What's new

Infrastructure Development in Pakistan

Not necessarily failed, it just couldn't compete in that segment in those markets. In Pakistan, it will face a lot less competition.

... therefore, it failed. Suzuki had to withdraw from the north American market on account of its failed last attempt. If in Pakistan, the Kizashi manages to sell more than 20 units a month, I'll take my words back.

... therefore, it failed. Suzuki had to withdraw from the north American market on account of its failed last attempt. If in Pakistan, the Kizashi manages to sell more than 20 units a month, I'll take my words back.

Failed in sales figure not as a product. It's not a banged up car which is being brought to Pakistan because we'll accept anything. The car is still very decent.

Last edited:
Would you say the same about Tejas?

I don't know what that is, and I'm not sure why you're taking this personally. Nobody in their right mind would pay 55 lakh PKR for a Suzuki, and that too with medium grade plastics in its interior. A failed product is a failed product whichever way you look at it.

I don't know what that is, and I'm not sure why you're taking this personally. Nobody in their right mind would pay 55 lakh PKR for a Suzuki, and that too with medium grade plastics in its interior. A failed product is a failed product whichever way you look at it.

Not taking it personally, I'm not even in Pakistan. Just helping you understand how it works. In the North American(NA) market, this car was competing with the BMW 3 series, Mercedes C class and the Audi A4. The German cars dominate this segment of the market in NA so it was next to impossible to break into that.

However, in Pak the situation is different. Not much competition and Suzuki is a better established brand here. Lack of other options will work in its favor and the car will do well here. It is not a cheap car, it sits in the luxury compact sedan segment which is obvious by its price.

Not taking it personally, I'm not even in Pakistan. Just helping you understand how it works. In the North American(NA) market, this car was competing with the BMW 3 series, Mercedes C class and the Audi A4. The German cars dominate this segment of the market in NA so it was next to impossible to break into that.

However, in Pak the situation is different. Not much competition and Suzuki is a better established brand here. Lack of other options will work in its favor and the car will do well here. It is not a cheap car, it sits in the luxury compact sedan segment which is obvious by its price.

You'll agree that in Pakistan, just like in India and North America, no one in their right mind would pay the premium price a non-premium brand like Suzuki is asking. The Kizashi might be a very capable vehicle, but potential customers in Pakistan would rather import 2nd-hand German and Japanese vehicles through Karachi port, or even buy Audi Pakistan's A3 offering instead of paying the likes of PakSuzuki 55 lakhs for a CBU meant for the latter's top-management at their port Qasim plant.

I had a quick look at the car and the price seems reasonable for the specifications it offers. Expensive yes, but reasonable still. It has a 2.4 l engine with 6 speed pedal shift gears. That means it's something of a sports saloon. That translates to roughly 33,000 GBP. Which is, like I said, perfectly reasonable.

Rawalpindi Islamabad Metro Bus

MBS__8_-4691-800-600-80.JPG

MBS__16_-4694-800-600-80.JPG

MBS__14_-4693-800-600-80.JPG

MBS__18_-4695-800-600-80.JPG

MBS__44_-4697-800-600-80.JPG

MBS__3_-4690-800-600-80.JPG

MBS__45_-4698-800-600-80.JPG

MBS__32_-4706-800-600-80.JPG

Suffa University

The Iconic DHA City Karachi Masjid.

Malir Motorway.

Funds have been approved for construction of 500 beds hospital in Wah Cantt. Initially 100 beds capacity will be constructed later it will be increased to 500 beds.

419.gif

Construction work on Murree Road near Mareer Chowk (Jang photo).

02_03.jpg

Back
Top Bottom