What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Do we still need foreign assistance to design and develop our own OPV? Palindo marines already building 110 meter OPV. and PT. PAL should be more than capable to handle such project with their experience from building SIGMA frigates..

Last edited:
20161026antarafoto-kapal-perang-australia-tiba-dimakassar-261016-dwf-2.jpg

Kapal Perang Australia Tiba Di MakassarKonsulat Jenderal Australia di Makassar Richard Mathews (kanan) bersama Kapten kapal HMAS Yarra-M 87 Lieutenant Commander Jason Mcbain (kiri) berada di Kapal perang milik Australia HMAS Yarra-M 87 bersandar di Dermaga Hatta Pelabuhan Soekarno-Hatta, Makassar, Sulawesi Selatan, Rabu (26/10/2016). Kapal perang penyapu ranjau itu sebelumnya melakukan pelayaran ke Malaysia dan Singapura, dan transit untuk mengisi bahan bakar dan menjalankan misi persahabatan. (ANTARA FOTO/Dewi Fajriani)

20161026antarafoto-kapal-perang-australia-tiba-dimakassar-261016-dwf-4.jpg

Kapal Perang Australia Tiba Di MakassarKapal perang milik Australia HMAS Yarra-M 87 bersandar di Dermaga Hatta Pelabuhan Soekarno-Hatta, Makassar, Sulawesi Selatan, Rabu (26/10/2016). Kapal perang penyapu ranjau itu sebelumnya melakukan pelayaran ke Malaysia dan Singapura, dan transit untuk mengisi bahan bakar dan menjalankan misi persahabatan. (ANTARA FOTO/Dewi Fajriani)

Do we still need foreign assistance to design and develop our own OPV? Palindo marines already building 110 meter OPV. PT. PAL should be more than able to handle such project with their experience from building SIGMA frigates..

The British seems still seeing Indonesia as we are currently live in 1992..........

actually i am more inclined to have Damen Multipurpose OPV design compared to Amazonas class, and for the Hawk, just got rid of them and slowly replace them with F/A 50

actually i am more inclined to have Damen Multipurpose OPV design compared to Amazonas class,...

Damen products are great, but i have concern about the aquisition cost. OPV task isn't that demanding compared to frigate and the like, thus we don't need a state of the art OPV that will cost us an arm and leg. If we can have this OPV designed and built by our local shipyard, maybe we could squeeze few extra dollars to be spent on real frigates.

Last edited:
Damen products is great, but i have concern about the aquisition cost. OPV task isn't that demanding compared to frigate and the like, thus we don't need a state of the art OPV that will cost us an arm and leg. If we can have this OPV designed and build by our local shipyard, maybe we could squeeze few extra dollars to be spent on real frigates.

Cant argue anymore

From the clue here and there we can try to compiles the TNI modernization programme must to be acquired short list

1. Military satelittes (Airbus is the sole winer here)
2. FSV for Army, with badak as an eventual winner
3. OPV?
4. Light interceptor/attack aircraft (hawk AJT and F/A 50, my self personally want to see more GE here)
5. Advance Air Defense and Vommands Frigate programme
6. IFV programme and other command support vehicles for the army
7. GBADS or MERAD
8. AA gun
9. ......

2.jpg

14039181.jpg

Military representatives of Indonesia praised the new Russian armored vehicle for the Marine Corps, which was first exhibited at the International Military-Technical Forum "Army 2016", the correspondent of "stars."

The delegation of military officials in Indonesia to learn more about the new BT-3F, created on the basis of the BMP-3F, which is designed to improve the mobility and security of the Marine Corps units.

This floating tracked armored vehicle aviatransportiruemaya literally created a furor among the representatives of Indonesia. Every one of them photographed with the exhibit, which is presented at the exhibition Concern "Tractor plants".

BT-3F is armed with a machine gun PKTM 7.62 mm, combined with a thermal imaging sight day and night channels and a laser rangefinder. Machine Engine type four-stroke, direct injection, liquid cooled. Multifuel engine, dry sump, naturally aspirated.

http://tvzvezda.ru/news/opk/content/201609081345-uktk.htm

Alligator%2B-%2B15.jpg

related with waterjet house design for pindad anoa that many of us criticize it, why dont make back panel like arisgator do, its good make up for "big waterjet" anoa amphibious have.

Alligator%2B-%2B15.jpg

related with waterjet house design for pindad anoa that many of us criticize it, why dont make back panel like arisgator do, its good make up for "big waterjet" anoa amphibious have.

^^^ Arisgator kit for M113?

That's the answer for Anoa2 Amphibious propeller issue. Pindad need to look at this immediately and implement similar solution on their Anoa2 amphibious product.

arisgator7-f.jpg

Last edited:
It's time to change the CEO of PT DI, he is way out of capable of meeting a lot of demands but somehow always ask for privilege to be appointed supplier of TNI AU. He was even quite annoying by making a lot of statements in media but failed to perform! The last case was failure of meeting deadline for C212 of the Philippines....this is embarrasing....

Totally agree. Although the problem is with Airbus, but in the end, it is PTDI that is being blacklisted by a customer. Not Airbus. Most customers don't care about your workflow. They just want their orders delivered timely and correctly. PTDI must manage their suppliers better.

Indo Defence 2016: BAE Systems hawks OPVs
25th October 2016 - 7:57by in Singapore

BAE Systems hopes to make its mark in the Asia-Pacific region through platforms such as offshore patrol vessels (OPV) and advanced jet trainers, both of which it will be highlighting at Indo Defence 2016.

The builder of Queen Elizabeth-class aircraft carriers is looking to introduce its 80m/90m OPVs to cater to the Indonesian Navy’s need to protect the exclusive economic zone of the world’s largest archipelago.

A Krabi-class OPV is already in operation with the Royal Thai Navy, and BAE Systems signed a

Another key platform BAE Systems is promoting is the Hawk, which features airborne simulation technology.

A number of Asia-Pacific air forces operate the Hawk as either an advanced trainer or light attack aircraft. For example, the Indonesian Air Force has more than 40 Hawks of different variants that were delivered in the 1980s and 1990s.

BAE Systems is optimistic that regional air forces will continue to use Hawks for many years to come.

BAE Systems stressed that it is always ready to work with local firms to provide assistance and to transfer technology and skills. ‘We are talking to PT Pindad to consider ways of utilising the expertise within each company to jointly deliver innovative defence solutions in Indonesia,’ a spokesperson told Shephard.

Both firms are currently working together to provide government and businesses in Indonesia with defences against potential cyber threats too. This is another solution that BAE Systems provides under its Applied Intelligence portfolio.

Snobbish brits still hope to get big ticket items from us after after abandoning our aircafts in Bangkok. Besides, pr1v4t33r is right, we don't need OPV.

Snobbish brits still hope to get big ticket items from us after after abandoning our aircafts in Bangkok. Besides, pr1v4t33r is right, we don't need OPV.

We need OPV bruh, but we don't need overly expensive OPV. We can design and build this at home. PAL and Palindo can handle this kind of project just fine.

Last edited:
We need OPV bruh, but we don't need overly expensive OPV. We can design and build this at home. PAL and Palindo can handle this kind of project just fine.

Didnt the Navy sign OPV deal with Damen? in Singapore i think?

I think if BAE can offer a really good deal with extensive ToT we should still consiider it..

To enhance our local shipyards with more skills, knowledge and tech.. Makin banyak pengetahuan makin josss

Btw whats up with Sukhois? are they gona be at IndoDefence?

Didnt the Navy sign OPV deal with Damen? in Singapore i think?

I don't know. I hope that's not true, or won't materialize. We need to save every dollar to buy more sophisticated war machines.

What we can build at home, we should build at home. Frigate is more sophisticated than OPV. If we can build frigate, then we can build OPV, that's a no brainer.

Last edited:
I don't know. I hope that's not true, or don't materialize. We need to save every dollar to buy more sophisticated war machines.

What we can build at home, we should build at home. Frigate is more sophisticated than OPV, if we can build frigate, then we can build OPV, that's a no brainer.

Yeah i agree with you.. We should focus our budget on the Danish beauty

I hope a lot of major deals will be signed at the Expo next week

14731394_1228263307196111_6039060575453236589_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/7622574837...257483796698/1228263307196111/?type=3&theater

14717224_1230506766971765_1202760314381713061_n.jpg

Kopassus Frogmen. "There ain't nothing we can't do. No sky is too high, no sea is too rough, no muff is too tough! ~ PeterTheSheepDog

PLEASE HELP ME...

32 launcher for SM 2 III A for anti aircraft with range 100 km+... defensive arsenal

12 launcher for RM 162 ESSM for anti aircraft with range 50+... defensive arsenal

2 x 4 tubes for harpoon launcher... offensive arsenal... finally...

The question are... is it only harpoon for offensive ?... can we get our hand on the latest generation of harpoon from uncle sam ?...

Besides acquiring larger vessel than our current state of the art sigma corvettes.... what is the role of our 'gonna be' frigates in the navy war doctrine...

Thanks bro n sis...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom