What's new

Interceptor missile test on February 10

agreed n sorry for not mentioning it....

Indian National Security Advisor Shri Shivshankar Menon signaled a significant shift from "no first use" to "no first use against non-nuclear weapon states" in a speech on the occasion of Golden Jubilee celebrations of the National Defence College in New Delhi on October 21, 2010, a doctrine Menon said reflected India's "strategic culture, with its emphasis on minimal deterrence."

nw what does this mean we can first use it againts china and pak....be cuase they are nuclear weapon states

All the best to DRDO

Why we are testing with Prithvi (No doubt that its one of the best missile in the world)...... and why not Agni I....

we should test with Multiple missile to check the accuracy of AAD..... We should bring in some friendly countries missile and test them or bring some old Scuds from Russia and test it.

nw what does this mean we can first use it againts china and pak....be cuase they are nuclear weapon states
to be frank i have no idea about the meaning of NSA's Speech, becoz it is the head of state that will decide the use of nuclear weapons .i.e, president of india and our constitution still follows the policy of no 1st use but NSA said something that may be his point of view or could be our shift in stance against 1st use of nuclear weapons which i dont believe

All the best DRDO. Good to hear it is near operational configuration.

Intercepting missile in final phase when missile re-enters in atmosphere is very difficult, and this test in which interception will be done at 15 km , if successful (touch wood) will be a great achievement.
Work of DRDO in ABM has already attracted US which now wants to work with us....may be its a diplomatic move but it also shows our missile defense capabilities.

dude, this is not the first test of AAD. It intercepted ballistic missiles at ~15 km altitude many times earlier.

we have a 60 km range nuclear missile (NASR), who is going to intersept that, when it comes and attacks your army from the border?

How many do you want? The MRSAM under development by DRDO and Iron Dome/David's Sling that India going to buy from Israel specially developed to intercept such tactical missiles and cruise missiles.

5-714028.JPG

What are these AD-1, AD-2 missiles? When are they going to be tested??

AD-1 and AD-2 are phse-2 of India's BMD development. These are next generation of technologies. One of these missile will have capability to intercept ballistic missiles at altitude more than 250 km.

to be frank i have no idea about the meaning of NSA's Speech, becoz it is the head of state that will decide the use of nuclear weapons .i.e, president of india and our constitution still follows the policy of no 1st use but NSA said something that may be his point of view or could be our shift in stance against 1st use of nuclear weapons which i dont believe

It is the Government that decides the Nuclear Doctrine of India, which can be articulated by the NSA on behalf of the Govt.
The President of India and the Indian Constitution has nothing to with it whatsoever. :)

AD-1 and AD-2 are phse-2 of India's BMD development. These are next generation of technologies. One of these missile will have capability to intercept ballistic missiles at altitude more than 250 km.

When these missiles going to be tested? DRDO is the best. :)

All the best DRDO. Good to hear it is near operational configuration.

dude, this is not the first test of AAD. It intercepted ballistic missiles at ~15 km altitude many times earlier.

How many do you want? The MRSAM under development by DRDO and Iron Dome/David's Sling that India going to buy from Israel specially developed to intercept such tactical missiles and cruise missiles.

I know they have already conducted both endo-atmosphere and exo-atmosphere tests (couple of times)....i was just telling him how difficult it is....and there are many refinements have to be done to make it finally operational and installed.

Can you shed some light on Iron Dome/David's Sling...when will it is supposed to be bought and installed....

It is the Government that decides the Nuclear Doctrine of India, which can be articulated by the NSA on behalf of the Govt.
The President of India and the Indian Constitution has nothing to with it whatsoever. :)
U r partly correct Government decides the nuclear Doctrine of India but cannot use nuclear weapons without President's approval as he is the supreme commander of all the forces n its assets including the nukes

All the best to DRDO

Why we are testing with Prithvi (No doubt that its one of the best missile in the world)...... and why not Agni I....

we should test with Multiple missile to check the accuracy of AAD..... We should bring in some friendly countries missile and test them or bring some old Scuds from Russia and test it.

the missile being used is a modified Prithvi missile designed to replicate a enemy target missile AAD and PAD both had successful interceptions against 1500km target missiles that utilized 1 stage liquid and 1 stage solid fuel.

Back
Top Bottom