What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

You misunderstand my point bro, please read again my post that you quote. In term of replacing F-5, yup it should, and I support the idea since day one, particularly when we choose Su 35 which I think has already been decided. What I mean should be delayed is the idea to fill another 3 new squadron in a rush. We must wait Su 35 arrival first, testing that plane and see its compatibility with KFX/IFX based on tested performance and consultation with our KFX engineers.

And based on what I can analyze, we are still save until 2024 in term of SCS conflict since all parties, including China needs us. And the biggest challenge that will be facing us is in the time above 2024, in which China might be already a powerful hegemony in Asia Pacific and USA is not as powerful as Today. So we need to fill the gap the USA left and take more responsibility at the region, not relying on USA too much anymore. So we need a powerful and lethal fighters composition that can match and overcome that future challenge.

If later, Su 35 comes up as a very good one, so I suggest to fill all of the new 3 squadron using this plane. If it is powerful enough to face another STEALTH fighters and compatible with KFX/IFX so why not....? Just look at the moment when Arab-Israel war,happen, fighter composition will determine the result, not only numbers. I just want we make sure it can overcome 2024-2030 challenge.

What are you talkin about?.....there is a need to replace the F5 ASAP, so this problem need to be dealt with

Waiting means delay and delay means a shrinking CAP coverage and low readiness

there is also no guaranty that KFX will be on schedule, though I'm fairly optimistic on this program

So your idea on "no need to rush" is misleading and wrong

Last edited:
You misunderstand my point bro, please read again my post that you quote. In term of replacing F-5, yup it should, and I support the idea since day one, particularly when we choose Su 35 which I think has already been decided. What I mean should be be delayed is the idea to fill another 3 new squadron in a rush. We must wait Su 35 arrival first, testing that plane and see its compatibility with KFX/IFX based on tested performance and consultation with our KFX engineers. And based on what I can analyze, we are still save until 2024 in term of SCS conflict since all parties, including China needs us. And the biggest challenge that will be facing us is in the time above 2024, in which China might be already a powerful hegemony in Asia Pacific and USA is not as powerful as Today. So we need to fill the gap the USA left and take more responsibility at the region, not relying on USA too much anymore. So we need a powerful and lethal fighters composition that can match and overcome that future challenge.

If later, Su 35 comes up as a very good one, so I suggest to fill all of the new 3 squadron using this plane. If it is powerful enough to face another STEALTH fighters and compatible with KFX/IFX so why not....? Just look at the moment when Arab-Israel war,happen, fighter composition will determine the result, not only numbers. I just want we make sure it can overcome 2024-2030 challenge.

not a rush, it had been formulated since Chappy Hakim era, and the times has been postponed several times until we get the resources needed to materialize the plan. Do you think we can afford more delay meanwhile we had urgent need to cover all of the airspace we had without straining the already thin asset we had here?

Why stressing so much the compability between Su-35 and IFX/KFX, as you already know, the IFX has different characteristic and logic is very much different compared to Su-35. And as far as i know, Su-35 offer of offset and TOT is not related on the plane itself as our basic manufacturing system (PT DI is reformed and designed toward Airbus technology requirement) and is already different from the Russian Aircraft manufacturing standard and KKIP brass already knowing the facts.

USA gap and weakening force proposition? where do you get the info from? instead they had been posturing and mobilized their asset into ASPAC teather.

You misunderstand my point bro, please read again my post that you quote. In term of replacing F-5, yup it should, and I support the idea since day one, particularly when we choose Su 35 which I think has already been decided. What I mean should be delayed is the idea to fill another 3 new squadron in a rush. We must wait Su 35 arrival first, testing that plane and see its compatibility with KFX/IFX based on tested performance and consultation with our KFX engineers.

And based on what I can analyze, we are still save until 2024 in term of SCS conflict since all parties, including China needs us. And the biggest challenge that will be facing us is in the time above 2024, in which China might be already a powerful hegemony in Asia Pacific and USA is not as powerful as Today. So we need to fill the gap the USA left and take more responsibility at the region, not relying on USA too much anymore. So we need a powerful and lethal fighters composition that can match and overcome that future challenge.

No you are the one who did not understand on the urgency to form those 3 squadrons ASAP
We have too many hole in our air defense cover, you can see this vividly on how often our flanker flew for CAP and interception mission in western and eastern region. This shouldn't happen if we have enough squadron with appropriate role configuration

If we have to wait for KFX then we gonna be in more deficient condition as the existing fighter will be pushed to fly more often and spend its airframe flight hours more than what the AF planner projected before

That situation can and will implicated to future procurement program, since the existing fighter aging faster than what the AF planner projected and probably require MLU sooner or even worse, the fighter need to be replaced sooner

No you are the one who did not understand on the urgency to form those 3 squadrons ASAP
We have too many hole in our air defense cover, you can see this vividly on how often our flanker flew for CAP and interception mission in western and eastern region. This shouldn't happen if we have enough squadron with appropriate role configuration

If we have to wait for KFX then we gonna be in more deficient condition as the existing fighter will be pushed to fly more often and spend its airframe flight hours more than what the AF planner projected before

That situation can and will implicated to future procurement program, since the existing fighter aging faster than what the AF planner projected and probably require MLU sooner or even worse, the fighter need to be replaced sooner

I agree we need them ASAP. We need a very Strong Military so that we have STRONG BARGAINING POWER.

Remember Jokowi statement regarding SCS "..no legal claim.. "? some began to laugh at our military strength and weak airforce because we do not have Bargaining Power. And even said weaker than Tiny Taiwan. We need them ASAP !!!

About KFX.. I dont know why but I feel skeptic about it.

Well lets see, within 2-3 years to come, my guess government will wait (for 3 new squadrons). Nevertheless our disagreement, I hope we can make a good decision about this one, while helping our defense industries grows as well in the other hand.

Just want to celebrate this one first. Hijab has already been officially allowed costume ( for every police women desired to wear that) for our national police ( not only in Aceh, Riau, and Surabaya). Starting Yesterday. :cool:

proxy

240375_620.jpg

Last edited:
Indonesia, the archipelago of the 300 types of sambal. :enjoy:

IMG_1735.JPG

Jakarta should make that into a battle cry or something similar lol :p:

I am eating that sambal with rice now, havent taken breakfast and lunch until now (just coffee), just so coincident ..........

:eek: :eek:

I am eating that sambal with rice now, havent taken breakfast and lunch until now (just coffee), just so coincident ..........

:eek: :eek:

Soooooooooooo, only sambal and rice? No side dishes or curry? o_O:happy: That is hardcore, my friend.

That is like how some Koreans only eat rice mixed with gojuchang (our own condiment made from chili peppers) but no side dishes. Not something most Koreans would do. But, hey, nobody is keeping score LOL

I guess you Indonesians think the same way as we Koreans do. We need those spices in our mouths. :lol: :tup:

Indonesia, the archipelago of the 300 types of sambal. :enjoy:

IMG_1735.JPG

Jakarta should make that into a battle cry or something similar lol :p:

Korean like to eat sambal? I doubt that. Some people say it smells like dead rotten rats. Real original sambal must contain TERASI . you know what is terasi ?? just to give you an idea, Kim chi smell Fresh Terasi smells Rotten.

Well lets see, within 2-3 years to come, my guess government will wait (for 3 new squadrons). Nevertheless our disagreement, I hope we can make a good decision about this one, while helping our defense industries grows as well in the other hand.

Just want to celebrate this one first. Hijab has already been officially allowed costume ( for every police women desired to wear that) for our national police ( not only in Aceh, Riau, and Surabaya). Starting Yesterday. :cool:

proxy

240375_620.jpg

Me too, I doubt that we will buy 4 skaudron before 2019. Where is the money come from? Of course I hope they really buy all 4 skds by 2019 but doubted it.

remember when we buy 6 sukhois? 6 only and sadly it took 3 years to complete. Now we are talking about 64 units. I doubt that. I think the most we buy 1 skuadron SU 35. The 3 additional skd should be for 2019-2024

Last edited:
Agree with you @Indos we will see what happen next, I actually almost get too excited when learned that the airforce top brass start acknowledging the urged to get going with the development of new squadrons in faster pace

I understand that you want more order on KFX rather than spending it to one of these three eurocannard fighters, but these fighters when one of the is chosed by the government will also play a great role in shaping IFX....so You don't need to worry alot about commonality issue between the winner of the eurocannards contest and KFX

KFX is for replacement programme (intended to replace the hawks and Falcon OCU)
F-35 is intended to replace the old Flanker in Makassar, someday

meanwhile there is another squadrons need for Kohaudnas, and likely it will be fullfiled after 2024.

F 35? THATS GREAT, the price of F 35 will been lower. We dont have 5th gen fighter. Can consider F 35. By 2019 the price should be below $100m.

Bogdan: F-35 Costs Down, Despite Worries

#Women empowerment

The girls of Indonesian Secret Service (Paspampres - Indonesia Presidential Security Forces)

#1 Taking vantage point before pres. SBY giving his speech in front of 26,000 Indonesian soldiers during the 69th Armed Forces Anniversary 2014.
ne.jpg

#2 Taking position in a presidential convoy routes during oversea visits
10683858_372277109625062_937932500_n.jpg

#3 Making sure the VVIP tent are safe and 'clean' before the Indonesian Independence day ceremony at the National Palace.
4986437a03d011e380cd22000a9f18de_7.jpg

#4 Taking some undercover walks surveying the location for President visit during oversea assignment.
10467695_319065384925751_1428012002_n.jpg

Martial art skills for hand to hand combat.

poster2.jpg

poster5.jpg

poster4.jpg

posternew.jpg

Korean like to eat sambal? I doubt that. Some people say it smells like dead rotten rats. Real original sambal must contain TERASI . you know what is terasi ?? just to give you an idea, Kim chi smell Fresh Terasi smells Rotten.

Me too, I doubt that we will buy 4 skaudron before 2019. Where is the money come from? Of course I hope they really buy all 4 skds by 2019 but doubted it.

remember when we buy 6 sukhois? 6 only and sadly it took 3 years to complete. Now we are talking about 64 units. I doubt that. I think the most we buy 1 skuadron SU 35. The 3 additional skd should be for 2019-2024

Pak Pur is renown to made an outburst statement regardless any condition and without second though of thinking, very different with Ryamizard who usually made some downplayed statement and almost all of Indonesian Armed Forces modernization programme is be stated by the TNI itself, not him.

Back
Top Bottom