What's new

Infrastructure Development in Pakistan

this is totally off topic - but i saw that Vita Bella place (looks like a nice idea)

anyone know if Copper Kettle (in Lahore) is still around and operating? Man i remember went there when i was a teenager, they used to have something called "baked alaska"

that was good shyt

Pic 1 is the correct render:

page2.jpg

whoever rendered this drawing (it looks nice by the way) -- where you gonna do sail-boat in Islamabad? :laugh:

I haven't have had the opportunity to go recently but Copper Kettle was operating till last year and so I would assume that it still is ! Though the last time I went there I felt it to be a stark contrast to what it used to be; it didn't have a lot of customers and the food wasn't as good as once was ! But maybe thats just me !

P.S They have 'Baked Alaska' everywhere now !

haha, makes sense.... :D

I haven't have had the opportunity to go recently but Copper Kettle was operating till last year and so I would assume that it still is ! Though the last time I went there I felt it to be a stark contrast to what it used to be; it didn't have a lot of customers and the food wasn't as good as once was ! But maybe thats just me !

P.S They have 'Baked Alaska' everywhere now !

i went there i think it was 1995 or 96, so it's been a while!

i was wondering if it was still around.....it was never really fancy or anything; but the baked alaska was too good.

I remember also Zouk.....that used to be "the place" to go for a nice dinner out with friends.....i dont know if it's still around (probably is) but now Lahore has MUCH better places

we used to go frequently from Peshawar to Lahore -- good times

haha, makes sense.... :D

i went there i think it was 1995 or 96, so it's been a while!

i was wondering if it was still around.....it was never really fancy or anything; but the baked alaska was too good.

I remember also Zouk.....that used to be "the place" to go for a nice dinner out with friends.....i dont know if it's still around (probably is) but now Lahore has MUCH better places

we used to go frequently from Peshawar to Lahore -- good times

I was 5-6 at that time.....Uncle Jee ! :woot:

But like I said it maybe around...it may not be ! Zook - another place that many of us Lahorites used to frequent a lot and has been there in Gulberg for something like a decade, closed a few months back ! The same thing happened to 'Kabbana' a yaer or two back and it was inaugurated well before my birth !

And yeah Baked Alaska is now available at almost any of the places now popping up all over Lahore from M.M Alam to Defence but then again we're still not going to find it at 'Bundu Khan' and the sorts ! And I'm addicted to their Kastoori Kebabs and Boneless Handi ! :D

CDA proposes Rs26b budget for next fiscal year
Finance wing of Capital Development Authority (CDA) has proposed a budget of Rs 26 billion in the draft prepared for the fiscal year 2012-13.

According to details, CDA would get Rs one billion grant from government under Public Sector Development Programmes (PSDP) while Rs 1700 million funds have been allocated for maintenance.Sources said that the body would earn Rs 4600 million through property tax, water charges, municipal sources, environment and other sources. The authority plans to generate Rs 16 billion through sale of sectors C-15 and C-16, and Rs three billion by sale of municipal bonds. In the CDA budget for 2012-13, no new tax would be imposed but the body has sent a summary to cabinet division for approval regarding increase in property tax and water charges.During next fiscal year, the CDA would complete work on various development projects including construction of parliament lodges, Kashmir Highway, Margalla and 11th Avenues and two underpasses. The body was also set to start development work on EAD, initiating bus service, construction of enclave widening of Karal Chowk and Islamabad Highway to Rawat.
hoping to see amazing projects for Islamabad :yahoo::pakistan:

whats taking this monster soo long to finish?
7225776046_f987e06d0a_b.jpg

Karachi, Pakistan - 20th May, 2012 Arabian Nights held the launch ceremony of their second venture under the name of “Arabian Nights Lounge” in a royal way. With the whole event thematically decorated with the theme of Arabia from the tastefully decorated surroundings, to the costumed ushers, dance performances, right up to the fireworks; all was deliciously crafted by Food Connection Pakistan, with Mr. Khurram A Khan being the chief Organizer.

anc4.jpg

anc7.jpg

anc5.jpg

anc8.jpg

anc2.jpg

I was 5-6 at that time.....Uncle Jee ! :woot:

But like I said it maybe around...it may not be ! Zook - another place that many of us Lahorites used to frequent a lot and has been there in Gulberg for something like a decade, closed a few months back ! The same thing happened to 'Kabbana' a yaer or two back and it was inaugurated well before my birth !

And yeah Baked Alaska is now available at almost any of the places now popping up all over Lahore from M.M Alam to Defence but then again we're still not going to find it at 'Bundu Khan' and the sorts ! And I'm addicted to their Kastoori Kebabs and Boneless Handi ! :D

there was a nice place i went on MM Alam Road; had a very Mughal architectural feel to it. I can't for the life of me remember the name of that restaurant. But it was good. Buffet setup i think.

anyyyyways .... !

Pic 1 is the correct render:

page2.jpg

Soft launch: Hotel, apartments and shopping, all in one place

381714-building-1337536852-284-640x480.JPG

A scale model of the One Constitution Avenue complex. The Grand Hyatt is on the left. PHOTO: MYRA IQBAL

ISLAMABAD: The soft launch of the One Constitution Avenue, which encompasses five-star Grand Hyatt Hotel, luxury apartments and a shopping centre, was held on Saturday evening at the site near the Convention Centre.

The ceremony was hosted by Abdul Hafeez and Abdul Majeed, the CEO and the chairperson of the Bismillah Group.

Guests, including figures from the worlds of commerce and industry, mingled freely with each other around the still-under constru
ction facility. The Grand Hyatt will provide all the facilities of a top-notch hotel complex including the first ever high-rise tower hotel in Pakistan, along with a residential apartment building and a shopping mall. The complex is spread over 13.5 acres and the entire project is due for completion by June 2014.

People at the event termed the complex a great addition to the city. “I was anxiously waiting for high-rise buildings to come to the city,” said local resident Adnan Ahmed.

Some said that the hotel would provide job opportunities for hundreds of people, which is a positive sign.

Munawar Mughal, Chairperson of the Founder Group of Islamabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry, appreciated “this great addition in the federal capital”. He was hopeful that good job opportunities would be generated by the complex.
Jinnah Super Market President Ijaz Abbasi said, “The Grand Hyatt could become a landmark for Islamabad.”

Special Assistant to Prime Minister Shahnaz Wazir Ali was also present at the occasion.

Published in The Express Tribune, May 21st, 2012.

Soft launch: Hotel, apartments and shopping, all in one place – The Express Tribune

Urban development: ‘No shortage of funds if businessmen support’

382730-Road-1337718940-333-640x480.jpg

" The city government has received approval to purchase new machinery that will help keep the city clean," DCO Muhammad Ameen Chaudhry.

GUJRANWALA: “There cab be no shortage of funds if business men support development projects in the city,” District Coordination Officer Muhammad Ameen Chaudhry said on Tuesday, adding, “Steps to develop the city’s infrastructure can best be taken with the support of the business community.”

He was addressing members of the Gujranwala Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI).

He said construction of new roads, laying of sewer pipes and development of recreational parks were major plans on the city government’s cards. The DCO said that the city government had received approval to purchase new machinery to keep the city clean.

Talking about traffic problems, the DCO said that a diversion bridge will be constructed from Chand Da Qila bypass to Aziz Cross. He said funds for this project will be provided by the government. He hoped the project will help ease traffic flow across the city.
He said environmental experts were working on ways to protect the citizens from hazardous smoke from kilns on Sheikhupura Road. He said the city government planned to initiate work on provision of clean drinking water, drainage and removal of encroachments.

Gujranwala Chamber of Commerce and Industry deputy president Mehar Salahuddin Jamil also addressed the gathering.
He lauded the efforts city government’s to initiate development projects.

Published in The Express Tribune, May 23rd, 2012.

Urban development:

As the temprature rises, New Air Conditioned CNG buses have started running between Lahore and Qasur.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've heard that there's a restaurant opening instead of the helipad at the centaurus due to unsuitable wind conditions is that true ?

Back
Top Bottom