What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Simplicity and commonality has it own merits

FYI, landing operation is just a small fraction of the whole campaign
Most of the time the propeller will not be used
I'd rather keep the original anoa design, but modified with modular propeller which can be drop when the APC has been landed on the shore
nice idea indeed .
but IMHO...tecnically its difficult to run in the war...to drop the propeller module, while time is very critical in an amphibious assault. need new technological research to get: how to detach the propeller module quickly. the SOP is another problem..cos i think anoa amphibious is not only for water to land role, but water to water movement. i agree in pov that the propeller was too big for anoa...in the same time happy about its speed. so i think make sense if, just reduce the size of the propeller but doubled the number. so it has 4 smaller propeller module. then make mechanical design to those 4 propeller to make anoa more agile movement in the water. so we get nice shape, speed n agile anoa. another opinion? pls wellcome..:D

foto-aksi-sukhoi-dan-terjun-payung-di-pembukaan-festival-f8-makassar-1609080-002.jpg

foto-aksi-sukhoi-dan-terjun-payung-di-pembukaan-festival-f8-makassar-1609080-001.jpg

sumber antara dan merdeka

i agree in pov that the propeller was too big for anoa...in the same time happy about its speed. so i think make sense if, just reduce the size of the propeller but doubled the number. so it has 4 smaller propeller module. then make mechanical design to those 4 propeller to make anoa more agile movement in the water. so we get nice shape, speed n agile anoa. another opinion? pls wellcome..

PINDAD can take the route of VAB MK3 for it's future Anoa evolution as a hint. With better protection, bigger fire power and larger internal space.
VAB-MK3.jpg

I'm pretty sure this bigger platform can hide the hideous propeller under its sexy bottom. Just like BTR-4

btr4.jpg

Last edited:
in reply to @ pr1vat33r

looks very good and tough.
will be great if pindad can route this vab series.

but if you take attention...
its have close similarity with our tarantul.
wheel design and the size, also tarantul have ampibhious feature already. the propeller design was same with btr4..its nice but not satisfied the TNI needed. TNI always need more in specification than usual...
to put existing propeller to vab mk3 i think it need more deep research beside the platform routing itself. will took many time and cost.
i think its easier to develop tarantul to meet the TNi requirement in amphibious ability. because i think our bestfriend korea will happy to have join development with us.

its very - very wet dream
do not pesimistic my friend.
kalibr is as good as option that likely have big chance to join the inventory.

be optimistic.

to put existing propeller to vab mk3 i think it need more deep research beside the platform routing itself. will took many time and cost. i think its easier to develop tarantul to meet the TNi requirement in amphibious ability. because i think our bestfriend korea will happy to have join development with us.

The fastest and easiest way for PINDAD to address the horror look of that giant propellers at the back is by making some decent cover for them. Take a look at VAB MK3. With a bit of imagination and creativity, PINDAD could redesign the propeller to have a much more decent look.

1401006765_03-vab-8.jpg

974ac-anoa2bamfibi_defense2bstudies.jpg

>>> I think this configuration could work for ANOA, just add some small changes here and there... :D
coba1.jpg

Last edited:
do not pesimistic my friend.
kalibr is as good as option that likely have big chance to join the inventory.

be optimistic.

i think navy might prefer RBS 15, NSM, exco, or other western made right now than russian made... its only yakhont

Duterte: Indonesia can chase pirates into Philippine waters

1473434262762.jpg
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, left, talks with his Indonesian counterpart Joko Widodo during their meeting at Merdeka Palace in Jakarta, Indonesia, Friday, Sept. 9, 2016. Duterte is currently on a two-day visit to the country. (AP Photo/Dita Alangkara)(The Associated Press)

JAKARTA, Indonesia – Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has given Indonesian forces the right to pursue pirates into Philippine waters, saying piracy is one of the main problems between the two countries.

Duterte, who is visiting Jakarta, discussed piracy and other security issues on Friday with Indonesian President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo.

He said he was sorry that even shipments of coal from Indonesia to the Philippines are being affected by piracy.

Nine Indonesians are among 16 foreign hostages currently being held by the Muslim extremist group Abu Sayyaf in the southern Philippines, where Muslim separatist rebellions have raged for decades.

In May, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines agreed to carry out coordinated patrols following a series of kidnappings and piracy attacks that undermined commerce in the Celebes Sea, where their sea borders overlap.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/0...can-chase-pirates-into-philippine-waters.html

THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
WORLD ASIA

Indonesian, Philippine Leaders Agree Tougher Line on Piracy, Islamist Extremism
Two nations sign agreement to strengthen cooperation on maritime security in Sulu Sea
JOKOWI-DUTERTE4.jpg

PHOTO: Setkab.go.id
By SARA SCHONHARDT and ANITA RACHMAN
Sept. 9, 2016 11:02 a.m. ET

JAKARTA, Indonesia—Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte and Indonesia’s Joko Widodo on Friday agreed to work more closely to tackle Islamist extremism and crimes at sea, while also bolstering maritime security in a region struggling to fight piracy.

The two leaders, noted for their tough approach to drug offenders, signed an agreement to strengthen cooperation on maritime security in the Sulu Sea separating the two archipelagoes.

Mr. Duterte said he supported allowing Indonesian forces pursuing suspected pirates to enter Philippine waters but, for now, coordination would be the priority.

Speaking to members of the Filipino community before his meeting with Mr. Widodo, Mr. Duterte said if Indonesian forces were in hot pursuit of pirates, they could enter Philippine waters and “blast them off.”

The two countries, along with Malaysia, have been shaping plans for joint patrols and discussing ways to enable pursuits into each other’s territorial waters in a bid to stop a surge in piracy and abductions this year. The Islamist militant group Abu Sayyaf in the southern Philippine has been particularly active, kidnapping Indonesian sailors and other targets and demanding large ransom payments to help fund its campaign against the Philippine government. In recent months the group has executed two Canadian hostages and is holding a Norwegian citizen.

Mr. Duterte, 71 years old, has taken a hard line against Abu Sayyaf, which has declared loyalty to Islamic State and was seeded by al Qaeda in the 1990s. Security analysts have said the Islamist threat, along with the piracy problem in the waters between the two countries, has begun to affect trade. Some coal shipments between Indonesia and the Philippines were suspended following a spree of kidnappings earlier this year.

After a rocky international debut, where his habit of lacing statements with profanity caused U.S. President Barack Obama to cancel a planned meeting, Mr. Duterte received a warm welcome in Jakarta. Speaking before hundreds of members of the large Filipino diaspora at the Shangri-La hotel in Jakarta, he bluntly defended his war on drugs that has claimed more than 2,000 lives since he took office in June, distributing booklets detailing the extent of the problem.

Mr. Duterte also said remarks he made before a regional summit in Laos, in which he appeared to utter an expletive toward Mr. Obama while vowing to push back against any criticism of his antidrug campaign, was misinterpreted and not directed at the U.S. president. “I never made that statement, you can check it out,” he said.

Mr. Widodo called the summit in Laos, which concluded Thursday and included leaders from the U.S., Japan and a range of Asian countries, a success and described Mr. Duterte’s role as “very important.”

Both men have taken a hard-line approach to the drug trade, and executions of convicted drug traffickers have become more frequent under Mr. Widodo’s presidency.

Mr. Duterte avoided commenting publicly on the case of Mary Jane Veloso, a Filipino national who is on death row in Indonesia for drug trafficking.

When asked whether he spoke with Mr. Widodo about the two countries’ policies toward drug offenders, the Philippine president said he would respect Indonesia’s judicial process.

Write to Sara Schonhardt at Sara.Schonhardt@wsj.com and Anita Rachman at anita.rachman@wsj.com

http://www.wsj.com/articles/indonesian-philippine-leaders-agree-tougher-line-on-piracy-islamist-extremism-1473433334

THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
WORLD ASIA

Indonesian, Philippine Leaders Agree Tougher Line on Piracy, Islamist Extremism
Two nations sign agreement to strengthen cooperation on maritime security in Sulu Sea
JOKOWI-DUTERTE4.jpg

PHOTO: Setkab.go.id
By SARA SCHONHARDT and ANITA RACHMAN
Sept. 9, 2016 11:02 a.m. ET

JAKARTA, Indonesia—Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte and Indonesia’s Joko Widodo on Friday agreed to work more closely to tackle Islamist extremism and crimes at sea, while also bolstering maritime security in a region struggling to fight piracy.

The two leaders, noted for their tough approach to drug offenders, signed an agreement to strengthen cooperation on maritime security in the Sulu Sea separating the two archipelagoes.

Mr. Duterte said he supported allowing Indonesian forces pursuing suspected pirates to enter Philippine waters but, for now, coordination would be the priority.

Speaking to members of the Filipino community before his meeting with Mr. Widodo, Mr. Duterte said if Indonesian forces were in hot pursuit of pirates, they could enter Philippine waters and “blast them off.”

The two countries, along with Malaysia, have been shaping plans for joint patrols and discussing ways to enable pursuits into each other’s territorial waters in a bid to stop a surge in piracy and abductions this year. The Islamist militant group Abu Sayyaf in the southern Philippine has been particularly active, kidnapping Indonesian sailors and other targets and demanding large ransom payments to help fund its campaign against the Philippine government. In recent months the group has executed two Canadian hostages and is holding a Norwegian citizen.

Mr. Duterte, 71 years old, has taken a hard line against Abu Sayyaf, which has declared loyalty to Islamic State and was seeded by al Qaeda in the 1990s. Security analysts have said the Islamist threat, along with the piracy problem in the waters between the two countries, has begun to affect trade. Some coal shipments between Indonesia and the Philippines were suspended following a spree of kidnappings earlier this year.

After a rocky international debut, where his habit of lacing statements with profanity caused U.S. President Barack Obama to cancel a planned meeting, Mr. Duterte received a warm welcome in Jakarta. Speaking before hundreds of members of the large Filipino diaspora at the Shangri-La hotel in Jakarta, he bluntly defended his war on drugs that has claimed more than 2,000 lives since he took office in June, distributing booklets detailing the extent of the problem.

Mr. Duterte also said remarks he made before a regional summit in Laos, in which he appeared to utter an expletive toward Mr. Obama while vowing to push back against any criticism of his antidrug campaign, was misinterpreted and not directed at the U.S. president. “I never made that statement, you can check it out,” he said.

Mr. Widodo called the summit in Laos, which concluded Thursday and included leaders from the U.S., Japan and a range of Asian countries, a success and described Mr. Duterte’s role as “very important.”

Both men have taken a hard-line approach to the drug trade, and executions of convicted drug traffickers have become more frequent under Mr. Widodo’s presidency.

Mr. Duterte avoided commenting publicly on the case of Mary Jane Veloso, a Filipino national who is on death row in Indonesia for drug trafficking.

When asked whether he spoke with Mr. Widodo about the two countries’ policies toward drug offenders, the Philippine president said he would respect Indonesia’s judicial process.

Write to Sara Schonhardt at Sara.Schonhardt@wsj.com and Anita Rachman at anita.rachman@wsj.com

http://www.wsj.com/articles/indonesian-philippine-leaders-agree-tougher-line-on-piracy-islamist-extremism-1473433334

I'm glad to see both of these nations strengthening their ties both diplomatically & militarily. From what I've read about Widodo, he seems quite similar to Duterte in terms of how he wants his country run.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom