly because they were under the same culture, and most Asian from mainland China or Japan enjoy company of their own culture and hence when you hang with the same cloud, you will ended up dating Asian in western world.

For me? I have dated literally all races bar Middle Eastern, people from the west date for love and company, not for skin colour, I don't mind if my GF was white, red, yellow or black (I was engaged to a Chinese girl from hong kong before I married my wife from Sweden). Well, women are quite easy to pick up especially after a few drink in pubs, but you do need money to get with girl tho, you can't go to a bar and pick up woman without buying them rounds.

welcome to australia. chinese bro are welcome to visit vietnam towns and enjoy foods...how about pho bowls in Sydney, or some eateries of the Viet hubs in Cabramatta, Marrickville and Bankstown?

PhuongLe_20131116_VCA-fundraising-dinner-0640-640x360.jpg

slider_right.jpg

rolld.jpg

I used to live in Canley Vale, Cabramatta is not a good place to be after dark...

I would not classified Marrickville and Bankstown as Vietnamese town tho, more Marrickville is more like a little Lebanon and Bankstown, well, I don't really remember what Bankstown looks like.

I used to live in Canley Vale, Cabramatta is not a good place to be after dark...

I would not classified Marrickville and Bankstown as Vietnamese town tho, more Marrickville is more like a little Lebanon and Bankstown, well, I don't really remember what Bankstown looks like.
you are half vietnamese, aren´t you? close your eyes...think of VN, then you are in VN :D
PhuongLe_20131116_VCA-fundraising-dinner-0650.jpg

PhuongLe_20131116_VCA-fundraising-dinner-0651.jpg

PhuongLe_20131116_VCA-fundraising-dinner-0753.jpg

It's quite depending on where you live in Oz. I bought a 3.5 bed 170sqm house in Blacktown for 550k 2 years ago, the same size and petition would cost me about 1.5 mil in Strathfield, 2-2.5 mil in Eastwood or 2 mil in Chatswood. The properties price has been inflated for 1000% since 1990s, I remember my mum bought a 3 bed house in Campsie (quite near Strathfield) for 110k, now you are looking at 1.2-1.5 mil.

But then isn't it the same all across the world? Maybe not that extreme. But still. I remember I wanted to buy a loft in downtown Chicago for 340k back in 2009 but the access fee is too much and I did not do it in the end, now they are up to 450k if I remember correctly.

About dating, it's literally quite different between local Asian or Asian coming from Asia. In Australia, people actually don't care much, most white girl I know currently have or had Asian boyfriend one time or another, well, some are quite racist toward Asian but mostly they went out with everyone. Local Asian (like Australian born Chinese or American born Chinese) usually are the one that are more willing to mix with whites. Be that Girl Friends, Boy Friends or just friends. Mostly because they were under the same culture, and most Asian from mainland China or Japan enjoy company of their own culture and hence when you hang with the same cloud, you will ended up dating Asian in western world.

For me? I have dated literally all races bar Middle Eastern, people from the west date for love and company, not for skin colour, I don't mind if my GF was white, red, yellow or black (I was engaged to a Chinese girl from hong kong before I married my wife from Sweden). Well, women are quite easy to pick up especially after a few drink in pubs, but you do need money to get with girl tho, you can't go to a bar and pick up woman without buying them rounds.

How are the school systems around your subdivision ?

For me? I have dated literally all races bar Middle Eastern, people from the west date for love and company, not for skin colour, I don't mind if my GF was white, red, yellow or black (I was engaged t

The hottest girl I was with, I mean the one where I just could not get enough of her was a girl I dated years back from Aruba. She was very dark skinned, but her facial features were mixed with a Caucasian nose and face, beautifully naturally curly jet black hair. Beautiful dark Caribbean beauty. When I moved to NJ from California , had lost in touch. But yea , the dark Caribbean beauty ... Lol. Just so exotic and foreign to me...hahaha.

Anyways good to hear you also are a connoisseur of flavor, bro. Life is all about tasting and seeing. ;)

you are half vietnamese, aren´t you? close your eyes...think of VN, then you are in VN :D
PhuongLe_20131116_VCA-fundraising-dinner-0650.jpg

PhuongLe_20131116_VCA-fundraising-dinner-0651.jpg

PhuongLe_20131116_VCA-fundraising-dinner-0753.jpg

It's hard to think of Vietnam when I have never lived there, beside a few vacation here and there :)

Heh, anyway, yeah, Cabramatta is the only city that can truly be called Vietnam Town (As oppose to China town) There are quite a few Vietnamese Restaurant in Carlingford, Eastwood, Lidcombe and even Sydney CBD, but most Vietnam establishment were invaded by the Chinese (Much like in real life) and most Vietnamese related store in Sydney are actually opened by Chinese.....or at very least Chinese-Vietnamese

How are the school systems around your subdivision ?

The school system in our Council LGA (Which like a incorporate in the US) is shit........

We got several High School than did not appear in any ranking within NSW. A TAFE (technical college) and a University Campus that basically anyone can get in for a place if they have money. And then a few community college style education establishment around the city center.

If I ever had kids, I would probably have to move to Baulkham Hill or Carlingford, they have much better high school there, and you can go anywhere you like in college

The hottest girl I was with, I mean the one where I just could not get enough of her was a girl I dated years back from Aruba. She was very dark skinned, but her facial features were mixed with a Caucasian nose and face, beautifully naturally curly jet black hair. Beautiful dark Caribbean beauty. When I moved to NJ from California , had lost in touch. But yea , the dark Caribbean beauty ... Lol. Just so exotic and foreign to me...hahaha.

Anyways good to hear you also are a connoisseur of flavor, bro. Life is all about tasting and seeing. ;)

The hottest girl I have been with is when I was work-vacationing in Cancun with a Latina chick, Half white, quarter Amerindian and Quarter Black. Her blues eyes and dark toned skin contrast to each other nicely, long silky jet black hair and a hot bod is the one to kill for. But then holiday romance did not actually last long, and well, then I went back to college and went out with a girl eventually work in the Disneyland and dress like Cinderella everyday....

I've been to Aussie land. I have an uncle in Melbourne who is pretty successful businessman. I won't ever forget my first trip there and coming across many Aussies and explaining my roots and saying that I was British Asian. They would literally give me a crazy look and say "no way" i.e. I can't be based on my physical looks. I'd explain that Asia is a big place and they would then say look at your eyes, stature etc, they'd just give up in the end :p:. I did make friends with many Asian folks there. The girls were lovely (very cute) and so nice to me. The native Aussie girls I thought were too loud and drank even more than the English girls back home lol.

I don't mind if my GF was white, red, yellow or black (I was engaged to a Chinese girl from hong kong before I married my wife from Sweden).
I am thinking which race is "red". Texas redneck?

I am thinking which race is "red". Texas redneck?

Are you for real living in the United States??

Red Skins as in Washington Redskins, do you know what is in their team logo/insignia??

Are you for real living in the United States??

Red Skins as in Washington Redskins, do you know what is in their team logo/insignia??

sorry, I am not into professional football at all. Are you really from China as your flag indicated?

sorry, I am not into professional football at all. Are you really from China as your flag indicated?

Dude, it's not about football, American Indian have been known as Red Race for like hundred of years, if you are indeed living in the US then you would have heard about it at all in TVs or Newspaper or even your local Native American group. So you are saying you don't watch TV, listen to Radio or gone out in the US??

I lived and educated in China and Hong Kong and have a HKSAR passport, you tell me.

Dude, it's not about football, American Indian have been known as Red Race for like hundred of years, if you are indeed living in the US then you would have heard about it at all in TVs or Newspaper or even your local Native American group. So you are saying you don't watch TV, listen to Radio or gone out in the US??

I lived and educated in China and Hong Kong and have a HKSAR passport, you tell me.

Ok, good to know. I am not familiar with anthropology. American Indian looks yellow race to me.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom