What's new

Information Pool & Analysis on Pakistan's AF Aspiration for Su-35 / Su-35S - FLANKER-E

O...YAAR....May I please make a very humble request.

If there are no SU-35 coming to Pakistan then please close this and all other related threads.....I have reached the stage that I am now unable to sleep, in anticipation that SU-35 will be seen in PAF colours.

WHAT A DAY THAT WOULD BE......

People after reading 27 page of arguments I summarize that LIKE US selling weapons to India for China Russia if and that is a big if it does sell su 35 they would be primarily to protect our oceans and cpec in which the ruskis are to take part also they will use gawader port which is their ambition since 1960s however now they will do it in the shape of alliance not war and so to smooth relations protect ones own shipment etc they might provide us a heavy plane which can be used for maritime deterrence mainly and also in cover be used again India however that does not seem possible as there quite a less chance of war but us blocking Trade from gawader(sanction) to detter it we need su 35 look at it in this way us giving India weapons for China but in war will they be able to stop them from being used against Pakistan however would they in a 2002 standoff like situation sell weapons to India when war with Pakistan imminent ? Think about it

Janab Masla ye hai ki Jab

Bohat aalaa... :-)

during Gulf War, U.S planes uses Indian bases to refuel, then what difference it is now with signing the deal officially. Where was Russia concern then.

Well in my opinion, the Gulf war was not Russian centric nor refuel bases were permanent station of US plans though somehow it was like a Petrol Pump facility but in current scenario, it is all going to give and have access of bases and by that term it is easy to understand that it is only to contain China, Russia and Pakistan by US so by going through the same, Russia would have reservations indeed. Rest is all are observations and findings on individual so lets wait till the time it reveals.

Masla ye hai
Ji... :-)

Why you thinking Russia tilting away from India, when atleast 40 Billion of Defense deal is still there namely FGFA, SUBS, Frigates, MIG-29 K, and Super Sukhoi.

Not the Russia but India. As far as deals are concnerned, previously India was at point that can pressurize Russia to not to sell at-least to Pakistan however, as per current development, IMO, given us an opportunity by facilitating US and Russia is very well aware of such development.

Masla ye hai

Bolain hazoor balain... ma hamatan gosh hu.. :-)

we have good relationship with everyone and could buy from anywhere from europe, us and Russia, but your choices are limited.

Now this is one of another approach that we don't have good relations but India does. Well, to be honest with you, to the some extent we missed our chances but was due to bad diplomacy and we have no such number of enemies what it has been portrayed though we are getting again on the right lane and relations are progressing with many nations. Limitations are much of concerned due to Financial Constrains and are not purely based upon alleged bad relations. You will agree that in today's scenario, if we have the hard cash for wild shopping, we would be doing so.

As far as SU-35 is concerned, I don't think it is going to come to Pakistan because :---

1) It niether fulfils Pakistani Doctorine, niether did PAF could effort it in number.

Check my posts alongwith many other seniors as well that, I am not very impressed and sure of such news yet though I haven't expressed about Financial Problem here but you have just replied to your own statement about alleged bad relations. (You mean afford it) When it comes to dire need and necessity of time being a matter of life & death, PAF is full of surprises, you will see things unveiling.

2) India is going for the Super Sukhoi upgrade, which will make each of its MKI at par with the SU-35.

I already tried to put some sense into that statement in this very same thread to of the members. It can be at par but to the some extents not in whole and still, whether SU-35 comes to PAF or not, (in short) it will hold the supremacy against other platforms in its class.

3) China won't finance PAF for the Russian bird, and would wants its own product to be inducted by the PAF.

It depends upon the requirement and need in arena and as soon as finds the suitable platform, we will be going for the same and wouldn't matter whether from China or (Speculatively) from Russia. Even if it was to be required and becomes must to have a flanker, who knows that Pakistan with the help of China, might ask Russia and come to a solution for leverage and relief in term of NOC to acquire Chinese Flanker. In the end, I would say, let the Rafale be done. Rest about Chinese Financing, many are unaware the level of Pak-China relations.

Chal karak Quetawal ki Chaye peetay hain, bohat batain kar li. :-)

Is there any evaluations of availability rates for PAF platforms by any internal auditing agency?
Im hoping there is soon as the parliamentary committee was supposed to have been handed this report. Since the availability of F-16s is supposedly on par with that of the USAF due to the spare hoarding the PAF did after 9/11, but that of the Mirage and F-7 fleets needs to be looked at. The JF-17's availability is not yet known and I am sceptical of the PAF claims. @Bilal Khan 777

SU-37 was nothing but a tech demonstrator for thrust vectoring and other technologies, the SU-35 is the real deal and the S variant is the most advanced export fighter the country has on offer. My only concern is maintenance, its too heavy and expensive which may result in less sortie generation.

Unless inducted in good numbers, there is no point in getting these huge and expensive birds apart from projection of power.

F-6 was also considered same but PAF maintained those well. If purchased, PAF will look and solve all matters like these before putting an order.

As far as SU-35 is concerned, I don't think it is going to come to Pakistan because :---

1) It niether fulfils Pakistani Doctorine, niether did PAF could effort it in number.

2) India is going for the Super Sukhoi upgrade, which will make each of its MKI at par with the SU-35.

3) China won't finance PAF for the Russian bird, and would wants its own product to be inducted by the PAF.

I can assure you that SU's are coming. Go through years of my posting history and read through my predictions and analysis. I've yet to be wrong as I write after I confirm with multiple sources that are usually closed in on that specific issue. So just like that, the SU's are coming. Its a matter of when, not if.

At this point, Russia's feelings about India (I am using a Russian source, "if one woman want to sleep with five men, then why would the five men not want to sleep with five more women"?). In other words, India's lost its "the only" largest buyer status with the Russians and the Europeans. China is much closer to Russia than India is at this point, and India is to the US vs. the Chinese. So the Russians will have no objections from that standpoint. You'd be acting like a fool if you thought India can influence Russia against the Pakistani purchases of Russian defense artifacts.

China doesn't need to finance anything for Pakistan. Pakistan's savings reserves are close to $ 25 billion now. Their taxation has picked up and its close to 4 trillion rupees and their fiscal year started one month ago in August!! So expect about 8 more trillions or more by the end of next July, plus a kick start in the economy next year as CPEC phase I will have a soft launch with a dozen big power producing projects.

So all of this means, Pakistan can, herself, finance a $ 2-4 or 5 billion dollar deal. It won't be money paid tomorrow, it would be money paid over the lifetime of the deal (3-5 years). That's like $ 1 to $ 1.5 billion a year per installment meaning nothing for a fast growing economy. I hope I clarified some fog you had in your mind about this topic :enjoy:

Last edited:
Talk with Guy who is serving officer a Mirage Pilot According to him ACM visit was all about SU 35 and very fruitful on that Regard He was Hopeful his Word was fingercrossed

Talk with Guy who is serving officer a Mirage Pilot According to him ACM visit was all about SU 35 and very fruitful on that Regard He was Hopeful his Word was fingercrossed

I had similar comments from mirage pilot few months back on twitter.

It all depends on how many SU-35 pakistan needs..and the delivery time, since Russia is building them for its own airforce, For China, Egypt and potentially Algeria, but at the end they might be inducted at the same time as the Indian Rafale (if any!)
I think we will hear about pakistan's choice as soon as the French/ Indian Rafale deal is signed

aint coming unless some one pockets in PAF or civialin govt are warmed

You are allowed to keep your negative, pessimistic and sad state of mind. Every big country has commissions involved with deals. You think the F-16 didn't have any? Look how that platform has served you. Sometimes, you got to ignore the drama and focus on what something does for the country. SU-35, the second it lands, will take the PAF leaps and bounds ahead of where it is today. Anyone involved in corruption, can be prosecuted later. But the jet provides serious offensive capability the second it lands with the PAF's pilots flying it :enjoy:.

In the US, we often talk about "risk vs. benefit ratio". You guys should start doing that too. No society is 100% free of corruption. Not even the UK that your IK loves to talk about and it makes me laugh as he has no idea how corrupt the UK's system is too. Corruption comes from humans living all across the universe, it can be minimized with a well working system but never eliminated.

You can't stop a nation or airforce's entire capability because some fools will make a few millions. Just saying!!

Last edited:
I had similar comments from mirage pilot few months back on twitter.
we Follow the same guy i beleive ? Riz @ ifighter pilot i asked him specific that what he gave me Answer u jnow he cant talk all Secrets .

It all depends on how many SU-35 pakistan needs..and the delivery time, since Russia is building them for its own airforce, For China, Egypt and potentially Algeria, but at the end they might be inducted at the same time as the Indian Rafale (if any!)
I think we will hear about pakistan's choice as soon as the French/ Indian Rafale deal is signed
Only China and Pak for Su 35 Eygpt for Mig 35 Algeria Su 34 fullback i hope i will correct .

we Follow the same guy i beleive ? Riz @ ifighter pilot i asked him specific that what he gave me Answer u jnow he cant talk all Secrets .

Only China and Pak for Su 35 Eygpt for Mig 35 Algeria Su 34 fullback i hope i will correct .
Both Algeria and Egypt are negotiating for the SU-35,(As of 2015) Algeria has tested it (SU-35), it has already signed for SU-32/34 but not ordered SU-35 yet, Egypt, I heard has signed a deal for 29 according to the official Egyptian TV chanel..

Both Algeria and Egypt are negotiating for the SU-35,(As of 2015) Algeria has tested it (SU-35), it has already signed for SU-32/34 but not ordered SU-35 yet, Egypt, I heard has signed a deal for 29 according to the official Egyptian TV chanel..
How Many jets Eygpt wants they getting Mig 35 now Su 35 Rafale more F 16

Back
Top Bottom