What's new

China's poorest province: Guizhou is on the rapid rise

This HSR station expected to open in Nov. or Dec. is simply crazy.....
I feel sorry for locals....they have been suffering from geological blockage for such a long time!
I hope this HSR and many expressways under construction in this region will be a game changer....

Pu'an HSR Station
Pu'an County, Southwest Autonomous Prefecture of Guizhou Province

Have a look at the satellite map
HSR station over the river (left) and Shanghai-Kunming expressway (right)
View attachment 335628

In Pu'an County, 97% of the high-speed railway is comprised of tunnels and bridges!!
They have No choice but build the station over the Tiger Jumping River.....
If they build the station in the main city of Pu'an County, the station will be several hundred metres below the surface!

Ironically, the location of this station is right at the Border between Pu'an County and Panxian County!
And the majority buildings of the station including the waiting room hall are actually in Panxian County....
But we have to use the name "Pu'an", first there is already another Panxian HSR Station, second, local people will feel hurt! Many demonstrations for HSR projects are actually around the names and locations.....

The fight between netizens between Pu'an County and Panxian County was fierce....
Netizens from Panxian County argue, the station is basically on their place, should be renamed as Panxian East....

Anyway, there will be a highway linking the station to the main city of Pu'an County, and I have introduced the tourist projects right besides the station.

Panxian County vs Pu'an County

Panxian

Pu'an

HSR, highway to the county, and expressway overhead
View attachment 335632
View attachment 335637

Platforms are on the bridge!
View attachment 335633

View attachment 335634

View attachment 335636

Basically, passengers will wait inside the waiting room which is on the EARTH,
and then they will climb up the stairs onto the platforms on the BRIDGE!
And then, after several seconds, the train will become a subway train.....Deep inside the mountains
View attachment 335638

@Götterdämmerung @Gibbs @Godman @T-Rex @ahojunk @PARIKRAMA @anant_s @Ankit Kumar @hellfire @coffee_cup @waz @X-2. @Two @Dandpatta @S.U.R.B. et al

Looks like a breath taking rail travel journey in the making!
Mountainous regions do pose a lot of engineering challenges in such construction projects, but once complete, they are a treat for people who make use of it.
& it is really heartening to see, Chinese planners concentrating on rural far flung area development. Building roads and railways is a sure shot way of developing these remote regions.

Great news, keep it up China!
@AndrewJin your thread is becoming a focus point for my next Chinese trip.
Where have you been before?

Introduce my favourite province Yunnan!
Late this year, we can take high-speed train from Shanghai/Beijing/Guangzhou all the way to Yunnan!
It's also a good choice to make both Yunnan and Guizhou provinces in your itinerary, since it will only take 2.5 hours from Kunming City (capital of Yunnan) to Guiyang (capital of Guizhou). Currently, it takes at least 6.5 hours by slow train!

Yunnan Province, literally means "south to the clouds"!

Capital city of Yunnan......My heart is there....I will buy a house there when I am old...

Last edited:
Just look at the geographical settings that needed to be dealt with in order to build these tunnels and railways. I'm telling you it's top notch by glaring at these mega constructions. Can't wait to see how these poorest areas will blossom once development is in high gear. The locals finally got the charge needed for their gearbox :P

talk about panxian county netizens' absurity @AndrewJin

When it comes to development and infra projects, netizens here are crazy.....
I was also in a fight for a station in my province.
My father's hometown has no HSR station, but locals SUCCESSFULLY lobbied the location of the nearest station move south, only 15-20 minuets by bus to my father's hometown.......though it is located in another county.....Now, this small county-level station has around 80 bullet trains stopping there....They can take bullet trains directly to Beijing/Shenzhen/Guangzhou/Chengdu/Chongqing/Ningbo/Shanghai/Nanjing......

Talk about absurdity of Panxian County netizens....
Yes....I have seen hundreds of threads created by them......(and banned)
But thankfully, railway authority is fair enough.......
They have to build that station in Panxian County, but it belongs to Pu'an people!

Panxian County's HSR hub is big enough.....
Money talks.......If a county has money, they can make it big!
b4a32a7f9e2f0708ab74519be124b899a801f2a9.jpg
da51b599a9014c08e74a533e027b02087af4f4a9.jpg

Comparably, Pu'an station is much smaller!
And it's on the bridge!
9a998713632762d0db1a28e7a8ec08fa513dc633.jpg
05a4222eb9389b50ca2f6d0a8d35e5dde6116e0f.jpg
e275b7a1cd11728b8151007ac0fcc3cec2fd2cdb.jpg

Sadly, the county which needs a railway most, Qinglong County has no HSR station :cry::cry:
100% tunnels and bridges in the county, they could find no possible location for a station!

Red marks the county town of each county....
Blue marks the HSR station...left is Panxian County station, right is Pu'an County station
Good thing is, G60 Shanghai-Kunming expressway is parallel to the new high-speed railway....
It will only take half an hour by bus from Qinglong County's main town to Pu'an county station.....
213123.jpg

btw, the craziest bridge along this high-speed railway, is called Beipanjiang Railway Bridge Qinglong。。。
Yes, another crazy bridge over Beipanjiang River....
@anant_s

750px-BeipanjiangQinglongAerialArch.jpg
750px-BeipanjiangQinglongRailway&Pipe.jpg

http://www.highestbridges.com/wiki/index.php?title=Beipanjiang_Railway_Bridge_Qinglong

Beipanjiang Railway Bridge Qinglong
晴隆北盘江大桥
Qinglong, Guizhou, China
968 feet high / 295 meters high
1,460 foot span / 445 meter span

The Beipanjiang River is a barrier that seems to require engineers to create world record bridge spans. This tradition began in 2001 when the first record breaking high railway arch crossing took place near Fa’er Bouyei with a rail to river drop of 275 meters. Things have changed a lot in China between 2001 and 2016 and most of the newer railway lines are being designed and built for high speed trains reaching speeds of 250 kilometers an hour.

The massive Beipanjiang River railway arch is not only the world's highest railway bridge at 283 meters if you exclude Najiehe which is over a reservoir, but is also the world's longest concrete arch ever built with a span of 445 meters. The crossing is the crown jewel of bridges on the high speed railway line connecting Guiyang and Kunming. Located north of Qinglong city, the Beipanjiang has always been Guizhou's second greatest river after the Wujiang.

The bridge is located at kilometer 882 and cost 430 million Yuan or 66 million dollars. The Beipanjiang Railway Bridge is a sister bridge to the slightly smaller Nanpanjiang Railway Bridge near Qiubei, Yunnan as they were both designed by the same engineering teams with similar designs and construction methods. The major difference between the two spans is the Beipanjiang Bridge arch rib has a depth of 9 meters while the Nanpanjiang arch rib has a depth of 8.5 meters.

Last edited:
Guizhou has advantages to develop with environmental protection as the environment protection law strengthened. It's really good for them even it is already a hot tourists target currently.

During the urbanization process, I think Guizhou can borrow many experiences from other provinces. In the foreseeable 5 years, Guizhou will be a good place for living.

The balanced development strategy can push the west provinces develop even rapidly. Good to them. Our middle provinces should catch up now. @AndrewJin

Wow, first time that saw these amazing plans. Another high tech center of China?
Yes....
They are developing based on previous experiences from other provinces and can also avoid mistakes we've made...
Late-Developing advantages!
We can laugh now for the moment....but they are catching up at an unprecedented speed.
I am pissed off by Central China's self-contentment mentality!

Look at their middle school!
How about yours!

Look at their new higher education precinct!
How about yours!

They have just finished the first phase of construction, more than 10 universities have opened or will open their new campuses, aiming at improving the underdeveloped education sector in Guizhou Province.
Now they are starting the second phase (2016-2020), targeting high-tech industries and frontier technology labs.....
2321.jpg

d1160924ab18972bd67be20ee1cd7b899f510ab4.jpg
279759ee3d6d55fbd3dd8f1d65224f4a20a4ddf6.jpg
42166d224f4a20a42067c5fc98529822720ed094.jpg
500fd9f9d72a6059596f18212034349b033bba8a.jpg.png

Look at their property development by the lake!
How about yours!

Look at their e-commerce, logistics centres, big data centres in Guiyang City!
How about yours!

Look at this Gaofeng Village, how they well plan their communities, tourist sites, government service centres, village-owned industries and logistics centre!
How about yours!

Looks like a breath taking rail travel journey in the making!
Mountainous regions do pose a lot of engineering challenges in such construction projects, but once complete, they are a treat for people who make use of it.
& it is really heartening to see, Chinese planners concentrating on rural far flung area development. Building roads and railways is a sure shot way of developing these remote regions.
Let's develop together!
Chenab railway bridge is also magnificent!

Last edited:
The Beipanjiang River is a barrier that seems to require engineers to create world record bridge spans. This tradition began in 2001 when the first record breaking high railway arch crossing took place near Fa’er Bouyei with a rail to river drop of 275 meters. Things have changed a lot in China between 2001 and 2016 and most of the newer railway lines are being designed and built for high speed trains reaching speeds of 250 kilometers an hour.

The massive Beipanjiang River railway arch is not only the world's highest railway bridge at 283 meters if you exclude Najiehe which is over a reservoir, but is also the world's longest concrete arch ever built with a span of 445 meters. The crossing is the crown jewel of bridges on the high speed railway line connecting Guiyang and Kunming. Located north of Qinglong city, the Beipanjiang has always been Guizhou's second greatest river after the Wujiang.

The bridge is located at kilometer 882 and cost 430 million Yuan or 66 million dollars. The Beipanjiang Railway Bridge is a sister bridge to the slightly smaller Nanpanjiang Railway Bridge near Qiubei, Yunnan as they were both designed by the same engineering teams with similar designs and construction methods. The major difference between the two spans is the Beipanjiang Bridge arch rib has a depth of 9 meters while the Nanpanjiang arch rib has a depth of 8.5 meters.
Quite a sight that magnificent structure :smitten:
I anyway love arch bridges, there is a bit of old world charm associated with them and unlike other civil structures, they look an integral part of the natural surroundings.

Let's develop together!
:cheers:

Quite a sight that magnificent structure :smitten:
I anyway love arch bridges, there is a bit of old world charm associated with them and unlike other civil structures, they look an integral part of the natural surroundings.

Design companies from Guizhou Province in India's Vijayawada
Urban parks,
bridges, and other civil projects

There are still many poor villages in Guizhou Province.
2020 deadline is coming, local officers are under immense pressure!
That's right, it's their report card time. A failure could mean demotion. That's the Chinese way for over thousands of years.
So far, the governor of Guiyang seem to be in good shape

Guizhou Province welcomes HK tourists
Torch Festival of Yi
July, 2016

Well, it's not some high-quality documentary, but their real-time videos of the journey to Guizhou by high-speed railway and torch festival best reflect the big changes brought in by tourism industries and infra construction. Thousand of jobs are provided for local villagers.

0-5:45 Take bullet train from Shenzhen to Guiyang via Guangzhou-Guiyang HSR
5:45-7:00 A service centre on the Guiyang-Anshan expressway (Shanghai-Kunming expressway)
8:10-end Night life in Anshun City.....Square dance, food street, etc

Touch Festival of Yi at night!

CCTV News: 300,000+ tourist were attracted to Touch Festival in Shuicheng County!
1119305345_14697794433271n.JPG
1119305345_14697794436311n.JPG

A local tourist Yi village,Shuicheng County

A tourist site
Wumeng Prairie, Panxian County

well-maintained tourist infra

A flower-them tourist site in Panxian County
Integration of agriculture and tourism

2016-2020
Guizhou Guizhou

I plan to update this thread regularly until 2020, the deadline of China's first goal of 21st century roadmap if I am still in PDF at that time....If everybody has news, pls update this thread, thanks!

And I hope every one here in China could visit Guizhou
and have some first-hand experiences especially when we can take bullet trains to Guizhou from Shanghai/Beijing/Hangzhou/Guangzhou/Shenzhen.

我在贵州等你
I am waiting for you in Guizhou Province

160613163357-guizhou-scenary-huangguoshu-waterfalls-super-169.jpg
160614154545-china-guizhou-scenery-bridge-super-169.jpg

@grey boy 2 @Mista @endyashainin @eldarlmari @Fattyacids @Yizhi @Shotgunner51 @TaiShang @Stranagor @cirr @Keel @Jlaw @Place Of Space @FairAndUnbiased @zeronet @Raphael @sweetgrape @Edison Chen @Chinese Bamboo @Chinese-Dragon @cnleio @+4vsgorillas-Apebane @onebyone @yusheng @Kyle Sun @dy1022 @Beast @YoucanYouup @terranMarine @ahojunk @kuge@Economic superpower @Beidou2020 @cirr @JSCh @jkroo @Pangu @ChineseTiger1986 @powastick @onebyone @kankan326 @badguy2000 @TianyaTaiwan @ahtan_china @ChineseTiger1986 @powastick @empirefighter @hexagonsnow @xuxu1457 @sword1947 @tranquilium@55100864 @Sommer @HongWu002 @Speeder 2 @Dungeness @utp45 @StarCraft_ZT2 @Martian2 @Jguo @Arryn @rott @TheTruth @Dungeness @immortalsoul @beijingwalker @xunzi @Obambam @ahtan_china @bolo @bobsm @Abacin @Tom99 @Genesis @GS Zhou @djsjs @Daniel808 @Nan Yang @70U63 ]@CAPRICORN-88 @XiaoYaoZi @Hu Songshan @theniubt @LTE-TDD @faithfulguy @Economic superpower @Jlaw et al

Last edited:
Guizhou Province welcomes HK tourists
Torch Festival of Yi
July, 2016

Well, it's not some high-quality documentary, but their real-time videos of the journey to Guizhou by high-speed railway and torch festival best reflect the big changes brought in by tourism industries and infra construction. Thousand of jobs are provided for local villagers.

0-5:45 Take bullet train from Shenzhen to Guiyang via Guangzhou-Guiyang HSR
5:45-7:00 A service centre on the Guiyang-Anshan expressway (Shanghai-Kunming expressway)
8:10-end Night life in Anshun City.....Square dance, food street, etc

Touch Festival of Yi at night!

CCTV News: 300,000+ tourist were attracted to Touch Festival in Shuicheng County!
View attachment 336046 View attachment 336047

A local tourist Yi village,Shuicheng County

A tourist site
Wumeng Prairie, Panxian County

well-maintained tourist infra

A flower-them tourist site in Panxian County
Integration of agriculture and tourism

How many HK people visit China each year?

The rebirth of Guiyang's urban slum
花果园 Flower Fruit Garden

Before
10714268_225425.jpg

A brief introduction

This region used to one of the biggest "urban slum" in Guiyang, in Chinese, called "village inside the city". 100,000 people used to live there. In 2010, in response to the policy of reurbanisation of "villages inside the city", a local private group cooperated with the local government to start the project.

Since 2013, previous "villagers" started to move back to the NEW apartments (for free).

The whole project is worth 90 billion yuan, including one first-tier medical centre, 6 parks, 8 preliminary or middle schools, numerous kindergartens, 12 main urban roads, 31 bus routes, providing 150,000 jobs. It is the best-selling housing project in China.

Night life at this new community's wetland park!

Now, it's more than a community, but also a commercial centre, a recreational centre, a big data centre, and the city's green lung!
@terranMarine Jealous of their green? :frown:

@Götterdämmerung @Godman @Star Wars @StarCraft_ZT @Kaptaan @waz @Gibbs @Species @Lure @anant_s @Bussard Ramjet @Ankit Kumar 002 @PARIKRAMA @PARIKRAMA @Echo_419 @Danish saleem @PaklovesTurkiye @AViet @xiao qi @kaykay @kecho @Viet @LA se Karachi @Two @pzkilo @alarabi @oprih @Malik Abdullah @T-123456 @maximuswarrior @cranwerkhan @bbccdd1470 @Three_Kingdoms @Brainsucker @simple Brain @X-2. @Taygibay @Arsalan @shah1398 @muhammadali233 @Jf Thunder @Talwar e Pakistan @911 @Cherokee @liall @IsaacNewton @Levina @maximuswarrior @Arbiter @yesboss @Mista @kaykay @unbiasedopinion @Shakuni & Ravan @grey boy 2 @Jlaw @bolo @faithfulguy @Maira La @T-Rex @UKBengali @Odysseus @Nilgiri @Aether @Fattyacids @Darmashkian @Kaptaan @kadamba-warrior @Clutch @egodoc222 @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Sky lord @faithfulguy @Zibago @saiyan0321 @el che @Mugwop @S.U.R.B. @Rasengan @xiao qi @Dungeness @ahtan_china @endyashainin @vostok @senheiser @kankan326 @Zulkarneyn @el che @thesolar65 @third eye @Desi_Guy @Three_Kingdoms @Brainsucker @Anjo @DoTell @proud_indian @my2cents @Reashot Xigwin @Cherokee @SouI @Max Pain @maximuswarrior @MilSpec @hellfire @randomradio @Levina @maximuswarrior @Fallen King @Levina @fitpOsitive @Doyalbaba @BDforever @TheTheoryOfMilitaryLogistics @Cossack25A1 @OrionHunter @rott @Anjo @Abba_Dabba_Jabba @Areesh @Huan @RISING SUN @Dungeness @PaklovesTurkiye @Dandpatta @KRAIT @CorporateAffairs @anas_nurhafidz @Fallen King @gslv mk3 @Two @Huan @coffee_cup @DayWalker90 @TheTheoryOfMilitaryLogistics @Kash_Ninja @slapshot @Sinopakfriend @Doyalbaba @JaiMin @nang2 @dingyibvs @Gibbs @Godman et al

Characteristics of private company-government cooperation
of Guiyang Style

1, Government provides relatively cheap land to the private company
2, The project is "smart", eco-friendly, job providing, public transport friendly. It will be linked with 3 subways, 2 trams.
3. The government ensures the best public resources relocated to the community, including transport, medicine, education, etc.
4. Those who lost their housing in the previous "village" are provided with the best-quality housing without any additional payment.
5. Jobs should be provided for local "villagers" as a permanent poverty relief strategy.
6. Public parks, wetland, riverbank parks, mountains, are all free.

@Mista @eldarlmari @CAPRICORN-88 Kind of like the public housing in Singapore?
423.jpg

http://baike.baidu.com/link?url=rEE...pxrobwpM8u_GV3VTE03b1TsbOIGBx6-mSRF8f55OgQF8_
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2683954763

Large area of parks, wetland, mountains, riverbanks.....
1312.jpg

54237acb0a46f21f981ff243f4246b600d33aee4.jpg

34ac42a98226cffcfb021ca2bb014a90f703eae4.jpg
2c2a78310a55b3190bc5216541a98226cefc17cf.jpg

sygg.jpg

@Shotgunner51 @GS Zhou First phase has been sold out....look at the price!!! look at their design...7100m2 garden in the air...120,000m2 shopping centre nearby, 16000m2 supermarket opposite the street, 45000m2 shops at the bottom, 600,000m2 mountain park within walk distance.....
If I am not from Wuhan, I will sell mine, can buy 3 times bigger housing.....

Last edited:
I don't really agree with "90s". I find indian media has always over simplified the development process here.....
Without decades of developing manufacturing, land reform and agricultural development, post 1970s opening-up is meaningless. The foundation of the industries in my city was all developed in 1950s-1970s.

Actually the foundation of the industries in Wuhan started since 1870's. hahah. Damn! We didn't grasp that opportunity then.
6921696696919.jpg

ee41a5c379310a5563c4ee97b44543a983261063 (1).jpg

mp27699390_1439771713828_3.jpeg

W020140509614145286875.jpg

wKgBpVWVIKOAcLRNAALMrIRXhHY65.groupinfo.w600.jpeg

wKgBy1Q2Y5GACc2HAAOLlCo_UBA692.jpg

Actually the foundation of the industries in Wuhan started since 1870's. hahah. Damn! We didn't grasp that opportunity then.
View attachment 336209
View attachment 336210
View attachment 336211
View attachment 336212
View attachment 336213
View attachment 336214
Yep, pretty sure...
It did help transform China and provide large number of guns!
But the spirit of Made-in-Hanyang never fades!
Hanyang, where these steel and weapon industries used to exist, is now one of Wuhan's most important economic engines!

2:40 Made-in-Hanyang rifles

Sort of, except that every apartment block planning is cramped in singapore- so much so that the people are living neck-to-neck. Also, we do not have much of a natural scenery in the country that are near public housing estates except for a granite cliff feature that has a small natural lake named 'xiao guilin', named after the guilin in guangxi.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom