What's new

Intercontinental SLBM for India

Nice Thread.
------------

We dont have any enemies in the west ,a 6000 km max limit is enough for Indian needs!

For present agree! Two Decades ago situation was totally opposite,Two decades from now, who knows ?

So in my point of view we should go for +10,000 range Missiles (True ICBM).

guys no worries. once india fires the agni 5 and 6 and enters the ICBM ranges. the slbm will come by itself. i hope we never have to use them on our enemies.

for those who don't logic going for the 10,000/12,000 KM should always remember. In one hand India aspire to become world power on other hand limit their rang..
India should start thinking beyond China or it will always be treated as regional power.

for those who don't logic going for the 10,000/12,000 KM should always remember. In one hand India aspire to become world power on other hand limit their rang..
India should start thinking beyond China or it will always be treated as regional power.

Super power needs more friends than enemies .... 10k missile will only antagonize the west ... more over is it necessary for just show off ,when there is no need for it in the first place ???

damn one more missile .human is trying its best to make weapons for wipe out humanity all of nuclear powers have some mercy on planet earth :help:

damn one more missile .human is trying its best to make weapons for wipe out humanity all of nuclear powers have some mercy on planet earth :help:

Nuclear weapons=less chances the country will be bulldozed by a bully country
Only conventional weapons=Same fate as Iraq, Libya,Iran,Afghanistan etc.

Well,what's the use of a 8000 km range SLBM or a Land based ICBM when they have 0 tactical use in a high intensity war??Instead,India should use its resources to build a massive arsenal of heavy MBTs,ICVs,medium to long range SAMs,ATGMs,gunships,NLOS BSMs etc which have got REAL tactical value.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Well,what's the use of a 8000 km range SLBM or a Land based ICBM when they have 0 tactical use in a high intensity war??Instead,India should use its resources to build a massive arsenal of heavy MBTs,ICVs,medium to long range SAMs,ATGMs,gunships,NLOS BSMs etc which have got REAL tactical value..

i hope one day morning i wakeup and read all of missiles bombs nukes jets taken by aliens and world is now without arms just use kitchen knifes for wars :lol:

Dont worry. that what the aleins are planning..

Yes, the K-15 is not adequate at all. The range is too short. The K-4 is under development. It has been successfully test fired. I don't know the latest status of the K-4. To my mind, the K-4 with a range of 3500 KNs is absolutely adequate. If launched from the vicinity of the Malacca Strait, the K-4 is well within range of China's industrial hub of Shanghai, Zhejiang, Jaingsu/Nanjing, Hangzhou etc. If launched from the Bay of Bengal, the K-4 can comfortably reach Beijing. This is OK, I think. We do not need anything more than this for a credible deterrence against China which is an existential threat.

Since we are working on a 6000 KM Agni -V, it makes sense to adapt this missile for submarine use at a later stage, say by 2015. Or else deploy the Agni-6 SLBM which is under development. Our SSBNs can carry a mix of K-4 and Agni-6 till the K-4s are all replaced by Agni-6 with MIRVs till, say 2022/2025. Five SSBNs of Arihant/Aridhaman class fielded by 2025 will give us the desired deterrece value we seek. Of these five, at any time, three will be available for deterrence patrol. Likely deployment areas of these boomers would be the Indian Ocean and the Western Pacific.

I do not see any logic for going for the 10,000/12,000 KM class of SLBMs.

h4 i agree. 4 it seems AGNI 6 wil hv range of 6000 to 6500 km ,2 M diam , length 0f 14 M and payload 0f 2.4 tons 5mzy6n?gfaa km6m m m

it seems land version of Agni 6 will replace Agni 3. mo

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom