What's new

Indonesia's PT PAL Shipyard Won Contract for Philippines Navy MRV ships.

Fair enough.

China makes a strategic move to have most, if not all, important military components to be indigenously made to prevent foreign weapon sanction in a potential war. I believe at the current level of Indonesia's weapon industry, certain component is still challenging to produce domestically, whether it is the weaknesses in technical expertise or cost concern. It is not to say Indonesia cannot improve on this at future time but I seriously doubt they will ever reach USA/Russia/China level of art craft simply because Indonesia does not have enough capital and the will. But I can be wrong.

You are partly right, every development needs the will and a certain purpose. Japan's and Korea's technological advancement is ahead of Indonesia, yet much of their military product are still using foreign components, that's because Japan nor Korea doesn't have any will to challenge Super Power countries.

But your country is on the right track if those old fools maintain our old capabilities we would be able to build this project ourselves but any how congrats for Indonesia for winning i hope both sides don't screw this deal over just like what happen to the Italian deal which was sweet. Anyway for the Non Imperials (nothing to be gain from you type of people anyway) here can tell the time frame for the building time? is like the same building type of the Indonesia SSV's like 3 to 4 years or i here it will be just small so maybe 2-3 years? can anyone my naval knowledge is a bit lacking

Back
Top Bottom