What's new

Interesting ideas to minimize poverty

Feeding people who cant feed themselves is a bad idea from the get go. Cant keep sweeping dirt under the rug.

Another thing one can do for the poor is give charity...I know a number of British Pakistani who have a fund to aid education for those who cant afford it..each person puts in 1 mth or 1 yr's worth of tuition fee for a poor kid or under privileged child...My cousin also told me a friend of his has a similar family run school...

@Talon
sala bolna gandi baat nahi hai :ashamed: ......nyway i'm paying for primary education of 2 children in my neighborhood.....not mch but i think they will atleast have some scope for there future....

aisa nhi hai.. hota hai.. south india ka 2011 ka census check karo.. the had reached on 2.1 and even few states are going down then it... this way takes time but the result are good and long
going down cause most literate ppl have 2 child.........
wht i'm saying is govt. isnt doing enough to control population....the present policies arent effective....some even take advantage of it.....

Feeding people who cant feed themselves is a bad idea from the get go. Cant keep sweeping dirt under the rug.
That is not our business if they become addicted to easy life...

What they do in the west is they will give you a certain "income" but it will decrease with time and as time passes they will introduce you to jobs around your profession...but this is government welfare...Since our country chews on what belongs to the poor cant rely on this system...

I am not saying feed them for life but until they get a job or manage to help their families...

I am not sure why everyone thinks every poor is evil because of this attitude many dont even give charity ...shaki damagh is not the way to go!

ok another idea is about using rivers.. we have a lot of rivers and ponds in Indian subcontinent... which can be used for fish production on small level and also for production of some water plants.... which have demands in auyurvadic(herbal) medicines and others which can be used as medicine.. now with these fishes and vegetables ( every one will have them in small quantity) we can generate wealth:-
there is 2 ways... either pool all of raw material and then try to sell it in market on good price or open up small food stalls and ell the end products from them.

people who wanted to help poor can help them with securing a license to create a fish pond in river, with fish eggs and also with required training and information for this.

this is just one idea.. will not suit all but will benefit a lot of people.

@Talon
sala bolna gandi baat nahi hai :ashamed: ......nyway i'm paying for primary education of 2 children in my neighborhood.....not mch but i think they will atleast have some scope for there future....
My dad is paying B.Eng for 1 of our relatives and my mom paid for another's MA English....so I guess it is in my family that we help people at people level....If I list all the things my dad does many of you will think I am trolling or just lying....but yea Alhamdulillah we try to do as much as possible...still its not enough for the millions who are needy....

@Talon

going down cause most literate ppl have 2 child.........
wht i'm saying is govt. isnt doing enough to control population....the present policies arent effective....some even take advantage of it.....
there are always people who take advantage.. when we calculate a project or its success we wight those who got benefited and those who cheated and if benefited are more.. then its a success... and same is with population control... this decade was first when we had seen a reduced growth... coming years will have better results.

ok another idea is about using rivers.. we have a lot of rivers and ponds in Indian subcontinent... which can be used for fish production on small level and also for production of some water plants.... which have demands in auyurvadic(herbal) medicines and others which can be used as medicine.. now with these fishes and vegetables ( every one will have them in small quantity) we can generate wealth:-
there is 2 ways... either pool all of raw material and then try to sell it in market on good price or open up small food stalls and ell the end products from them.

people who wanted to help poor can help them with securing a license to create a fish pond in river, with fish eggs and also with required training and information for this.

this is just one idea.. will not suit all but will benefit a lot of people.
That is a good idea...

My aunt had suggested another idea which actually dragged my thinking in this direction...she is excellent with stitching and embroidery works she wanted to teach the poor ladies who have the tools so they can open small scale tailor business at home

was watching a south Indian movie once and there was a movie scene
i m narrating here.....might help you with ideas.....

the hero of the movie was travelling in a train with the heroine.the train stopped in junction.a beggar came and begged stating that he was hungry.the hero didnt gave him any bucks.rather he gave him 500 rupees and asked him to buy 25 magazines(a popular brand) costing 20 rupees each.the beggar bought it.then he asked him to sale those magazines at rupees 27 each.it took 2 hours(the train was delayed) for the man to sale all those copies and that too with a profit of 50 rupees.some person asked him the reason of selling those magazines at a increased price to which he replied that he bought those magazines at 20 rupees each and he was selling them at 2 rupees profit.the hero then asked him to work hard by doing something and gave him that 550 rupees........

now the beggar who was hungry had money as well as job in hand that was gud enuff to fetch him enuff food.
for beggars this aint a bad idea.india and pakistan are huge countries.a man who is begging can survive by selling samosas or any thing else.......this aint a big thing but for beggars this idea aint that bad

hope this wasnt boring

giving free food isnt a good step.....here in India many state govt provide subsidized food.....say 1 kg rice at the cost of 1 rupees per kg......but it is not helping and rather increasing corruption.......

in order to improve poverty one needs to provide jobs in small sectors and big sectors

there are always people who take advantage.. when we calculate a project or its success we wight those who got benefited and those who cheated and if benefited are more.. then its a success... and same is with population control... this decade was first when we had seen a reduced growth... coming years will have better results.
Spoken like a businessman...with this attitude you will never do anything for the poor because corruption happens at every level and yes I have to admit we will loose more than gain because that is how life is...for me this mindset is disgusting...

If you have started giving then why calculate? Giving is what it is giving not calculating...

Yes true unfortunately its not voluntary...they "steal" from whatever comes into the country and rob the people with the word tax while themselves pay nothing...so those creatures are at a different level!
People vote them for their better future but these politicians are doing what is better for them self.
Here I will say that people have choosed them. Whatever they are doing is good for country. People should suffer for their false voting. India, Pakistan and Afghanistan has a lot more natural resources than European nations and US. But still our economy is falling. It is because of these so called leaders. :hitwall:

giving free food isnt a good step.....here in India many state govt provide subsidized food.....say 1 kg rice at the cost of 1 rupees per kg......but it is not helping and rather increasing corruption.......

in order to improve poverty one needs to provide jobs in small sectors and big sectors
Well food is costly in Pakistan hence I found the article interesting...the Indian movie idea was good!

are dost.......tum samjhe nahi......accha batao kon se project ke baare me baat kar rahe ho?

People vote them for their better future but these politicians are doing what is better for them self.
Here I will say that people have choosed them. Whatever they are doing is good for country. People should suffer for their false voting. India, Pakistan and Afghanistan has a lot more natural resources than European nations and US. But still our economy is falling. It is because of these so called leaders. :hitwall:
true...hence my thread is not including the corrupt! :)

are dost.......tum samjhe nahi......accha batao kon se project ke baare me baat kar rahe ho?
take example of ASHA project or Aganwadi project... they had helped people.. but due to our disgusting reporting system its hard to know the real time data and all data at any time

Back
Top Bottom