What's new

Insurgent & Secessionist movements in India

good good GOOD! best of luck :tup:

and where did i say they control 1/3 of india? Re-read my post. I said they have presence there in 1/3 of india. They seem to have expanded their turf.

from an indian source (for your comfort ;)):

The Naxalites may pose a graver threat to India's economic power, potentially more damaging to Indian companies, foreign investors and the state than pollution, crumbling infrastructure
or political gridlock, the report said. ‘‘The growing Maoist insurgency over large swathes of the mineral-rich countryside could soon hurt some industrial investment plans. Just when India needs to ramp up its industrial machine to lock in growth and when foreign companies are joining the party -- Naxalites are clashing with mining and steel companies essential to India's long-term success,'' the report said.

There was growing concern over the widening reach of Naxalites as they operated in 30% of India, up from 9% in 2002, the report said. The terror groups have already begun operating on the edge of industrialised Maharashtra. ‘‘They (Naxalites) are planning to penetrate India's major cities, and are looking to encircle urban centres, find sympathy among students
and the unemployed and create armed, secret, self-defence squads that will execute orders,'' it added.

'Naxals threat to India's eco power' - India Business - Biz - The Times of India

Last edited:
good good GOOD! best of luck :tup:

and where did i say they control 1/3 of india? Re-read my post. I said they have presence there in 1/3 of india. They seem to have expanded their turf.

from an indian source (for your comfort ;)):

'Naxals threat to India's eco power' - India Business - Biz - The Times of India

Sorry my bad..i missread your post...BTW dont take the FICCI report seriouly..they were the one last time published report suggesting Indian government for economic destabilisation of Pakistan by choking water supplys..they tend to publish these kind of non sense articles every year..as far as i know Maoists dont have the capability to start attack on cities ..They dont have any support other than in tribal areas and economically backward areas..If you read some news posted here in PDF you can see ..their top most leader is missing..most of the leader were either killed or arrested,...there is a rift in the organisation and they are on run...

73 security men killed by Naxals in India
Updated at: 1417 PST, Tuesday, April 06, 2010
NEW DELHI: In the worst Maoist attack, at least 73 CRPF and district force personnel were today killed when a large group of Naxals ambushed them in the thick Mukrana forests of India’s Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district.

The dead included 73 CRPF men including a deputy and an assistant commandant, and a head constable of the district police force.

73 bodies of the personnel, who were part of a 80-member CRPF and a district police team, have been recovered from the site of the attack suspected to have been carried out by about 1000 Naxals, police spokesman and Inspector General R K Vij said.

Eight of the injured CRPF men have been evacuated for treatment from the forest area, he said.

Official sources said the attack took place when the CRPF unit belonging to the 68 Battalion entered the forest for an operation between six and seven am and were ambushed by the Maoists.

Helicopters have been pressed into service to evacuate the injured and bring back the bodies, Chhattisgarh Director General of Police Viswa Ranjan said.

Dense jungles are hampering relief operations.

73 security men killed by Naxals in India - GEO.tv

Scores of Indian soldiers killed in Maoist ambushes

The government has launched a major offensive against the rebels
Maoist rebels have killed at least 72 Indian soldiers in a series of attacks on security convoys in the central state of Chhattisgarh, officials say.
Troops were on patrol in dense jungle in a remote part of Dantewada district when rebels opened fire on them and set off explosives, police say.
Rescue teams were also ambushed. Police say fighting is continuing.
It is the biggest loss of life security forces have suffered since launching a recent offensive against the rebels.
Nearly 50,000 federal paramilitary troops and tens of thousands of policemen are taking part in the operation in several states.
Thousands of people have died during the rebels' 20-year fight for communist rule in large swathes of rural India, known as the "red corridor".
'Trap'
Details of the attacks in Dantewada district remain sketchy.

ANALYSIS

By Soutik Biswas
BBC News, Delhi

The attack on troops in Chhattisgarh is the deadliest since they began their latest anti-Maoist operation.
Although details are still sketchy, it is clear it will not be easy for the security forces to defeat the rebels in their strongholds - vast swathes of remote mineral-rich jungles home to tribespeople who form the main support base for the rebels.
Questions have been asked about levels of intelligence and whether security forces are trained to operate in such hostile terrain.
The attack is also a blow to the government - it comes days after Home Minister P Chidambaram described the rebels as "cowards enacting dramas". With the prospect of dialogue unlikely, it appears the government is in for a long and difficult war.
Biswas: A doomed revolution?
Police say the rebels initially attacked a convoy of the paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in the Talmetla area.
However, India's Home Minister P Chidambaram said it appeared that the forces had "walked" into a rebel ambush.
"Something has gone very wrong. They seem to have walked into a trap set by the [Maoists] and casualties are quite high," he said.
RK Vij, a spokesman for the CRPF, told the BBC that 67 bodies of security personnel had been recovered from the site of the fighting.
"The injured troops have been evacuated by helicopter. More reinforcements have been sent," Mr Vij said.
The rebels also attacked troops sent to rescue their colleagues, police said.
"Fighting is still carrying on in the area, and we're having great difficulty getting news from there," police official Ashok Dwivedi told the Reuters news agency from Chhattisgarh state capital, Raipur.
The BBC's Sanjoy Majumder in Delhi says Chhattisgarh is a major stronghold of the Maoists who control large swathes of territory in central and eastern India.
Talks call

The latest attacks come two days after rebels killed at least 10 policemen and injured 10 more in a landmine attack on a police bus in the eastern state of Orissa.
The rebels say they will step up attacks unless the government halts its offensive against them.
Mr Chidambaram has said troops will intensify the offensive if the rebels do not renounce violence and enter peace talks.
The Maoists want four senior leaders freed from jail and the offensive halted before any talks.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has described the Maoist insurgency as India's "greatest internal security challenge".
The Maoists say they are fighting for the rights of the rural poor who they say have been neglected by governments for decades.

BBCNEWS

I think india has its own version of taliban now....i really think they can learn a lot from the pakistan army on how to fight back and cut back on the sad loss of life on their side...

Sorry my bad..i missread your post...BTW dont take the FICCI report seriouly..they were the one last time published report suggesting Indian government for economic destabilisation of Pakistan by choking water supplys..they tend to publish these kind of non sense articles every year..as far as i know Maoists dont have the capability to start attack on cities ..They dont have any support other than in tribal areas and economically backward areas..If you read some news posted here in PDF you can see ..their top most leader is missing..most of the leader were either killed or arrested,...there is a rift in the organisation and they are on run...

my friend seiko...i think the latest events counter your claims...

I think india has its own version of taliban now....i really think they can learn a lot from the pakistan army on how to fight back and cut back on the sad loss of life on their side...

agreed....

seems they are even attacking/blowing up schools. So much for fighting for a communist state -- i didnt know commies were against schools

Fact is that many Bharti top leaders and politicians support the maoist. The situation is eerily similar to Pakistan's problems.

funny how there is no feed back or ideas from the indians upon the issue when they are heavily active in other parts of these forums...im sure we can have a good constructive discussion here

agreed....

seems they are even attacking/blowing up schools. So much for fighting for a communist state -- i didnt know commies were against schools

they do attack govt personals and govt buildings..... however they are not indulge in killing/destroying other non govt persons and non govt buildings..

Back
Top Bottom