What's new

INS varsha taking shape

@bhangi bava what are you doing man? What purpose does putting this stuff into an easily digestible and accessible platform serve? Saying this stuff can be found online is no excuse nor justification for illustrating perhaps one of the most sensitive projects India has going on.

I honestly don't see what you're looking to achieve by doing such things, leave it to the MoD to put out such things if they feel it is necessary that they don't should be reason enough to keep these things quiet and certainly not on a Pakistani based/run defence forum!

Dude relax... there's nothing wrong in discussing about it.... after all this no more secret.. whatever the secret bases exists on earth are known by the enemies only thing they don't know how it would be inside.... Hainan base or Norad or whatever everyone know the location

If a 15yr old boy with a Pentium 4 processor can search an area like that on G-map, what you think ISI or NSA doing right now? Which can even track your phone.
These aren't the people I'd be concerned about it is the LeTs and the IMs (to a lesser extent) of this world that one needs to be wary of in this context. Just look to your Western neighbour to see why important military installations need to be as secure as possible and information about layouts, security, distances etc all kept CLASSIFIED. All of these recent attacks on military installations in Pakistan (even 26/11) were in a large part planned and controlled using open-source material like Google Maps so there is a precedent. By not only highlighting that such information about one of India's most secretive locations exists for all to see but then illustrating it and annotating the maps you have, I'm afraid, made a massive error of judgment and then to top it all off you've posted it on a PAKISTANI defence forum.

This isn't acceptable.

Ok, give me an answer, I have seen many threads, about SU-30's radar, LCA payload capacity and about its AOA, about INS Arihant and her acoustic signature, then why we do that? This isnt threaten the national security?
This isn't a threat to national security no because that is mere speculation and anyway, like I said, the real issue with putting these things online is NOT fear of the ISI/NSA/Chinese seeing it- no doubt they have accesses to better info then Google Maps but it is the unconventional threat India and the world now needs to be wary of.

Last edited:
@bhangi bava what are you doing man? What purpose does putting this stuff into an easily digestible and accessible platform serve? Saying this stuff can be found online is no excuse nor justification for illustrating perhaps one of the most sensitive projects India has going on.

I honestly don't see what you're looking to achieve by doing such things, leave it to the MoD to put out such things if they feel it is necessary that they don't should be reason enough to keep these things quiet and certainly not on a Pakistani based/run defence forum!

These aren't the people I'd be concerned about it is the LeTs and the IMs (to a lesser extent) of this world that one needs to be wary of in this context. Just look to your Western neighbour to see why important military installations need to be as secure as possible and information about layouts, security, distances etc all kept CLASSIFIED. All of these recent attacks on military installations in Pakistan (even 26/11) were in a large part planned and controlled using open-source material like Google Maps so there is a precedent. By not only highlighting that such information about one of India's most secretive locations exists for all to see but then illustrating it and annotating the maps you have, I'm afraid, made a massive error of judgment and then to top it all off you've posted it on a PAKISTANI defence forum.

This isn't acceptable.

This isn't a threat to national security no because that is mere speculation and anyway, like I said, the real issue with putting these things online is NOT fear of the ISI/NSA/Chinese seeing it- no doubt they have accesses to better info then Google Maps but it is the unconventional threat India and the world now needs to be wary of.

Yup, but that too is unofficial source. You cant say Google map as very specific, and this guy too is jus doing is mere speculation. These tunnel can be for road or for train, or Indian Railway working on a new project, nobody knows that.

But I accept that these things can be useful for terrorist, and I dont want any of critical infrastructure pic on internet, that terrorist can use. These terrorist attack not only cause just national security threat, but also threat for civilians life.

But I am not making that point, yeah that thing is totally unnecessary, but read above some comments above, it looks like there is some trial going on this guy. And he did some kind of criminal offense.

My point is simple, I dont think ISI or China, is so much stupid that simply rely on Google map, and dont confirm that. They definitely have some ground assets to confirm this. But yes, for terrorist thats a holy grail.

In the very first place, I do not like the fact that ALL our defence related developments are available here for the use of anybody who cares to browse through.

ALL the step by step improvements and inductions and changes of EVERYTHING that we have including LCA, INS VIKKY, Kolkata, all the other things are available HERE chronologically on def pk online for free public viewing by anybody who cares to look. Add into that the willingness the admins of this site for sharing all the info about posters, their IP address, physical location etc..with the pakistani authorities at the drop of a hat, I am not buying that "It's there on google map" logic.

I hope someone doesn't post something here for the gloat value, like I work in HAL within LCA and such other gloat factors..

Simply, be careful, guys, be very careful ! @bhangi bava dude, do read this post too. Thanks man...

I will report this to CCP immediately, thanks! Just Kidding........ Who the hells cares the tunnel stuff?

This isn't acceptable.

Dude.... Go to wiki and enter Project Varsha .... and all the details are given including the Name of the place... Just enter the name in google earth and you get all the images he uploaded here.... And i'm sure the terrorists have much more knowledge to read such a image... Anyway these are highly classified Bases its not easy even to get near

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom