What's new

Indus Valley Civ people diet dominated by beef and other meat, finds study

Maira La

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

Even Niraj Rai and Vasant Shinde, government sponsored Hindutva so-called 'researchers', agree!

So what do we have here.. IVC people buried their dead in graves and ate beef.. sounds very Hindu!

Its confirmed that in Ancient times in All a India especially porehet, Brahmin, kastheri ate Beef and other meat

Not just IVC. The Kshatriya Deva [Sharif] and original Brahman Arya were beef and meat eaters in Vedic era. Hindus have a dangerous misunderstanding of people, history, religion and nationalism.

I think the beef taboo stemmed from the use of cattle for tilling. For large agrarian societies, cattle were pretty much tractor analogues. How they became holy symbols, however, is an interesting topic worth investigating.

Hinduism is a Scythian usurpation of the Veda.

The Conversation.com

Title: Hinduism and its complicated history with cows (and people who eat them).
Wendy Doniger, University of Chicago

"In the time of ... the Rig Veda (c. 1500 B.C.), cow meat was consumed ... Vedic Indians generally ate the castrated steers, but they would eat the female of the species during rituals or when welcoming a guest ... Ancient ritual texts known as Brahmanas (c. 900 B.C.) and other texts that taught religious duty (dharma), from the third century B.C., say that a bull or cow should be killed to be eaten when a guest arrives."

It changed with the arrival of Scythians: "The Mahabharata (composed between 300 B.C. and A.D. 300) ... explained the transition to the non eating of cows in a famous myth ... Some dharma texts composed in this same period insist that cows should not be eaten."

The Kshatriya Deva [Sharif] and original Brahman
:lol:what?
I think the beef taboo stemmed from the use of cattle for tilling. For large agrarian societies, cattle were pretty much tractor analogues. How they became holy symbols, however, is an interesting topic worth investigating.
No, but with the consumption of cow milk. It became awkward that we consume milk of the cow, and then consume its meat. Then the practice was banned altogether. Tilling was mostly with the help of Bulls...

Last edited:
Wikipedia: "Indo-Scythians (also called Indo-Sakas) were a group of nomadic Iranian peoples of Saka and Scythian origin who migrated from Central Asia southward into northern and western regions of ancient India from the middle of the 2nd century BCE to the 4th century CE."

Already discussed it on another thread. I actually think Scythians began arriving 4-500 BCE, earlier than Wikipedia says. In any case, Hindustani history precedes the Scythians by atleast a thousand years. Scythians arrived in waves, many tribes came over the next thousand years. Bharati identity is Scythian clan based.

Wikipedia: "Indo-Scythians (also called Indo-Sakas) were a group of nomadic Iranian peoples of Saka and Scythian origin who migrated from Central Asia southward into northern and western regions of ancient India from the middle of the 2nd century BCE to the 4th century CE."

Already discussed it on another thread. I actually think Scythians began arriving 4-500 BCE, earlier than Wikipedia says. In any case, Hindustani history precedes the Scythians by atleast a thousand years. Scythians arrived in waves, many tribes came over the next thousand years. Bharati identity is Scythian clan based.
No. Bharatas were a vedic tribe. Besides I wasnt talking about them. But my question was what is Khatriya Deva sharif stuff? Thats new for me, of all the revisionist claims.

IVC people buried their dead in graves

Concept which was followed from the days of Adam, IVC came into being in between the timelines of Prophet Noah and Prophet Abraham AS i.e. 3000 BC. Don't know when hindus started burning their deads ? will be interesting info if anyone can have some details on it.

Last edited:
No. Bharatas were a vedic tribe. Besides I wasnt talking about them. But my question was what is Khatriya Deva sharif stuff? Thats new for me, of all the revisionist claims.
Bharata were Scythian. They appropriated the Veda. Original Hindustani do not call themselves Bharati. Mahabharat relates to you. Ramayan relates to me. The Kshatriya Deva [Sharif] were originally from Ur, Sumeria.

Even Niraj Rai and Vasant Shinde, government sponsored Hindutva so-called 'researchers', agree!

So what do we have here.. IVC people buried their dead in graves and ate beef.. sounds very Hindu!

This is proven by well documented research.

Hindus in ancient times (like at IVC time) did eat beef. I confirmed this with liberal Hindu colleagues while discussing Modi and Hindutva.

Prohibition of beef and revering cows is a very recent phenomenon, probably established on the behalf of Purohits and Brahmins by shortage of bulls needed for draft animal and tillage use.

Bharata were Scythian. They appropriated the Veda. Original Hindustani do not call themselves Bharati. Mahabharat relates to you. Ramayan relates to me. The Kshatriya Deva [Sharif] were originally from Ur, Sumeria.
Again no, Bharatas were a vedic tribe they are mentioned in Rig Veda before Scynthians. But I like this new story you invented :enjoy: I learn many alternative histories in PDF.

There is no mention of something called Sharif in any of our historic texts or documents who are they?

Back
Top Bottom