What's new

International media conspiracy to defame Bangladesh as next Taliban country

6817656e79fc2c0b2e0f6a706700e43e.jpg

Hardline Muslims rally in Bangladesh seeking anti-blasphemy law amid nationwide shutdown

Read more: Hardline Muslims rally in Bangladesh seeking anti-blasphemy law amid nationwide shutdown | Fox News

DHAKA, Bangladesh – Thousands of members of a hardline Muslim group are rallying in Bangladesh's capital to demand authorities enact an anti-blasphemy law punishing people who insult Islam.
Saturday's rally is taking place amid heightened security in Dhaka and elsewhere after the Hifazat-e-Islam members targeted a group of bloggers who they say are atheists. The bloggers, who deny they're atheists, are seeking capital punishment for those found guilty of war crimes during the nation's 1971 independence war and also want a ban on Jamaat-e-Islami, the country's largest Islamic party.
Top Jamaat-e-Islami leaders are accused of crimes against humanity during the 1971 war against Pakistan.
Meanwhile, about 25 liberal groups are enforcing a daylong shutdown across Bangladesh on Saturday to denounce the Hifazat-e-Islam rally

Read more: Hardline Muslims rally in Bangladesh seeking anti-blasphemy law amid nationwide shutdown | Fox News

Good job bangladeshis.. keep up the good work!!!

Hardline Muslims rally in Bangladesh seeking anti-blasphemy law amid nationwide shutdown

DHAKA, Bangladesh – Thousands of members of a hardline Muslim group are rallying in Bangladesh's capital to demand authorities enact an anti-blasphemy law punishing people who insult Islam.
Saturday's rally is taking place amid heightened security in Dhaka and elsewhere after the Hifazat-e-Islam members targeted a group of bloggers who they say are atheists. The bloggers, who deny they're atheists, are seeking capital punishment for those found guilty of war crimes during the nation's 1971 independence war and also want a ban on Jamaat-e-Islami, the country's largest Islamic party.
Top Jamaat-e-Islami leaders are accused of crimes against humanity during the 1971 war against Pakistan.
Meanwhile, about 25 liberal groups are enforcing a daylong shutdown across Bangladesh on Saturday to denounce the Hifazat-e-Islam rally

Good job bangladeshis.. keep up the good work!!!

This is based on AP report produced by none other than this guy, Julhas Alam, a biased Bangladeshi with suspected connection to Awami League and/or India:

3471835f90db0cbde09a743527e918c0.jpeg

This AP report and how false and inaccurate it is, is posted here:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...gladesh-next-taliban-country.html#post4128898

Now this same AP report is being published by other news orgs.

^^

More about Julhas Alam:

jurnosboy

Hmmm, I am a very simple man...no big ambition, just wanna live a modest life. I am a student of journalism, currently work for The Associated Press (AP), a global news agency based in New York (www.ap.org). Previously I worked for The Daily Star (The Daily Star | Your Right To Know) and New Age (New Age | The Outspoken Daily). I have also worked for various foreign media outlets such as Homemakers (Canada), Der Spiegel (Germany). I often write for weekly Holiday, Dhaka Courier. I was involved with bdnews24.com online newspaper (bdnews24.com) and the United News of Bangladesh (UNB). My personal email: julhas.alam@gmail.com

^^

More about Julhas Alam:

jurnosboy

Hmmm, I am a very simple man...no big ambition, just wanna live a modest life. I am a student of journalism, currently work for The Associated Press (AP), a global news agency based in New York (www.ap.org). Previously I worked for The Daily Star (The Daily Star | Your Right To Know) and New Age (New Age | The Outspoken Daily). I have also worked for various foreign media outlets such as Homemakers (Canada), Der Spiegel (Germany). I often write for weekly Holiday, Dhaka Courier. I was involved with bdnews24.com online newspaper (bdnews24.com) and the United News of Bangladesh (UNB). My personal email: julhas.alam@gmail.com

so just because he has worked for few newspaper whom you don't believe in- he becomes indian?

so just because he has worked for few newspaper whom you don't believe in- he becomes indian?

He is not Indian, he is a Bangladeshi, but he has a history of working for pro-India news papers that has been running Awami League propaganda.

What is your agenda, is it ok to ask?

Implementing measures to stop this alleged global warming is quite expensive and also stops growth of third world nation. Lets say when bnp was in power, awami league fought tooth and nail to stop extraction of coal from dinajpur citing environmental concerns. I have issues with tree huggers.

Wow, aazidane, I did not know you agree with global warming deniers and fox news. Right wing propaganda is not news. Rupert Murdoch sucks big time.

They claimed that a terrorist sympathizer organization called Kingdom Foundation was funding the Ground Zero mosque.They never said who owned it.Turns out it belongs to Prince Waleed Bin Talal.He is Murdoch's partner and owns 20% of Newscorp and Fox News.They called their own boss a terrorist!

They claimed that a terrorist sympathizer organization called Kingdom Foundation was funding the Ground Zero mosque.They never said who owned it.Turns out it belongs to Prince Waleed Bin Talal.He is Murdoch's partner and owns 20% of Newscorp and Fox News.They called their own boss a terrorist!

Murdoch and his faux news is knee deep in their connection with International Islamophobia Industry, neocons and right wing Republican Party.

This is based on AP report produced by none other than this guy, Julhas Alam, a biased Bangladeshi with suspected connection to Awami League and/or India:

3471835f90db0cbde09a743527e918c0.jpeg

This AP report and how false and inaccurate it is, is posted here:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...gladesh-next-taliban-country.html#post4128898

Now this same AP report is being published by other news orgs.

Forget lungi march.we can do that anywhere we please.But seriously bro we should start marching towards these culprits home/office take action in our own hand the law and order is f.c.ked up in ALs hand as it is.

Implementing measures to stop this alleged global warming is quite expensive and also stops growth of third world nation. Lets say when bnp was in power, awami league fought tooth and nail to stop extraction of coal from dinajpur citing environmental concerns. I have issues with tree huggers.

Growth is over rated. Not all 7 billion people need to have "stuff" that Americans have. If they do, then we will have a situation like Wall-E:
WALL-E - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You should see this movie, if you have not already.

I don't know the details of what AL did, it is possible they would use environmental concerns as an excuse. But we have to care about the environment. Because in the end all we have is our healthy body and to maintain a healthy well developed body, we need clean air, water and uncontaminated food (chemical and GMO free).

I will give you an example. When I travel to Korea or Central Asia, in a few days, I feel like a new man. Here in the US, specially in the big city I live in, the air, water and food, I believe is full of chemicals, that makes people sick. I heard in China its worse. Same thing for many other parts of the world.

There are many new cleaner more environmentally friendly tech that is coming up. Even if it slows down our development, we have to follow a prudent course. Once we contaminate and mess up the environment, it is very difficult and expensive to clean up later. It is cheaper in the long run to go the cleaner route and avoid the expense and heavy cost to health later. Bangladesh has that option, since we have just started with industrialization.

One does not need to be fanatic tree hugger, but be informed and aware.

Forget lungi march.we can do that anywhere we please.But seriously bro we should start marching towards these culprits home/office take action in our own hand the law and order is f.c.ked up in ALs hand as it is.

Please do not take law in your own hands. AL and India have created a media eco-system over decades. These people I am posting about are a product of this indoctrination in a pro-India, pro-AL and anti-Islam media eco-system.

What we need to do is create our own pro-Bangladesh media eco-system to counter these people, Amar Desh is just one example.

But it does not hurt to know who these in house traitors are who are our sons of the soil, but not hesitating to defame our country and people, forgetting the duty, responsibility and obligation they have to uphold international journalistic standards to present a fair, accurate and balanced picture, while being employed and paid by Associated Press, Agent France Press, CNN and other news orgs.:
Journalism ethics and standards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cross posted:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...ndus-bangladesh-declare-jamaat-terrorist.html

Obama asked to protect Hindus in Bangladesh

Obama asked to protect Hindus in Bangladesh

Protesting against the rise in violence against minorities in Bangladesh, Hindus of Bangladeshi-origin have gathered outside the White House here, asking US President Barack Obama to protect them and enlist radical Jamat-e-Islami as a foreign terrorist group.

Raising slogans like “We do not want Talibanisation of Bangladesh” and “Save Hindus”, Bangladeshi American Hindus in a memorandum asked Obama to save the religious minorities of Bangladesh and enlist ‘Jamat-e-Islami, Bangladesh’ as a foreign terrorist organisation.

“We are urging everyone to be united in outrage and by humanity and do all you can to save the endangered minorities of Bangladesh,” the memorandum said as the protestors demanded enactment of hate crime laws by the Bangladeshi Government.

They also demanded establishment of a monitoring cell with prosecutorial authority to monitor, prevent, and prosecute all communal incidents; and creation of a minority welfare ministry with authority to create a special police force drawn from the minority populace, reports PTI (Press Trust of India ???) from Washington.

The peaceful protest rally was organised by the supported Bangladesh Hindu Buddhist Christian Unity Council, with support from various other organisations like Hindu American Foundation and the Indian American Intellectual Forum.

"Bangladesh Hindu Buddhist Christian Unity Council, USA is calling upon the civilized world to come to the protection of these innocent and peaceful people who have committed no other wrongs than belonging to faiths other than what the terrorists would choose for them. They can count on no one and go nowhere," the statement said.

Meanwhile, another organisation - American United for Human Rights - announced to hold a mass rally of American Muslims in New York on Saturday to demand establishment of independent war crimes tribunal that meets the standards of international law.

United News of Bangladesh

cross posted:

Looks like Awami League is now trying to use Aljazeera for their propaganda. Shame on Aljazeera to accept an article from a knowm pro-Awami League and pro-India biased journalist Toufique Imrose Khalidi. Note following points in this propaganda piece:

- the cursory reference to the Shapla Chattar massacre by 10,000+ Awami goon forces on unarmed Hefajot protesters, killing hundreds if not thousands (full verified details are still not available)
- trying to paint them as "anti-women" and "anti-democratic", which they are not and is ironic, since Awami League govt. itself is a totalitarian and dictatorial regime just like Assad regime in Syria, which is actively killing anyone opposing their mis-rule
- trying to paint them as Islamist (believers of political Islam like Muslim Brotherhood), which they are not, as they are mostly collection of Madrasa students, teachers and graduates employed in Mosques and Madrasas
- trying to paint them as a proxy force for Jamaat-e-Islam, who are bona fide Islamists, but moderate ones (no known extremists among this political party has been found so far)

Behind the rise of Bangladesh's Hefazaat - Features - Al Jazeera English

Full article:

Behind the rise of Bangladesh's Hefazaat

Group that triggered deadly protests has surprised many with its rise to prominence.
Toufique Imrose Khalidi Last Modified: 06 May 2013 19:37

201356135527456734_20.jpg

Hefazaat-e-Islam activists demand an anti-blasphemy law punishing people who insult Islam [AP]
Dhaka, Bangladesh - Founded only a few years ago, Bangladesh's Hefazaat-e-Islam ["Protectorate of Islam"] has recently been thrust onto the centre-stage of national politics by an extraordinary set of circumstances.

Unlike other outfits that operate here in the capital, Dhaka, the Hefazaat group is headquartered in the port city of Chittagong, where hundreds of madrassahs draw tens of thousands of young Muslims for schooling.

Many of these madrassahs teach only Islam, using Arabic as the medium of instruction.

The Hefazaat's leaders and activists, who take strict views on religion, are almost wholly drawn from these schools.

Ahmad Shafi, the 93-year-old supreme leader of the Hefazaat, is also the chairman of the Bangladesh Qaumi Madrassah Education Board that oversees all such schools across the country.

Born in Rangunia in Chittagong district, Shafi was educated in two madrassahs before he went to Deoband in India for higher Islamic studies. He returned to teach at the Hat-hazari madrassah, where he had once studied, and later became its rector.

He describes the Hefazaat as not political, saying that its goals are "purely religious".

Shafi appears averse to public speeches.

He was present at a party rally in Dhaka on April 6 that drew nearly 200,000 people, but did not speak himself. Instead, his statement was read out by one of the younger leaders.

On May 5, he skipped another Hefazatarally in Dhaka completely.

List of demands

Shafi's goal is clear: he wants a Bangladesh run totally on Islamist precepts, and an end to the secularism that has long been one of the declared principles of the country.

The birth of Hefazaat was triggered by the 2009 Women Development Policy draft, which gave women equal rights by inheritance. In the face of fierce protests by groups such as Hifazat, the parliament later passed a watered-down draft just giving greater rights to women on acquired property.

Among the 13 demands put forth by the Hefazaat is a ban on the public mixing of the sexes.

Tensions in Bangladesh go beyond religion
"A ban on the public mixing of sexes and such other demands would put women back behind the veil," Kazi Shahrin Huq, a journalist working in Dhaka, says.

Many of her female colleagues were attacked during Hefazaat's April 6 rally.

Leading women's rights groups have condemned the Hefazaat as "anti-women" and plan to organise a rally on May 9.

Others, such as Dhaka University Vice Chancellor AASM Arefin Siddique, say the group is anti-democratic.

"Hefazaat-e-Islam campaigning against democratic forces in the name of religion is acceptable in no way," Siddique said.

"They're trying to impose their own opinion on others."

Hefazaat's resurgence in recent months is, at least in part, a backlash against a campaign launched by youth activists and bloggers who are demanding capital punishment for alleged war criminals involved in Bangladesh's 1971 war of independence against Pakistan. Tribunals set up to try alleged war criminals began in 2010 and are ongoing.

As part of the bloggers' campaign, tens of thousands of Bangladeshi men and women began congregating at Dhaka's Shahbagh Square , calling for a more secular society, and the death penalty for religious leaders and others allegedly involved in widespread killing and rape during the war.

Jamaat-e-Islami, Bangladesh's largest religious-political outfit, has been in a tight spot since the war crimes trials began.

One verdict handed down by the tribunal said the organisation itself, and not just its leaders, was party to the crimes against humanity committed during the 1971 war.

Jamaat vehicle?

Jamaat controls only two seats in Bangladesh's 300-member parliament. With a ban on the party a real possibility, some suspect Hefazaat's rise came about because Jamaat needed another outlet to do its bidding.

"The Jamaat was on the defensive, its leaders in docks for war crimes and for supporting Pakistan," says a spokesperson for the Shahbagh Square movement.

"A new Islamist force was needed and up came the Hefazaat."

Bangladesh police raid Hefazaat-e-Islam office
The Shahbagh activists have alleged that Hefazaat has been financed by Jamaat.

"They are out there to save the Jamaat-e-Islami, to thwart the war crimes trials, to push the same fundamentalist agenda," says the spokesperson.

Meanwhile, the country's information minister, Hasanul Haq Inu, describes Hefazaat as a "shadow" of Jamaat-e-Islami.

Last week, the left-wing minister, who was also a guerrilla leader during the war, was scathing in his description of Hefazaat: "It is a fundamentalist force, it is anti-democratic, it is anti-women. It is against everything Bangladesh stands for."

Shafi belongs to a band of Islamists that did not always toe the Jamaat line during Bangladesh's liberation war.

Many in the Deobandi school of thought backed a united India and rejected the partition that created Pakistan in 1947.

Their fraternity with Jamaat therefore baffles many historians.

But Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina Wajed and opposition leader Khaleda Zia both appear to be cosying up to Shafi and trying to cultivate the Hefazaat.

Bloggers targeted

Sheikh Hasina, who allowed a team of pro-Hefazaat officials to see her at her home before the group's April 6 rally, says her government has already met some of the group's 13 demands.

Police arrested four bloggers whom the Hefazaat described as "atheists", and there is now a home ministry committee that scans remarks considered to be anti-Islamic. Hasina, predictaly, has drawn a lot of flak from secular groups.

Zia and the 18-party alliance she heads supported the Hefazaat's Dhaka blockade on Sunday, which led to considerable violence in the capital and the town of Narayanganj.

Two policemen and a border guard were among the 14 people so far acknowledged as having died during the violence.

Shafi's son-in-law is head of Islami Okyo Jote (IOJ), which is part of the Zia's opposition alliance. Shafi himself uses the IOJ headquarters in Old Dhaka.

In his latest public speech, in the northern city of Bogra on April 29, Shafi sought to deliver a no-nonsense message: "Anyone wishing to retain or regain power must meet the 13 demands." And to Sheikh Hasina, he was even more specific: "You must leave the company of the atheists."

Toufique Imrose Khalidi is the editor-in-chief of Bdnews24.com .

Back
Top Bottom