What's new

#Indonesia's PT PAL receives orders for warships from foreign countries, #Myanmar and #Turkey intere

this one is designed by a sweden based company , and if i am not mistaken one ship have burnt in the shore while installation of equipments being done, as a last matter, survivability of tri hulls are being discussed along naval architectures, even USA is getting upset of their Trihull LCS :)

North Sea Boats - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

North Sea Boats is an international boat building company specialized in building craft for military, law enforcement, SAR commercial, and high performance applications.The company has presence in Sweden, Singapore and Indonesia, with headquarter located at Banyuwangi East Java Indonesia. North Sea Boats was founded in 2003 by John and Lizza Lundin as a trading name for PT. Lundin Industry Invest.[7]

i have quite information about the company,and the reason its located HQ in indonesia to have interests on south east asia.
If you check the link you gave to me,it will be more clear for you about background of company , anyway thanks :)

Lundin is an Indonesian lover, his wife is an Indonesian and we are glad to have him in our country

lundin-dan-lizza.jpg

Lundin and his wife

for propulsion systems, indonesia doesnt have a capability too :) , i dont get what he tried to say by "However, we haven't yet know what those countries need or interested in" , we havent interested in LPD, not match with our requirement, and we already have some designs done by our engineers in the type of Makassar , what we need is flat topped LHD kind ship to deploy both in LHD ,and LPD.

i want to ask here, does classification society of Indonesia cover classification of navy ships in Indonesia navy ? or its another society ?

You really dont know us, we do have that capability

You really dont know us, we do have that capability
a propulsion system includes engines, gearbox, and shafts and propellers, for fixed pitch propeller, you may have production,but engines ,i dont think so ( specially in warship ,there are only some countries who can build up engines ) , for gearbox ,its the same . And about shaft and FPP , indonesia might have a production ( i didnt hear for shaft too) .
Already in shaft and propellers we are experienced too, but unfortunately, ships dont use FPP and basic shafts in warship models, its usually controllable pitch propeller and specially built light, and long propeller that can operate both in salty and cold water.

One more point, makassar class is designed by daewoo ,korean shipbuilding company.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom