What's new

INR strengthen 2.77 rs against USD in last month due to govt. Efforts

This coming from someone whose countries currency is at an all time low and further falling. That rich bro
2018-11-22-16-49-35-4447131794968670767.jpeg

You don't know the current crude oil price. Too bad too sad:(. Look at the news it's $65/b (approx).

For example, Pakistan doing all that and your currency fell 1 rupee against dollar. :(Too bad too sad. Indian forex reserves improved. Now I know why there are no @BHarwana threads about Indian economy. No "good" news. That's too bad and too sad. We kinda missed your whining.

Go read back in your too bad and too sad threads, I have predicted this fall when Trump ban will not be enforced. Too bad and too sad you didn't listen.
images-39.jpg

Are you too scared to put a logical argument? :D Hide behind memes kid. I won't reply to any more memes so don't waste time.
What is the logical INTERPRETATION of same two word Repeated frequently
TOO BAD
TOO SAD
:enjoy:

Why burn so many billions in forex reserves to defend the currency value, why not use the lower currency in order to boost the competitiveness of the domestic export industries? Which can help the trade deficit and even the budget deficit (indirectly) in the long-term.

Flawed logic. You need a manufacturing base to be able to take advantage of that first. We don’t

Last edited:
Why burn so many billions in forex reserves to defend the currency value, why not use the lower currency in order to boost the competitiveness of the domestic export industries? Which can help the trade deficit and even the budget deficit (indirectly) in the long-term.

It has to do with the price elasticities of demand and supply for the composition of goods/services/investments that make up the Indian economy (Especially as how they relate to elasticity of labour)....i.e how many jobs created/lost from a much higher oil bill (by letting rupee depreciate past a point) compared to how many can be generated by exporting industries. There is a sweet spot around where it is now....too much of a change basically would negatively affect the short term with speculative long term adjustment to it (given India's basic economic problem stems from the institutional control side as far as exporters go, but demand from oil is quite a much bulkier raw force that cannot be controlled institutionally as much). More reforms from supply side is the answer for this long term....GST is a good step for it.

This is too bad,
so bad,
incredibly bad,
insane bad,

:taz::taz::taz:

Where is @BHarwana very bad very sad ? He used to post a tweet for every paisa raise in dollar value but no post for 277 paisa drop !!

May be some people are in shock. They may comment after they recover.

Correction 3 INR now:( too bad and too sad.

It is not completely due to the currency swap agreements. Rather it has to do with the fall in crude oil price which fell almost 25%.

Correct but I was referring to government effort.

They should have arrested INR downfall much before. We don't export high value products to justify the fall as advantageous to exports.

RBI should have curtailed the price through reducing the flow of INR in India and doubling the interest rates.

Yes but what is the current crude oil price? Oil price is $50 and has fallen by $20 so I am very shocked that if indian govt was going to use this for currency manipulation why has it succeed in just gaining 2 INR? For example Pakistan is using this opportunity to reduce trade deficit and increase foreign reserves and they are doing very well with this small window where as India is again making wrong decision in this small oil price window as Saudis have told USA that if they keep giving waiver on oil to every one they will cut production down and this will gain push inflation into Indian economy and reduce growth.

What Pakistan is doing, is asking for aid from foreign countries to pay back it’s debt. That’s too bad, too sad.

Its below 70 now. 69 something. Will get back to 66-67 in few days time.

Back
Top Bottom