What's new

informative and shocking (Zaid Hamid)

r4rehan

Reaction score
nice , informative, shocking, episode of QURAN-E-AULA....

so proud to be muslims,,,,,, and work hard to do it again,, we can do it coz ALLAH ki MADAD HAMESHA HAMARE SATH HAI....

<(_|_)| AKBAR

:pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched it on TV a couple of days back.

100 % agree with him.

I think our education system needs some big time changes , mostly involving totally revising our curriculum so that our upcoming generations know how great we Muslims actually are.

He called Indian numerals as "Arabic Numerals" at 3:15??? The zero was established by Indians.. and he says the muslims should get credit for it???

trigonometry was also developed by Indians and other before Islam was born:

"The next significant developments of trigonometry were in India. Influential works from the 4th&#8211;5th century, known as the Siddhantas (of which there were five, the most complete survivor of which is the Surya Siddhanta[14]) first defined the sine as the modern relationship between half an angle and half a chord, while also defining the cosine, versine, and inverse sine.[15] Soon afterwards, another Indian mathematician and astronomer Aryabhata (476&#8211;550 AD), collected and expanded upon the developments of the Siddhantas in an important work called the Aryabhatiya.[16] The Siddhantas and the Aryabhatiya contain the earliest surviving tables of sine values and versine (1 &#8722; cosine) values, in 3.75&#176; intervals from 0&#176; to 90&#176;, to an accuracy of 4 decimal places.[17] They used the words jya for sine, kojya for cosine, ukramajya for versine, and otkram jya for inverse sine. The words jya and kojya eventually became sine and cosine respectively after a mistranslation described above."

link : History of trigonometry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although Muslims and Islamic cultures provided a lot of scientific knowledge, it is not correct to say that "Islam should get all credit".

Modern science and Mathematics is a descendent of all learning of humanity since humanity was born. It does not belong to a specific religion or a specific culture or race.

We know that basics of science and maths are discovered in ancient India and Persia. But western world will not accept it(may be ego problem).

One Example,
They says, Alexander the great beat Porus in the battle of River Hydaspes. Historians says that Alexander had large warce of Macedonian horses and Porus had light cavalary and War elephants. They(read western historians) says macedonian horses were afraid of Indian war elephant's body smell and they never fight the elephant. then how the hell he beat Porus?

The value of "pi" was first calculated by Bhudhayana,he also explained the concept of 'pythagorean theorem'
Quadratic equation was invented by Sridharacharya in 11th century.
the decimal system invented in India(Thank God they(western historians) accept it)
IEEE of USA has proved that wireless communication was invented by Jagdishchandra Bose NOT marconi.
Bhaskaracharya calculated time taken by the earth to orbit the sun in 5th century BC to be 365.258756484.

I have some articles regarding ancient science,as soon as I'll find it, I'll share information with you folks.

Last edited:
we should get our act together for the present and future.
We should be proud of our past but not live in it.

we live in history and get consolation that we contributed to the development....
development isn't achieved in one generation or in a millennium..If Zaid goes to 100-200 AD and claims that everything started then.. tomorrow somebody will go much farther... before BC and claim their forefathers were the real inventors...

whatever we achieved isn't becoz of religion but becoz of our inquisitive nature but if we live in past and try to claim.. we will be just living in history...
This video reminds me the quote I hear normally in India "bharat sone ki chidiya thi and columbus invented America becoz he wanted to find the shortest sea route to india..." reality is we stopped thinking innovatively.. and thus civilization....

new episode

we(muslim) r just a ONE UMAH (One Nation) don't care wht ppl say abt this history we'll wirte history again,,, INSHAALLAH and World'll see what can Muslim do with (HELP OF ALLAH)

inshaALLAH we can do it again...............

<(_|_)| AKABAR

Last edited by a moderator:
Its important to see the climate in which all these developments took place as well. There is no doubt that the dark ages was dark only for Europe. The caliphate in Baghdad and Spain and countries in Asia were quite vibrant and making lot of scientific advancements.

Baghdad was a tolerant and welcoming society were scholars from Greece, India, China, Iran and local and jewish scholars came to do research and hence all these discoveries were made. Kind of like what America has become these days were scientists around the world go to the US.

It was this open nature that allowed Muslims to build on the foundation of Greek, Indian and Chinese knowledge to provide the basis of the renaissance for Europe.

we live in history and get consolation that we contributed to the development....
development isn't achieved in one generation or in a millennium..If Zaid goes to 100-200 AD and claims that everything started then.. tomorrow somebody will go much farther... before BC and claim their forefathers were the real inventors...

whatever we achieved isn't becoz of religion but becoz of our inquisitive nature but if we live in past and try to claim.. we will be just living in history...
This video reminds me the quote I hear normally in India "bharat sone ki chidiya thi and columbus invented America becoz he wanted to find the shortest sea route to india..." reality is we stopped thinking innovatively.. and thus civilization....

Nothing wrong with recalling the inventions and achievments your anccestors done in the past.

The program is very informative

Nothing wrong with recalling the inventions and achievments your anccestors done in the past.

Yea, Its a very informative program and it tells us how great we Muslims were more importantly WHY we were great.

It makes us think that what has happened to us now.

Today's Muslims don't know how great we actually are , trust me if they knew how great we were they would stay far away from today's western way of living.

but then we live in past....
Not to forget, i don't believe everything that zaid claims !!! becoz developments arent things out of blue...
its a chain of events, continues growth....and it wud be premature to claim everything started with somebody....

Marvelous, I won't say whatever he says is 100&#37; right but one thing which is great about this man is that he does research on such topics or gathers information which not only gives us pride but it also gives us hope to strive and bring that golden period of glory back to muslim world, i have always advocated that the best way to excel and develope ourselves in this world is through education and research Sectors, in my opinion people should not only be provided free education from basic to the advanced levels(From KG to Phd) but also resources to carry out research on ideas that come to their minds no matter how funny those ideas may seem to us, development doesn't stop when u have empty pockets but it stops when u have empty skulls, i as a student of economics was strongly convinced that pakistan's success lays in heavy investments in education,health and research Sectors,because economics believes that the production of goods or services is based upon 4 factors of production namely Land,Labour,Capital and Enterpreneur and international trade suggests that a country should produce products and services which are more intensive to the factor of production that this country enjoys the abundence of, pakistan in my opinion is a labour abundent country, if we invest havily on human resource then we can convert our population in a very robust skilled man power ready to contribute to the country in specific and world as a whole, we can also exports this skilled man power to the countries which are in dire need of such skilled man power,the budget for education in pakistan should be around 10% of the GDP and the same amount of resources should be spent on research, do this for 10 years and in the next 10 years u'd be the most progressive nation on planet earth, i can bet my life on it....

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom