What's new

International media conspiracy to defame Bangladesh as next Taliban country

I live in the west.....not really played up much here.....only real news was the building collapse. It is harder to manufacture opinion in the US than you think. Of course if the news is accompanied by real action....another story. PS...as far as global warming....of course it is real. My sister lives in Green Bay. 10,000 years ago it was under two miles of ice. Where did the ice go? It melted. What causes ice to melt? Warming. What I have issue with are people who think chaining yourself to a tree and hugging a bunny will stop it. What type of factories and SUV's did the Cro-Magnon have to melt the ice? Glacier are shrinking....not exactly news....been happening over 10,000 years. Climatologist have latched on to the obvious (earth warming, leaving an ice age....or at least an inter-glacial), to get funding, and now their science branch is "sexy"....and they get those sweet grant dollars that only used to go to physics etc. What scares me are idiots who think they can freeze the world into a snap-shot of today. The world has always changed, climate, species etc. adapt or die.

No body cares about Bangladesh unless Bangladeshis attack western targets.

Even when millions died 1971, the world did not care and I have not even seen a single decent documentary about the subject.

No body cares about Bangladesh unless Bangladeshis attack western targets.

Even when millions died 1971, the world did not care and I have not even seen a single decent documentary about the subject.
Not far from the truth. I was unaware that Bangladesh was once part of Pakistan for most of my life....and I am fairly well informed.

Not far from the truth. I was unaware that Bangladesh was once part of Pakistan for most of my life....and I am fairly well informed.

Pakistan was America's lap dog at that time. So the western media mostly turned a blind eye while Nixon backed up Pakistan militarily. After independence, Bangladesh remained neutral and non aggressive. So apart from the occasional news of flooding and cyclones, it was never in the media light.

We are bombarded with information and there is so much information that there is information over load, problem is what to believe and what not to believe. Most people believe what they want to believe. So being well informed is a very relative term.

I saw your earlier post, not sure how global warming is related to this thread.

I do not claim that Indian and pro-India Awami League (the current political party in power) propaganda is making much effect internationally, as Bangladesh with a tiny GDP is of little consequence to the world, but it matters for who can come to power in Bangladesh, among the competing political parties and it matters greatly for India as India wants to keep Bangladesh under its control using Awami League. That is the point of this thread, how pro-India media in Bangladesh and their infiltration in international media is creating a false image for Bangladesh, that suits Indian and Awami League agenda.

On 6th May, a massacre of 2500-3000 sleeping people at 3 AM in the morning, according to eye witness accounts, is now being claimed by Awami League govt. as a clash between "Islamists" and police where 5-40 people died. You can read more details about this incident here:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/249719-5th-may-9.html#post4248675

There is rumor that India was involved in planning this massacre with Awami League and also that Awami League convinced EU that these people are terrorists and got green signal from them before giving the go ahead for the massacre of these unarmed people.

If you read the whole thread you would know where global warming came in.

Dude this guy wants to destroy "hindu leaning statues" (whatever that is :lol:) in Bangladesh, he wants to start an armed rebellion against the Police and the govt in Bangladesh. Aren't those like the perfect Taliban attributes? So what's wrong with calling him one?

Its an old thread, I just went through the previous pages and yes global warming did come up in the discussion. I see your point.

Dude this guy wants to destroy "hindu leaning statues" (whatever that is :lol:) in Bangladesh, he wants to start an armed rebellion against the Police and the govt in Bangladesh. Aren't those like the perfect Taliban attributes? So what's wrong with calling him one?

I expected better from you. I thought you guys in the North East states are different than mainland Indians.

The post you are referring to was deleted by Loki. What I meant was that we got a whole bunch of statues created by Awami League and these do not reflect our history, rather they match with Indian and Awami League agenda of pulling Bangladesh more towards Hindu culture. These were built after 1971 and they are not any kind of old historical structures.

As a democracy Bangladeshi people have the right to demolish any statues that are not historical or religious structures and build new statues that depict more of the history of Islamic rule. It is entirely up to Bangladeshi people what they decide on this issue. I expressed my personal opinion about what I would personally prefer. I would like to see authentic looking statues of horse riding Turkic steppe nomads like Bakhtyar Khilji, Shah Jalal and Khan Jahan Ali, in different prominent places in Bangladesh, so people would be curious about the history of their own country and people, specially how Islam spread in this region.

Hope now you will desist from trying to prove that I am a Taliban, twisting my words every which way possible. Can't you guys see that it is childish? And why are you complaining to Juice that I am Taliban, so he can report to FBI?

I expected better from you. I thought you guys in the North East states are different than mainland Indians.

Well I am glad that you finally realized that your notion of NE Indians was not accurate.

Anyways I am surprised and might I say disappointed with you too man. It's ok to have difference in opinion, difference in political ideology, but a few moths ago I would have never expected such radical thoughts and also naivete from you. It's very surprising to me that you don't even realize the long term consequences of having an armed insurgency in your country, with fundamentalists running around with guns. About reporting to FBI, I am sure that the NSA guys at Fort Meade get everything checked. They will have you on the list if required, they don't need my input.

OK it's 1:15 am now and I have posted more today than I generally do in a month. Good night.

Why destroy art? What's next....book-burnings?

Why destroy art? What's next....book-burnings?
Sorry man.don't take side or comment base on a person who's knowledge about Islam is zero.no body destroying art in BD.and I live in Dhaka I have yet to come across a Islamic minded person with gov grant to live on with fire arms.that's the basis of this thread,your not knowing about us is understandable, but the guy who was giving you false information about my country is not my countrymen and they are established anti BD in SE Asia.
(Its more like learning about USA from a Mexican who never went to USA)

International media conspiracy to defame Bangladesh as next Taliban country

The very headline of this thread is objectionable ...

The whole world is tainted and biased.

Blast the GloBe.

What on earth has "Global Warming" got to do with the subject of this thread? Unless it is just because of the 'hot-air' that is being emanated here.

Back
Top Bottom