What's new

INS Arihant Will be operational in 2015 , DRDO to work on Attack

What happened to Project 75 I ? We have realized all building blocks of technology. It is now high time that we stop importing expensive Subs spend more on R & D and realized exactly what we want like tejas.
RFP has been issued.

RFP has been issued.

But there was a news that it will be scrapped and more scorepene will be build. Rather than going for costly western subs, Buy Russian subs. They sell us Nuclear sub at Rs 1 BN USD. Bloody French charges us more for even a diesel sub.

SSNs are importants not only because it has greater capabilities than diesel ones but also because for CBG. Diesel subs are slow and can't be used in a CBG fleet. We need mix of both SSNs and SSKs in our navy.

Now you know, what i said to you almost a year or two back.

SSNs are importants not only because it has greater capabilities than diesel ones but also because for CBG. Diesel subs are slow and can't be used in a CBG fleet. We need mix of both SSNs and SSKs in our navy.
but do we really need 12 SSNs? And How many SSNs are needed per CBG?

Now you know, what i said to you almost a year or two back.
Haha yes I remember big brother. It is very much close to your report which you had said then.

India has big ambitions so I will not be surprised if we eventually go for 12 SSNs but for the time being I will stick to 6-7 SSNs but then I am nobody to decide also I will not underestimate its capacity as having 12 SSN means equal operational capability of almost 24 SSKs. For a CBG 1 SSN seems to be enough but I will not be surprised if they use even 2.

Last edited:

Absolutely right.

American CBGs generally have 2 SSNs.

@sandy_3126 : am I right?

Back
Top Bottom