What's new

Insurgent & Secessionist movements in India

Scores so far

Posts on this thread

Abu Zolfiqar leading with 152 posts
Bilal trailing by 75 posts.

Will Bilal ever overtake abu in this thread..

Stay tuned.

kamal hai....

your naxal, assamese and bodo dodos are keeping things busy here.......

but on a serious note, i wish RIP to the victims of their violence

kamal hai....

your naxal, assamese and bodo dodos are keeping things busy here.......

but on a serious note, i wish RIP to the victims of their violence

yup its a serious issue here and not much of the people would like to address the issue as far as i have seen here.

But it is mainly confined to the pockets in few states and the issue has gained some momentum with government finally stepping up on the proposal of using armed forces like IAF to be used against the militants.

It started off as a noble cause but has transformed into sort of social terrorism.

The issue can be blamed on the respective governments who didnt give much attention to people's issues in the name of mining deals and providing livelihood to the misplaced and taking care of them.

Hope the issue will die of soon.

well i think many want violence in all its forms and manifests to be eradicated in the general region

Besides the Maoist insurgency, there are big problems in the 7 sister states with secessionist groups too.

Centre-ULFA peace process will fail: Baruah

Guwahati: The anti-talk faction of the ULFA on Monday claimed the recent peace initiative launched by the Centre with arrested leaders of the group would prove to be a failure and any initiative should revolve around the demand for sovereignty.

"The recent initiative will not be successful as the arrested leaders do not have the right to raise the demand of sovereignty," elusive ULFA 'commander-in-chief' Paresh Baruah said in an e-mail.

"No one can weaken the ULFA and any initiative (for talks) should revolve around the demand for sovereignty," he said.

Unless the problems of the "indigenous people" of the North East were solved, permanent peace could not be achieved.

"The long drawn political conflict with the Centre will continue until and unless the problems of the people are not addressed," Baruah, who has rejected the peace initiative, said.

Centre-ULFA peace process will fail: Baruah - India News - IBNLive

Maoists kidnap 15 in Bihar:

Maoists have kidnapped around 15 labourers and employees of a private construction company near Balthar Ghat in Jamui district of Bihar, police said on Tuesday.

Over 50 ultras on late Monday night stormed into the office of a private firm engaged in construction of a bridge over Bharnar River before taking away at gun point, employees and labourers of the firm to a forest bordering Giridih district in Jharkhand, Superintendent of Police R.N. Singh said.

An intensive combing operation has been launched in the forest to rescue the kidnapped persons, he said.

The Hindu : News / National : Maoists kidnap 15 in Bihar

Explosives recovered in Hazaribagh, Jharkhand:

More than thousand detonators and ten bags of ammonium nitrate were seized during raids in Maoist-affected Hazaribagh district, the police said on Tuesday.

The explosives were recovered during raids at areas near NH-33 last night, Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj told PTI here.

Three persons were arrested in this connection, he said.

Mr. Kamboj, however, refused to divulge the names of the arrested persons as raids were still continuing on the borders of Hazaribagh and Ramgarh districts.

The Hindu : News / National : Explosives recovered in Hazaribagh

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

that bilalbhai is an incredible shame. please keep us abreast of indian problems. Can we help them in any way? I mean the indian govt not the terrorists

I don't know about that, my mom's siblings live in Gurgaon now. My grandmother used to live in Bihar, but she passed away as well.

Chinese made hand grenade found in Manipur:

IMPHAL, Oct 31: A Chinese made hand grenade was found lying at the residential gate of family welfare minister N Loken by family members at Nambol early this morning at around 6am.

According to police, the bomb could have been left at the spot late last night.

The bomb however failed to explode and the bomb was later disposed off at a secluded area at Nambol.

Meanwhile it may be mentioned that this is not the first time that the minister’s residence has been attacked.

Bomb found | Kanglaonline

5 injured in J&K grenade blast:

New Delhi: At least five civilians were injured in a grenade attack by militants in Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday.

Sources say unidentified militants attacked a picket of the Rashtriya Rifle personnel near the main bus stand in Kupwara district town, 90 km from Srinagar, around 1.45 pm, official sources said.

The grenade fell short of the intended target and exploded outside the picket, resulting in injuries to five pedestrians, they said.

The militants fled the scene taking advantage of panic in the crowded bus stand following the blast, the sources said, adding that police assisted by security forces immediately cordoned off the area and rushed the injured to hospital.

No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the grenade attack. A hunt has been launched to nab the militants, the sources said.

J&K: 5 injured in Kupwara grenade attack - India News - IBNLive

as far as the naxal problem is concerned..i think its solely a government grown problem..remove poverty form these states and naxalites would also get removed..

Police defuse grenade in Kupwara:

Srinagar, Nov 1 (PTI) Jammu and Kashmir police today defused a grenade in Kupwara district, while a man was injured in a "mysterious" explosion in Anantnag district.

Bomb Disposal Squad defused the hand-grenade which was found near a poultry farm in Trehgam village, police said. A person was injured in a "mysterious" explosion in south Kashmir's Zalangam village in Anantnag district, they said, adding that the incident took place during a marriage function.

"While cooking meals some explosive material beneath the earth suddenly went off, resulting in injuries to a guest," they said.

There was a possibility that blast may have been caused by some explosive material left over after a gunbattle between militants and security forces, eight years ago, they said. The condition of the injured man, identified as Maajid Majeed Padder, is stable, they said. PTI

Crime News, Aarushi Murder Case, Crime News India, Aarushi Talwar, Crime News From India, Noida Double Murder Case, Latest Crime News, Aarushi case, News on Crimes, Latest Crimes News, Aarushi murder case, Noida Twin Murder, Crimes News, Latest Cyber

Back
Top Bottom