What's new

Indonesia Economy Forum

b3d4e199-4465-4001-b8e9-be9d8cf09526.jpeg

Indonesia manages Asian Games transportation traffic for 30 minutes
Selasa, 26 Juni 2018 22:58 WIB - 1 Views

Reporter: Bayu Prasetyo

20171024logo-asian-games-002xxxx2.jpg

Logo Asian Games 2018 (id.wikipedia.org)

Jakarta, (ANTARA News) - The Indonesian government has managed the travelling time for athletes and delegates of Asian Games 2018 from Athlete Village to venues in Gelora Bung Karno Stadium, Jakarta, for 30 minutes.

"The regulation has set the maximum travelling time from Athlete Village to sport venues in 30 minutes. As we know, the traffic condition in Jakarta is congested," the Head of Jabodetabek Transportation Management Agency Bambang Prihartono said here on Tuesday.

The agency will control the private cars traffic by its odd and even license plates per day to reduce the congestion in Jakarta.

The system will be implemented at Jalan Benyamin Sueb, Jalan Gatot Subroto, Jalan S Parman, Jalan Jenderal Sudirman, Jalan MH Thamrin, Jalan Rasuna Said, and Jalan MT Haryono.

The management will also divert freight trucks ways from city tolls to Jakarta Outer Ring Road.

According to Prihartono, his institution will also prepare special lane for public transportation in toll roads.

Besides, the Indonesia Asian Games Organizing Committee (INASGOC) is finalizing preparations for the opening of Asian Games 2018, so that it would be ready before the deadline of registration of participants (entry by name) by the end of this month.

At least 20 thousand people would be involved in the opening of the 18th Asian Games at Gelora Bung Karno main stadium on Aug 18.

Reported by Juwita Trisna

(Uu.B019/INE)

Some moron release Arapaima gigas into Brantas river and dam systems around east java, and now those gigantic fish threatening local ecosystem

475e2833-9bc5-4a69-8e09-a0444457102b_43.jpeg

Sejak dilepas ke Sungai Brantas, ikan Arapaima gigas menjadi buruan para pencari ikan di Mojokerto. Ikan air tawar dari Amerika Selatan ini bahkan dijual para pencari ikan seharga Rp 20 ribu/kg.

Tak seperti biasanya, Pintu Air (Dam) Rolak Songo di Desa Lengkong, Mojoanyar, Mojokerto, dipadati warga. Mereka rupanya dibuat penasaran oleh ikan jumbo jenis Arapaima yang ditangkap para pencari ikan.

Tak pelak, ikan air tawar berukuran jumbo ini pun menjadi buruan para pencari ikan. Salah satunya Subekti (45), pencari ikan asal Desa Lengkong. Dia berhasil menangkap seekor ikan Arapaima di Dam Rolak Songo.

"Tadi saya tangkap menggunakan setrum," kata Subekti kepada detikcom di lokasi, Selasa (26/6/2018).

4.Aman Dimakan Manusia
039a994e-668a-4f19-a125-6c7de250d279_169.jpeg

Meski disebut sebagai ikan predator, ikan ini diklaim aman dimakan oleh manusia. Kepala Balai Besar KSDA Jatim Nandang Prihadi mengatakan ikan Arapaimadisebut predator karena memangsa ikan-ikan lain yang berada di lingkungannya. Meski begitu, ikan tak berbahaya jika dimakan manusia.

Apalagi di negara asalnya, Amerika Latin, banyak warga yang juga memakan ikan tersebut.

"Ikannya mirip dengan arwana. Kemarin kita dari BKSDA dan Karantina Ikan melakukan sosialisasi ke masyarakat bahwa ikan ini tidak berbahaya untuk dikonsumsi manusia. Di negara asalnya dikonsumsi," ujar Nandang kepada detikcom, Selasa (26/6/2018).

3.Tergolong Ikan Berbahaya dan Dilarang Dibawa ke RI
49603410-bf87-43e6-a335-36a0455c2bb9_169.jpeg

Ikan Arapaima gigas diduga dilepas oleh pemiliknya dalam jumlah sekitar 70 ekor. Padahal ikan predator tersebut termasuk kategori yang dilarang masuk ke Indonesia.

Larangan terdapat dalam Peraturan Menteri Kelautan dan Perikanan Nomor 41 Tahun 2014 tentang larangan pemasukan jenis ikan berbahaya dari luar negeri ke dalam wilayah Indonesia.

Dalam pasal 2 peraturan tersebut dijelaskan bahwa setiap orang dilarang memasukan jenis ikan berbahaya dari luar negeri. Ikan Arapaima gigas masuk dalam salah satu daftar ikan yang dilarang itu.

Indonesian Coal Mining Companies in Focus: Aneka Tambang (Antam)
24 June 2018 |
One of the companies, listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange, that is experiencing a very good performance so far in 2018 is vertically integrated and diversified mining and metals company Aneka Tambang, a state-controlled entity. Not only did the company's corporate earnings and production figures surged in the first quarter of 2018 on the back of stronger commodity prices (and rising demand), but shares of Aneka Tambang also soared - by a whopping 45.60 percent - up to Friday (22/06).

Net sales of Aneka Tambang (better known as Antam) rose 247.2 percent year-on-year (y/y) to IDR 5.73 trillion (approx. USD $409 million) in the first quarter of 2018. Meanwhile, the company's net profit soared 3,605.6 percent (y/y) to IDR 245.68 billion (approx. USD $17.5 million) in Q1-2018. These impressive corporate earnings came on the back of strengthening commodity prices and growing demand for metal commodities on the international market.

Key mining commodities that are produced and exported by Antam are ferronickel, nickel ore, gold, bauxite, and silver.

Amid growing demand for mining commodities, Antam's production of ferronickel rose 107 percent (y/y) to 6,087 TNi in Q1-2018. Meanwhile, the company's ferronickel sales reached 5,363 TNi, up 109 percent (y/y) from 2,562 TNi in the first quarter of 2017.

Antam's sales of gold (gold being the largest contributor to the company's Q1-2018 revenue as they contributed 71 percent to Antam's total net sales that quarter) grew 226 percent (y/y) from 2,128 kg (68,384 oz) in Q1-2017 to 6,945 kg (223,286 oz) in Q1-2018. Meanwhile, its nickel ore sales reached 2.11 million wet metric ton (wmt), up 302 percent (y/y) compared to the first quarter of Q1-2017.

Aneka-Tambang-Antam-Industry-Mining-Indonesia-Investments.jpg

Based on a statement from Antam President Director Arie Prabowo Ariotedjo the company is increasingly focused on downstream projects (in line with the desire of the central government to reduce Indonesia's reliance on raw commodity exports). Therefore, Antam is approaching the completion of its new ferronickel plant in East Halmahera. This plant, which is established in cooperation with state-controlled construction company Wijaya Karya, is designed to have a production capacity of 13,500 tons per year. Progress of the project is estimated at 65 percent (per end-May 2018).

Antam is also eager to develop a ferronickel plant on Gag Island in West Papua. The company is now searching for a business partner to establish the plant.
https://www.indonesia-investments.c...mpanies-in-focus-aneka-tambang-antam/item8851

Some moron release Arapaima gigas into Brantas river and dam systems around east java, and now those gigantic fish threatening local ecosystem

475e2833-9bc5-4a69-8e09-a0444457102b_43.jpeg

49603410-bf87-43e6-a335-36a0455c2bb9_169.jpeg

First and foremost I'm not condoning any practice of releasing invasive species into any kind of ecological habitat, however this news has been severely exaggerated by some "hippies / leftist environmentalist" (Disclaimer: I live in Karangpilang / Wiyung area since 1986) And compare to other "predator" species that inhabit the river & swamp system, this punny fish is NOTHING in term of size & ferocity.

If releasing those fish were considered horrible, you won't believe what kind of predator species I had release into the city (Surabaya) sewer system. (it's native species but top predator nonetheless)

Commodity Watch Indonesia: Coffee Production Under Pressure
27 June 2018 |
Indonesia's Agriculture Ministry expects the nation's coffee production to reach 674,636 tons in 2018, up a modest 0.9 percent year-on-year (y/y) from Indonesia's coffee production in 2017 (668,677 tons). If the ministry's estimate is correct, then it would be the second straight year of meager coffee production growth. From 2016 (when Indonesia produced a total of 663,871 tons) to 2017, growth of coffee production reached 0.7 percent (y/y).

Reasons behind such small growth are ageing and damaged coffee trees on Indonesian plantations as well as persistent low productivity (which lags far behind other big coffee producing nations such as Brazil and Vietnam). Meanwhile, unpredictable weather conditions are also an issue, and part of coffee farmers has switched to other crops in order to seek higher yields.

Based on the book "Plantation Statistics Indonesia, Coffee Commodity 2016-2017", Indonesia's coffee plantations cover a total of 1.25 million hectares. However, a total of 158,593 hectares is labeled "damaged". In other words, 12.7 percent of Indonesian coffee trees are damaged and therefore do not produce optimally in terms of quality and quantity.

Even more worrying is that the size of "damaged" coffee plantations is on the rise. Whereas in 2016 the figure reached 145,414 hectares, it rose to 154,540 hectares in the following year. Meanwhile, coffee production per hectare remained low and flat at around 700 kilogram per hectare over these years.

Starbucks-Coffee-Indonesia-Investments.jpg

Irmijati Nurbahar, Directorate General of Estate Crops at Indonesia's Agriculture Ministry, said many Indonesian coffee farmers lack the the awareness or financial resources to invest in the rejuvenation of coffee trees. Moreover, their farming techniques are not efficient. More than 90 percent of total coffee plantations in Indonesia are cultivated by small-scale farmers who own relatively small plantations of about 1-2 hectares, each. However, a closer look at these plantations shows that these farmers are not efficient in terms of planting. For example, part of the land remains unplanted/uncultivated.

In 2018 the total budget for state-sponsored rejuvenation of plantations is IDR 1.63 trillion (approx. USD $116 million). However, only a (undisclosed) portion goes to the rejuvenation of coffee trees.

Meanwhile, the Indonesian Coffee Exporters Association (AEKI) expects Indonesia's coffee production to reach between 660,000-690,000 tons (approx. 11.0-11.5 million bags of coffee) in 2018, up from last year's production on the back of better weather conditions. Exports, however, are expected to decline by around 15-20 percent in 2018, primarily on the back of tight domestic coffee supplies in combination with rising domestic coffee consumption. The younger generations of Indonesians are switching to coffee, thus hundreds of independent coffee shops and roasters pop up across the country, hence boosting domestic demand for coffee.
https://www.indonesia-investments.c...sia-coffee-production-under-pressure/item8859

If releasing those fish were considered horrible, you won't believe what kind of predator species I had release into the city (Surabaya) sewer system. (it's native species but top predator nonetheless)

Foreign invasive species would destroy local Brantas river ecosystem and could bring harmful side effects to the river (spreading of unknown parasites) and the communities along the river that may be depend on it for their livelihood. Those predators are known for attacking human.

Mass production of vehicles to boost agricultural sector in 2019
Indonesia is set to begin mass producing special multipurpose vehicles in January 2019 to support the development of the country’s agricultural sector.

5ad88e04e607c1524141572-preproptotype.jpg

Industry Minister Airlangga Hartarto said in Jakarta on Tuesday that a prototype of the vehicle, called the rural multipurpose mechanical tool (AMMDes), was being finalized and undergoing a trial run in the field in Bogor, West Java.

The minister said the trial run, which began in April, tested the performance of the vehicle's engine, chassis, suspension and transmission.

He said the prototype was made using 70 percent domestic content. “We are cooperating with more than 70 industries to supply the AMMDes components, mostly from small and medium enterprises,” said Airlangga.

The multipurpose vehicle will be launched during the 2018 Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show (GIIAS) in August at the Indonesia Convention Center (ICE) in Tangerang, Banten.

AMMDes is manufactured by PT Kiat Mahesa Wintor Indonesia (KMWI). The main users of the cars would be village cooperatives, village-owned enterprises and farmer or fishermen groups to boost agricultural productivity.

Airlangga said he hoped that the vehicles would speed up the distribution of goods to and from villages.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/...les-to-boost-agricultural-sector-in-2019.html

Last edited:
First and foremost I'm not condoning any practice of releasing invasive species into any kind of ecological habitat, however this news has been severely exaggerated by some "hippies / leftist environmentalist" (Disclaimer: I live in Karangpilang / Wiyung area since 1986) And compare to other "predator" species that inhabit the river & swamp system, this punny fish is NOTHING in term of size & ferocity.

Australia was bought down to its knees by rabbits, and then later by toads.

It isn't about predator species but invasive species.

Foreign invasive species would destroy local Brantas river ecosystem and could bring harmful side effects to the river (spreading of unknown parasites) and the communities along the river that may be depend on it for their livelihood. Those predators are known for attacking human.

I repost my post :

@pr1v4t33r, I've notice you just copy-paste your comment straight from media there. What is your own opinion upon the matter?
Sorry for asking this but do you had any experience in handling or keeping any predator animals before, especially those animals pertinent to "Jungle Survival"?

Australia was bought down to its knees by rabbits, and then later by toads.

It isn't about predator species but invasive species.

Completely agree regarding invasive species, I also had stated that I'm not condoning the release of any invasive species either, however the news is grossly exaggerated (typical for news media).

Sometimes I fancy how long those so-called do-gooder-save-the-earth environmentalist could survive inside Indonesia jungle before they end up inside the belly or being mauled by some animals. (reticulated python, salty, komodo, or tiger)

@pr1v4t33rWhat is your own opinion upon the matter?

My post sum up my opinion upon the matter, which convey rejection and dislike towards ignorant and irresponsible act by releasing invasive predator to the river. We are not talking about just 1 or 2 predator fishes here, but 70 that can easily multiply into uncontrollable number that could create various problems in the future if that stupid act slip by unnoticed.

I give 2 thumbs up to those who bring this matter up to the surface and voice their concern. Destructive ignorance and stupidity shouldn't be excused.

Last edited:
My post sum up my opinion upon the matter, which convey rejection and dislike towards ignorant and irresponsible act by releasing invasive predator to the river. We are not talking about just 1 or 2 predator fishes here, but 70 that can easily multiply into uncontrollable number that could create various problems in the future if that stupid act slip by unnoticed.

I give 2 thumbs up to those who bring these matter up to the surface and voice their concern upon this matter. Destructive ignorance and stupidity shouldn't be excused.
Likewise, the finding of people inserting a breeding-sustainable population of fish all at once is almost like managing to find the patient zero of a deadly disease outbreak.

If it was up to me you'd bet I'd freak out, if none of the native predators target the fish 70 can quickly turn to tens of thousands in a year, and millions soon after. At its hight, there was 600million rabbits in Australia, and once they found a viral control, they estimated that the ranching/animal industry alone benefitted by 1 billion AUD per annum.

Indonesia has better things to do with its limited funds than trying to control an outbreak of an invasive species. I tend to disagree with ecologists when it comes to economic policy, but I'm with them on this case.

Likewise, the finding of people inserting a breeding-sustainable population of fish all at once is almost like managing to find the patient zero of a deadly disease outbreak.

If it was up to me you'd bet I'd freak out, if none of the native predators target the fish 70 can quickly turn to tens of thousands in a year, and millions soon after. At its hight, there was 600million rabbits in Australia, and once they found a viral control, they estimated that the ranching/animal industry alone benefitted by 1 billion AUD per annum.

Indonesia has better things to do with its limited funds than trying to control an outbreak of an invasive species. I tend to disagree with ecologists when it comes to economic policy, but I'm with them on this case.

Heck eceng gondok is one good case in Indonesia, so many river, swamp and lakes become unusable because the expansion of eceng gondok. In turn causing many disaster in surrounding area, because the narrowing of river banks or lakes banks because sediment of eceng gondok remains, causing disaster like flooding and water crisis at long summer. Truly a disaster at worst level.

Likewise, the finding of people inserting a breeding-sustainable population of fish all at once is almost like managing to find the patient zero of a deadly disease outbreak. If it was up to me you'd bet I'd freak out, if none of the native predators target the fish 70 can quickly turn to tens of thousands in a year, and millions soon after.

I would be very suspicious about their hidden motives if they did this secretly. But their ignorant attitude by broadcasting their stupidity on social media showing otherwise. Still, thorough investigation must be done quickly. Meanwhile, people can have some festive distraction hunting this beefy dinner menu.

Connectivity between industrial areas will boost national growth: Minister Hartarto
Rabu, 27 Juni 2018 19:18 WIB - 0 Views

Reporter: -

IMG_2340.jpg

Industry Minister Airlangga Hartarto. (ANTARA News/PR)

Jakarta (ANTARA News) - Industry Minister Airlangga Hartarto opined that connectivity between industrial areas, both within and outside Java Island, will boost the nation`s economic growth.

"If all industrial areas are connected, our economy will become stronger," he noted in a press release on Wednesday.

Hence, the minister expects that the development of industrial area, such as in South Bekasi, West Java, would be emulated in the 100 other areas in the country.

Publicly listed industrial estate developer PT Kawasan Industri Jababeka, located in Cikarang, West Java, has proven able to demonstrate the multiplier effect of industrialization activities that can contribute significantly to the gross domestic product (GDP).

With one million jobs created in the industrial estate, its GDP from the entire area is over US$35 billion per year, or its per capita GDP reaches US$35 thousand.

Hartarto believes such an achievement is in line with the vision of Indonesia`s gold in 2045.

"Our target is that Indonesia`s average GDP per capita can reach US$35 thousand," he added.

Development of the industrial estate is also one of the strategies in implementing the industrial revolution 4.0.

The Making Indonesia 4.0 concept can facilitate the development of industrial zones to encourage economic progress.

Moreover, Indonesia has an industrial corridor in the North of Java as well as industrial areas in Bekasi, Karawang, to Purwakarta.

Furthermore, the corridor of Central Java is in Semarang and Kendal; while the East Java corridor is in Gresik, Lamongan, and Tuban; and outside Java they are in Aceh, Morowali, Bontang, and Bintuni.

Ministry`s Acting Director for General Industrial Development Zone I Gusti Putu Suryawirawan pointed to a spurt in development of industrial areas, especially outside Java Island.

According to Suryawirawan, as many as 10 industrial estates are targeted to be developed until 2019 based on the Nawacita program of President Joko Widodo.

However, currently, 10 new industrial areas are already in operation. In fact, three additional industrial estates will be completed by 2018.

"Three new industrial estates are expected to become operational this year that are the Lhokseumawe industrial area in Aceh, Wilmar industrial estate in Serang, and Tanjung Buton industrial area in Riau. Hence, in 2018, there are 13 areas," he remarked.

In 2019, five other industrial estates are planned to be built.

In order to accelerate the development of industrial estates, Suryawirawan highlighted the need for non-fiscal incentives and ease of investment licensing in the industrial area.

Currently, the Industry Ministry is also focusing on attracting investors to develop the industrial areas.

(Reported by Sella Panduarsa Gareta/Uu.Y013/INE/KR-BSR/A/H-YH)
Editor: Priyambodo RH

COPYRIGHT © ANTARA 2018

Back
Top Bottom