What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Indonesian Navy Warship KRI Usman Harun 359 today had arrive in Vizag to attend Indian Navy International Naval Fleets Review 2016.

20140929MRH-KRI-Usman-Harun-290914-2.jpg

KRI Usman Harun 359 tiba di India - ANTARA News

Naval Today Mobile

HMAS Darwin conducts passage exercise with International Warships KRI Usman Harun (Indonesia) and KD Lekir (Malaysia). The ships have also participated in the International Fleet Review 2016 in India.
Copyright: Commonwealth of Australia

exercise.jpg
exerc.jpg
exe.jpg

Cakep ya bung tomo class, ehh tunggu PKR turun gunung deh :D

Indonesia-Timor Leste to conduct joint survey on border dispute
Senin, 1 Februari 2016 18:56 WIB | 1.147 Views
20121231RI-Timor-Leste.jpg

The border post of the Republic of Indonesia and Timor Leste. (ANTARA)

Kupang (ANTARA News) - The governments of Indonesia and Timor Leste will conduct a joint survey of some border areas in East Nusa Tenggara Province, which are still considered as disputed territory by the two countries.

The results of the joint research would serve as groundwork for conducting a joint discussion to determine the disputed boundaries between the two countries, Head of the Border Management Agency of East Nusa Tenggara Paul Manehat stated.

"The joint research would be conducted in the near future, involving delegations from both Indonesia and Timor Leste," he noted here on Monday.

The initiative to conduct a joint research is proposed by Indonesias Ministry of Foreign Affairs as in the latest meeting with the government of Timor Leste in Dili, last year, the two countries had not reached an agreement on how to deal with the border dispute.

Paul remarked that the research would focus on some disputed areas such as the Citrana-Noelbes area in Kupang regency and Oecuse and Manusasi in Central North Timor regency.

The research would also involve the traditional and community leaders who have been living in coexistence in each territory in the border areas since their views are necessary to obtain the actual data related to the history of the areas located on the existing boundary points.

"Such concept has been based on the agreement between the two countries. It is aimed at gaining the best result to solve the border issue, which has been a cause of rising tensions between Indonesia and Timor Leste," Paul stated.

Commander of Udayana IX Military District Major General M. Setyo Sularso claimed that there are at least six disputed border areas in East Nusa Tenggara between Indonesia and Timor Leste.

Sularso affirmed that the disputes between the countries are categorized into two types of border problems.

The first one is an unresolved segment, an issue related to the state border between Indonesia and Timor Leste in which the borderline has not been agreed upon or decided by the two countries.

The second one is an unsurveyed segment, an issue concerning the borderline, which has been decided by the two countries, but the people of Indonesia and Timor Leste are unaware of it.

There are two disputes that are considered as an unsurveyed segment. The first is related to an area in a river or delta along the Noelbesi-Citrana area, North Netamnanu village, East Amfoang sub-district, Kupang regency.

The river is 4.5 kilometers in length.

"Indonesia wants its boundary line to be located on the western side of the river," Sularso stated.

However, Timor Leste has a different point of view.

Without regard to the sterile area status, which means there must be no activity in the disputed area, Timor Leste has, in fact, already built permanent agricultural offices, meeting hall, logistics warehouse, rice mill, irrigation canals, and paved roads.

(Reported by Yohanes Adrianus/Uu.INE/KR-BSR/F001)
Indonesia-Timor Leste to conduct joint survey on border dispute - ANTARA News

Indonesian Police conduct daily patrol exercise in South Sudan

12543376_1500081746966192_1808919503_n.jpg

12568874_1065576753472789_1724054993_n.jpg

Watching and stand guard before armored vehicle owned by Egyptian Police Unit

12599013_814852768623108_746497660_n.jpg

stand guards near Market plaza area

12446157_1551334168518465_246169529_n.jpg

All of Indonesian Navy Sigma class corvettes in one frame

12519229_455950011272614_1464454225_n.jpg

Briefing before starting Operation Tinombala

12547689_1248331245184038_1091954891_n.jpg

Indonesian Army Paratrooper unit, after defeating PRRI insurgents in Pekanbaru Riau, found and seizing large numbers of weapons. Most of them is modern ones, like M-1 Garand, M-14, M1 and M2 Carbines, M1903 Spriengfield, Madsen M-50 and among other. Surely you can sure most of them is supplied by US Covert agency like CIA.

Indonesian Light Strike Vehicle (ILSV)
At First, I though it was Uro Vamtac vehicle that was being prepared to be installed with Starstreak missile systems, but turns out, this is another series of prototype's from the lokal industry..

And here's another pictures about the ILSV (Indonesian Light Strike Vehicle)
A2-ILSV.jpg

A1-ILSV.jpg

A3-ILSV.jpg

(C) credits to original uploader

At First, I though it was Uro Vamtac vehicle that was being prepared to be installed with Starstreak missile systems, but turns out, this is another series of prototype's from the lokal industry..

we use Land Rover Defender for starstreak mobile platform.

we use Land Rover Defender for starstreak mobile platform.
Oh, I guess it is Uro Vamtac who are going to be installed, if I refer to the news at the beginning of the contract signing. Then I was wrong, thanks for corrections..

But, honestly, I'm very regretted if we still to use those foreign-made vehicles since we have capable enough to make it ourself. Even we have much more of choise from our indegenious products or prototypes, like the ones of ILSV or Garda/Garda-2 or SSE P2-komando or Gudel and manymore which can be used as a platform! Also we have the Komodo vehicle of Pindad which has been proven to serve as a platform of Mistral-Atlas Vshorad systems.
At least, if the TNI intends to simplify their armoured vehicles into one or two types, depending on their class and missions, then it will reduce the burden of logistical problems in the future..

Btw, barusan saya nemu gambar di internet meskipun hasil editan tapi menurut saya lumayan menarik, check it out:
Anoa editan.jpg

Yah, this is Anoa APC upgrade with 30mm autocanon combined with ATGM missiles..
Damn!!! It looks more greget :D

Last edited:
Oh, I guess it is Uro Vamtac who are going to be installed, if I refer to the news at the beginning of the contract signing. Then I was wrong, thanks for corrections..

But, honestly, I'm very regretted if we still to use those foreign-made vehicles since we have capable enough to make it ourself. Even we have much more of choise from our indegenious products or prototypes, like the ones of ILSV or Garda/Garda-2 or SSE P2-komando or Gudel and manymore which can be used as a platform! Also we have the Komodo vehicle of Pindad which has been proven to serve as a platform of Mistral-Atlas Vshorad systems.
At least, if the TNI intends to simplify their armoured vehicles into one or two types, depending on their class and missions, then it will reduce the burden of logistical problems in the future..

Btw, barusan saya nemu gambar di internet meskipun hasil editan tapi menurut saya lumayan menarik, check it out:
View attachment 292014
Yah, this is Anoa APC upgrade with 30mm autocanon combined with ATGM missiles..
Damn!!! It looks more greget :D

Just look at to the Gempita, some of their variants using Denel 30 mm RWS and Ingwee ATGM and it looks so meany and deadly.

This version of turret from Belgium Cockerill manufacturer left a good impression to me

m02008062000094.jpg

credit to original uploader

Squadron Technique doing maintenance procedure toward CN-235 TNI AU in Halim Perdana Kusumah Air Force Base

12556141_184595221900686_1588821082_n.jpg

well Cakra Class Submarine (U-209 1200)
mqbUPpS.jpg

kok "alert" item di kanan page atas sekarang ga enak yah? harus klik dua kali....

Just a few page back : Indonesia Military News & Discussion Thread | Page 596
rc94j5.jpg

x0xm2w.jpg

But honestly, I'm very regretted if we still to use those foreign-made vehicles since we have capable enough to make it ourself. Even we have much more of choise from our indegenious products or prototypes, like the ones of ILSV or Garda/Garda-2 or SSE P2-komando or Gudel and manymore which can be used as a platform! Also we have the Komodo vehicle of Pindad which has been proven to serve as a platform of Mistral-Atlas Vshorad systems. At least, if the TNI intends to simplify their armoured vehicles into one or two types, depending on their class and missions, then it will reduce the burden of logistical problems in the future..

Pemilihan Land Rover defender sepertinya terikat dengan kontrak kerjasama pertahanan antara PT.LEN dan Thales, Inggris untuk membangun instalasi terintegrasi sistem pertahanan peluru kendali Star Streak. Mirip-mirip kerjasama Pindad dengan Renault, Prancis dengan mengambil Sherpa untuk pengembangan Komodo. Kedepan, tidak menutup kemungkinan kita akan mengunakan rantis dalam negeri sebagai platform mobile starstreak.

Sea Trial ORCA 6001, 60 meter marine and fishery patrol vessel
orca1.jpg

15 second video: https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/12636479_221381671530397_395063345_n.mp4

Last edited:
Just look at to the Gempita, some of their variants using Denel 30 mm RWS and Ingwee ATGM and it looks so meany and deadly.

This version of turret from Belgium Cockerill manufacturer left a good impression to me

m02008062000094.jpg
Yah, and if we look around in the region, seems it's only us who doesn't have a plans to adopt 8x8 platform to accomodate high caliber autocanon. Although prevously there were plans to adopt Terrex, but seems it just only a planning.
But hopefully, the prototype of IFV 6x6 which is currently being developed by Pindad can also be armed with the same caliber of canon, rather than just 20mm..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom