What's new

Interesting ideas to minimize poverty

how will that help the less fortunate? how can a random man be involved utilize this to help the less fortunate?

Trick to solve the following world problems.

* Extreme hunger
* Extreme poverty
* Extreme illiteracy
* Hyper population

Lies in access to 'water'. We have infinate amount of water in the seas but its salty. It can be desalinated and made useable but thats expensive, its expensive because its energy intensive and energy is super expensive.

Imagine if lets say we have Thorium based energy as good as we project it to be, it will be so cheap that would be free of cost. Access to free clean, energy means that we can pump out the sea water into massive desalination plants which are powered by Thorium or Fusion reactors.

Water will be cleaned and piped to farmers in lands that cant be farmed right now. Through drip irrigation system, the agriculture will thrive in world's poorest countries.

When they can grow food, they'll get rid of extreme poverty, hunger, illiteracy and hyperpopulation, one by one.

Instead of giving them money, give them the technology to use infinate amount of sea water. They'll become sustainable.

Imagine such a system in Somalia...or Sudan... What would it do?

It will also solve our rising water level issues because 9 billion people will be using that water.

A country is already using nuclear technology to desalinate water...its called Pakistan.

Free energy will prove to be the next wheel for humanity.

Trick to solve the following world problems.

* Extreme hunger
* Extreme poverty
* Extreme illiteracy
* Hyper population

Lies in access to 'water'. We have infinate amount of water in the seas but its salty. It can be desalinated and made useable but thats expensive, its expensive because its energy intensive and energy is super expensive.

Imagine if lets say we have Thorium based energy as good as we project it to be, it will be so cheap that would be free of cost. Access to free clean, energy means that we can pump out the sea water into massive desalination plants which are powered by Thorium or Fusion reactors.

Water will be cleaned and piped to farmers in lands that cant be farmed right now. Through drip irrigation system, the agriculture will thrive in world's poorest countries.

When they can grow food, they'll get rid of extreme poverty, hunger, illiteracy and hyperpopulation, one by one.

Instead of giving them money, give them the technology to use infinate amount of sea water. They'll become sustainable.

Imagine such a system in Somalia...or Sudan... What would it do?

It will also solve our rising water level issues because 9 billion people will be using that water.

A country is already using nuclear technology to desalinate water...its called Pakistan.

Free energy will prove to be the next wheel for humanity.
Ok but how can an everyday man chim into this? My 1st post stated this thread is for ideas which can be implemented by any man?

Ok but how can an everyday man chim into this? My 1st post stated this thread is for ideas which can be implemented by any man?

Spread the idea of 'free energy'.

Btw, here is an idea related to your area.

What if micro embedded processors can be attached to the plants, crops and trees to control, alter and accelerate their growth?

What if we can attach an embedded computer to a tree, to make it grow faster. Now multiply that and see how long would it take us to bring back the Amazons on our roadsides ?

If you are born poor it's not your mistake but if you die poor it’s definitely your mistake...Stop sympathizing with Poor..let’s push govmt/system to put in place basic education and health care for all at no cost. Leave rest on individuals... there are millions of people who have born in extreme poverty but they didn’t make it happen to their children!

Poverty cannot be eliminated by charity, just an example, a beggar can live for the day if he gets some Rs.100 bucks per day, but if you give him Rs. 10000, he won’t stop begging for even 1 day…donor may become a beggar one day but beggar will never become a donor!

@slapshot
wht wud a 18 yr old boy do.......if no mom dad supervision.......wo toh hero ban jaega..... :p

@slapshot
wht wud a 18 yr old boy do.......if no mom dad supervision.......wo toh hero ban jaega..... :p

18 year is not too young. If people around that have opportunity to work and make decisions it will turn them into very confident persons. I am not asking to abandon the children in late teen! Its just people shouldn't treat them like kids and make them or let them do some work. You may already have some examples like some one from Armed forces. They normally recruit around 18 years of age.

How to reduce poverty hmmmm. It is done through industrialisation. A recent example CHINA watch learn and implement!!

Spread the idea of 'free energy'.

Btw, here is an idea related to your area.

What if micro embedded processors can be attached to the plants, crops and trees to control, alter and accelerate their growth?

What if we can attach an embedded computer to a tree, to make it grow faster. Now multiply that and see how long would it take us to bring back the Amazons on our roadsides ?
Err ask a guy who knows physics coz we can already alter the genes to make them grow faster not sure what computers are going to do unless you mean sending "fake" growth signals....not sure if that will be healthy...

Many countries use gas to ripen their fruit but sadly they lost the taste which occurs through natural process...so not sure what side effect would that idea bring...

If you are born poor it's not your mistake but if you die poor it’s definitely your mistake...Stop sympathizing with Poor..let’s push govmt/system to put in place basic education and health care for all at no cost. Leave rest on individuals... there are millions of people who have born in extreme poverty but they didn’t make it happen to their children!
You got the wrong thread! I asked for what a normal man can do to help instead of siting on his bottom and waiting for the govt to do a miracle!

Poverty cannot be eliminated by charity
, just an example, a beggar can live for the day if he gets some Rs.100 bucks per day, but if you give him Rs. 10000, he won’t stop begging for even 1 day…donor may become a beggar one day but beggar will never become a donor!
I dont understand this desi thinking of not wanting to be involved with anything! :unsure: and then the useless criticism ....why dont you guys have a can do attitude?

If you charity is not the way, then what is? My thread suggests people to scratch ideas from their brain...

18 year is not too young. If people around that have opportunity to work and make decisions it will turn them into very confident persons. I am not asking to abandon the children in late teen! Its just people shouldn't treat them like kids and make them or let them do some work. You may already have some examples like some one from Armed forces. They normally recruit around 18 years of age.
I totally agree 18 yrs old is too big to be a kid! Heck if you called an 18 yr old a kid in the West, either he will be insulted or his friends will laugh at him..if a boy wont understand things at 18 then that really is sad...

In the West at 18 you are literally kicked out of the house and learn to earn on your own and manage something....while despite having a roof on their heads 18 yr olds in East dont even know the value of money

Last edited:
Err ask a guy who knows physics coz we can already alter the genes to make them grow faster not sure what computers are going to do unless you mean sending "fake" growth signals....not sure if that will be healthy...

Many countries use gas to ripen their fruit but sadly they lost the taste which occurs through natural process...so not sure what side effect would that idea bring...

You got the wrong thread! I asked for what a normal man can do to help instead of siting on his bottom and waiting for the govt to do a miracle!

I dont understand this desi thinking of not wanting to be involved with anything! :unsure: and then the useless criticism ....why dont you guys have a can do attitude?

If you charity is not the way, then what is? My thread suggests people to scratch ideas from their brain...
seems you ve started this thread only with emotions and without brain....what does cause a poverty? can u answer this a very basic question ? fade up of workaround, be point blank and talk abt root cause!!!

seems you ve started this thread only with emotions and without brain....what does cause a poverty? can u answer this a very basic question ? fade up of workaround, be point blank and talk abt root cause!!!
If you dont like a topic you are not obliged to have a say....hence why the personal attacking?

The thread was started to make you use your brain to brainstrom not to insult others or their intentions....How can you know what my intentions were...If you are "fed up" how is it my problem?

As for root cause and what not many threads have been opened on those...go help yourself!

Cant understand what allergy some people have with being asked to brainstorm or even better presenting an idea that is not the norm :tsk:

If you dont like a topic you are not obliged to have a say....hence why the personal attacking?

The thread was started to make you use your brain to brainstrom not to insult others or their intentions....How can you know what my intentions were...If you are "fed up" how is it my problem?

As for root cause and what not many threads have been opened on those...go help yourself!

Cant understand what allergy some people have with being asked to brainstorm or even better presenting an idea that is not the norm :tsk:

dont talk like boardroom presentation..u r talking about poverty...do u know what it is? I asked u a very basic question...what cause the poverty...seems u dont ve answer to it! Will talk about the solution only when we know the problem...dont just jump into the solution..it is called as BAD Design Approach in my field!

bottom line......decrease population....
over population is a big problem
Here in pakistan and generaly it has many causes and we will have to look into the phycological component aswell
More Hands to Overcome Poverty: However, when talking about overpopulation we should understand that there is a psychological component as well. in the past a very small part of the population had enough money to live in comfort. The rest faced poverty and would give birth to large families to make up for the high infant mortality rate.
Lack of Family Planning: In subcontinent large number of people are illiterate, live below the poverty line and have little or no knowledge about family planning, lack of awareness , distorted religious belief ;) (funny story) and even lack of recreational activities cause over population

dont talk like boardroom presentation..u r talking about poverty...do u know what it is? I asked u a very basic question...what cause the poverty...seems u dont ve answer to it! Will talk about the solution only when we know the problem...dont just jump into the solution..it is called as BAD Design Approach in my field!
Good to know your field sadly it isnt part of social work....

Secondly, threads discussing issues of poverty have been opened numerous times and they all end up as the LoC....so to avoid it I jumped to solutions....

The thread was for brainstorming if you have nothing to contribute, get off this is not a fast food restaurant that you enter and then hope people cater to your needs!

A lot of things cause poverty and that is a whole thread on its own...You are welcome to open one stop trashing mine!

Thank you!

Good to know your field sadly it isnt part of social work....

Secondly, threads discussing issues of poverty have been opened numerous times and they all end up as the LoC....so to avoid it I jumped to solutions....

The thread was for brainstorming if you have nothing to contribute, get off this is not a fast food restaurant that you enter and then hope people cater to your needs!

A lot of things cause poverty and that is a whole thread on its own...You are welcome to open one stop trashing mine!

Thank you!
dude...do u know what is brainstorming at fist place? seems u dont have anything to contribute than just quoting others ...u first need to know what is brainstorming and secondly why there is a poverty...dont expect ppl will spend time on ur thread without u being contributing anything or addressing the fellow forumers concerns...!

Back
Top Bottom