What's new

Internet users in Pakistan

Falcon26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Where will these numbers place Pakistan globally and how can the country leverage these numbers to improve its economy? @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

“Pakistan has 76 million 3G/4G subscribers and 78m broadband subscribers. The PTA figures show that Google’s YouTube is the most visited website in the country with around 93m monthly visits, followed by “google.com” and “google.com.pk’ at 76m and 51m visits a month, respectively.”

https://www.dawn.com/news/1545738/google-launches-new-features-to-aid-pakistans-anti-virus-response

Where will these numbers place Pakistan globally and how can the country leverage these numbers to improve its economy? @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

“Pakistan has 76 million 3G/4G subscribers and 78m broadband subscribers. The PTA figures show that Google’s YouTube is the most visited website in the country with around 93m monthly visits, followed by “google.com” and “google.com.pk’ at 76m and 51m visits a month, respectively.”

https://www.dawn.com/news/1545738/google-launches-new-features-to-aid-pakistans-anti-virus-response
With internet connectivity, the first economic door is freelancing and outsourcing. But that depends on the skill level of our local populace and the resources (in the way of skill development, computers, etc) available to them. Sadly, I don't think our youth have enough resources available to them to excel.

Just a case-in-point, I contracted a simple video editing project out to Pakistan, and what would normally take me 10-20 minutes to render took this guy 4-6 hours. I didn't even want to know what computer he was using, but I knew it wasn't good (though the guy himself was bright, but he was capped with under-powered hardware).

IMHO ... unless kids there are going into STEM (incl. mathematical economics/finance, health sciences, etc), they shouldn't be going to university. I think middle class Pakistani parents need to wake up and not feed tier-2 colleges and universities their kids; instead, invest your money in good PC/Macs, good internet, and enrolling your children in professional content creation (visual design, videos, writing, etc) OR software development.

With great quality work, these freelancers can bring in PKR 100,000 a month easily.

Idiots are now out of bandwidth. Internet is working like a snail.

First of all we need to improve the fecking quality of the internet

Internet speeds have gone down almost everywhere in South Asia. Sudden spike in people working from home + spike in internet usage by the ones who are busy with tiktok, youtube, Netflix etc.

Government should do more to bring more efficient use of the internet.

Also privacy laws are shit in Pakistan and online fraud is now becoming a common practice.

The Pharoah with the young wife needs to get his house in order.

Thats is true, internet has slowed down massively in Pakistan, something really urgent needs to be done.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom