What's new

Int’l function hails Vietnam role in India’s ‘Look East’ policy

Tresbon

Reaction score
Country
China
1.jpg

Many participants in an international conference in India have praised Vietnam’s role in India’s “Look East” policy which has turned into “Act East” by new Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

With a theme of “Indian Look East-Act East policy: A bridge to the Asian Neighborhood,” the event in the western state of Maharashtra on December 13-14, draw scholars, former Indian ambassadors to Asia, and representatives from 19 countries, according to the Vietnam News Agency.

Participants suggested that educational and cultural roles in northeast India be deepened and expanded, and shared the same opinion that there remained plenty of room for India’s trade and investment promotion.

Addressing the function, Vietnamese Ambassador to India Ton Sinh Thanh said Vietnam values the Look East policy of India and wants to witness more of its presence in the region.
In praising the Look East policy, which was launched more than two decades ago, Thanh said India has been playing an increasingly important role in shaping regional security architecture and economic connectivity.

The Ambassador suggested enhancing road, navigation and aviation connectivity between India and the East Asia region to further bring the “Act East” policy into play.

The official called on India to contribute to efforts to deal with security challenges and hot spots in the region, support ASEAN and China in strictly implementing the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the East Sea and building the Code of Conduct in the East Sea.

Russian AF also back to operate in SCS(east sea). Strong Vn will bring lots of benefit to India-Russia. Greater sub-Mekong regionwill bring even much more benefit to all of us .:partay:

great-mekong-subregion-east-west-economic-corridor
great-mekong-subregion-east-west-economic-corridor.gif

Why not a south-north economic corridor.
Thailand, laos, Cambo can be linked to China and share the development of China`s boosting economy

Russian AF also back to operate in SCS(east sea). Strong Vn will bring lots of benefit to India-Russia. Greater sub-Mekong regionwill bring even much more benefit to all of us .:partay:

great-mekong-subregion-east-west-economic-corridor

Contain China? How? 
How could countries like Vietnam and India can contain China...
I would say the best way for Vietnam is joining the China economy and share the development.
Contain will only make Vietnam people suffer..
India? forget about it..India is no match for China in any means..

No, we would like to contain China , so we share Nothing to u, unless u stop bullying VN-India.

Contain China? How? 
I would say the best way for Vietnam is joining the China economy and share the development.

:) wait and watch. Don't be so hasty in dismissing us.

I don`t mean to be offensive, yet as what I see in India,India is still 20 years behind China.
Also this gap will further increase as China is still boosting while India is still developing slowly..
In the coming 30 years, I think there is no chance for India to catch up with China..

:) wait and watch. Don't be so hasty in dismissing us.

I don`t mean to be offensive, yet as what I see in India,India is still 20 years behind China.
Also this gap will further increase as China is still boosting while India is still developing slowly..
In the coming 30 years, I think there is no chance for India to catch up with China..

And who told you that we need to catch up you to stand against you?Lol :lol:
Even now you cant confront India like you did against small SCS nation.We have friends like VN in SCS .That is all we need.

I understand. Also your contention about india behind china by a couple of decades is more or less true. However had congress come back to power you would have been 100 % right in your predictions as well.

But there has been a change of regime in india and as you know the country is defined by the quality of its leaders. We have high confidence in our present leadership and the coming decade will be a milestone in the progress of india. So while you are going to grow well for next 30 years (which is a good thing), there is going to be a very healthy competition from this side as well :)

we don`t need to confront India with war like 1962`s
we don`t want to invade India.
Make ally with the neighbors of India, equip them with Chinese weapons, setup military base in India ocean.
That is enough to confront India..
Vietnam? They just need you to balance China.
As China continue to develop, Vietnam will yield to China finally..

And who told you that we need to catch up you to stand against you?Lol :lol:
Even now you cant confront India like you did against small SCS nation.We have friends like VN in SCS .That is all we need.

Right, I see so many people is expect PM Modi to change India..
I see so many fans of him.
Yet I would say India has a lot of problem that need long term revolution..
I doubt if Modi can change it in his PM time.
Change in a state is easy, change in the whole country is difficult...

I understand. Also your contention about india behind china by a couple of decades is more or less true. However had congress come back to power you would have been 100 % right in your predictions as well.

But there has been a change of regime in india and as you know the country is defined by the quality of its leaders. We have high confidence in our present leadership and the coming decade will be a milestone in the progress of india. So while you are going to grow well for next 30 years (which is a good thing), there is going to be a very healthy competition from this side as well :)

Contain China? How? 
How ?? even VN local militia still can defeat 'mighty' PLA. We can help Indian militia to kick PLA @$$ if they want to.

Btw: u dont need to know what VN-India can share together. U only need to know that our collaboration is good for both VN-India, but bad for China. Thats all :pop:

we don`t need to confront India with war like 1962`s
we don`t want to invade India.
Make ally with the neighbors of India, equip them with Chinese weapons, setup military base in India ocean.
That is enough to confront India..
Vietnam? They just need you to balance China.
As China continue to develop, Vietnam will yield to China finally..

Right, I see so many people is expect PM Modi to change India..
I see so many fans of him.
Yet I would say India has a lot of problem that need long term revolution..
I doubt if Modi can change it in his PM time.
Change in a state is easy, change in the whole country is difficult...

You have 1962 for boasting and we have our own 1967 &1987 for boasting .But that doesnt change the reality.
Except Pakistan ,others are dont interested in antagonizing India.If they did in past that was because of our weak central govt.But now if they did that they know the story will drastically at next instant.

Our governance is none of your business.

I don`t want to persuade you. but let`s wait another ten years..
More and more Vietnamese are trying to seek job and settle down in China, enjoy the better life here..
Who will care the war?

How ?? even VN local militia still can defeat 'mighty' PLA. We can help Indian militia to kick PLA @$$ if they want to.
Btw: u dont need to know what VN-India can share together. U only need to know that our collaboration is good for both VN-India, but bad for China. Thats all :pop:

I would suggest India people to focus and strength yourself first before caring too much outside..
without proper economy and military power, it is hard to persuade others to follow you..

You have 1962 for boasting and we have our own 1967 &1987 for boasting .But that doesnt change the reality.
Except Pakistan ,others are dont interested in antagonizing India.If they did in past that was because of our weak central govt.But now if they did that they know the story will drastically at next instant.

Our governance is none of your business.

I don`t want to persuade you. but let`s wait another ten years..
More and more Vietnamese are trying to seek job and settle down in China, enjoy the better life here..
Who will care the war?

I would suggest India people to focus and strength yourself first before caring too much outside..
without proper economy and military power, it is hard to persuade others to follow you..

We knows our priority.We dont need a developing nations advice for us.So be prepared for our very next movements

Good..
I wish I can see things new when I come to India next time..

We knows our priority.We dont need a developing nations advice for us.So be prepared for our very next movements

Back
Top Bottom