What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Coming into force of the shipbuilding contract of a Tall Ship for the Indonesian Navy

indonesia.jpg

C.N.P.FREIRE, S.A starts the construction of a vessel for the Indonesian Navy. Last July, the contract for the construction of a 110 meters in length vessel for the Indonesian Navy came into force. The vessel will be fitted with a rig type Bricbarca and will have a 3350 meters square sail. Her main purpose will be to train the Navy cadets and she will have capacity to accommodate 200 people on board, of which 120 are cadets in training.

readmore: Freire Shipyard

Steel Cutting Tandai Dimulainya Pembuatan Kapal Layar Pengganti KRI Dewaruci

Tepat jam 09.30 waktu Vigo atau 17.30 WIB hari Senin (16/11) lalu, dilaksanakan pemotongan perdana baja (steel cutting) sebagai tanda dimulainya pembangunan kapal layar latih TNI AL. Pemotongan plat baja pertama disaksikan langsung Dansatgas Laksma TNI Didin Zainal Abidin beserta seluruh Staf Satgas serta General Manajer Galangan Contruccion Navales Freire Shipyard Bapak Guillermo Freire Garcia.

Kapal layar latih yang akan dibuat adalah kelas Bark, yaitu kapal layar yang memiliki dua tiang dengan layar persegi. Memiliki panjang 111,20 meter dan lebar 78,37 meter, kapal layar yang menjadi penerus generasi KRI Dewaruci tersebut, dibangun oleh Galangan Kapal Freire di Kota Vigo Spanyol berjarak 550 km dari ibukota Madrid.

readmore: DEFENSE STUDIES: Steel Cutting Tandai Dimulainya Pembuatan Kapal Layar Pengganti KRI Dewaruci
110m nyaingin PKR :P

CN-295 for AU?
the photo taken by mr Jeff Prananda so it must be TNI AU :)

looks like the Indonesian police mobile brigade (BRIMOB) start adopting parkour into their physical skills.

Demonstration during the 70th anniversary of Brimob.
11116878_1656378927965591_23078366_n.jpg

During training
12120368_436231309916659_646431573_n.jpg

@Jakartans@PkDef there is any plans from police corps to acquire more armored vehicle? All i can see is with their 60 trillion rupiah budget their amassed lot of small firearms and infantry gear along with thousans doucabs.

Kri bung tomo along with fhs hyaena conduct routine patrol in eastern mediterania

DSC_5589-Copy (1).jpg

Credit belong to the original uploàder

@Jakartans@PkDef there is any plans from police corps to acquire more armored vehicle? All i can see is with their 60 trillion rupiah budget their amassed lot of small firearms and infantry gear along with thousans doucabs.

Currently the mainstay of Indonesian police armored vehicle was Barracuda APC 4x4. It was made by two manufacturer in South Korea : Doosan (44 units delivered in 2006) and Shinjeong (20 units delivered in 2004) so there are 64 Barracuda distributed to all regional police in Indonesia. There are also Wolf APC (Originally Israel made Ze'ef but licensed production in Jordania by the name "Vigor" and sell it to Indonesian Police). I only know the first tim we procure 8 units these 4x4 APC was for our Police FPU in Darfur Sudan where the police needs an armored vehicle that originally made for desert terrains. But nowadays i believe there are more than just 8 units for the FPU in Darfur since it distributed to almost all regional police (POLDA) in Indonesia although not as many as Barracuda APC but i think more than a dozen in Indonesia (for example POLDA Jabar has 2 unit Wolf APC and i saw the vehicle also in Papua, Poso and Kalimantan).
Other than that Police has numbers of Anoa APC 4x4 variant. So i think the police could have almost 100 armored vehicles (APC 4x4 types).

As for future planing, last time i know that in early 2014 there are case that POLRI plans to buy armored vehicles from South Korea with budget about USD 64 millions but the plan was heavily criticized by the Indonesian Police Watch (IPW) suggesting POLRI to purchase domestic product such as Anoa from Pindad. I dont have more info about the follow up of the procurement project.
Other than that The Police already have a deal with PTDI for one unit of CN-295.

I think many of budget goes for patrol/utility vehicle replacement if im not mistaken they always have new type of patrol cars at least every 5 years and that take huge amount since it is for all regional police.
Also police invest in training especially for anti-terror/tactical unit like Gegana / Brimob where they using foreign instructor and conducting courses in cooperation with overseas special units like US DSS, Special Forces etc (they even send some Gegana operators to train in Blackwater facilities in US).
Other than that i think the budget is use for modernization in Communication, Surveillance, cyber networks.
As for personal gear i think the police tactical unit like Brimob are now well equipped in terms of tactical gear and weapons. Police Gegana HQ units even look more modern than most of our Armed Force special unit :P

One more thing, if im not mistaken, last year the number of cases solved by POLRI exceeding the budget allocated for investigation and solving cases. So basically they generated their own to fund the investigation of that extra cases.

Last edited:
View attachment 274121

View attachment 274120

Pada bulan Mei 2015, ALIT China dan BPPT/PT.LEN/PT.DI telah menandatangani pengembangan UAV MALE, di bawah pengawasan Kementerian Pertahanan.
Bro, is it ALIT China or Integr-Denmark?
Because according to this news, in 5 May 2015 BPPT has sign MOU with Integra Holding APS, Denmark for joint cooperation in developing new UAV platform. Is it different project?

Jaga Kedaulatan RI, BPPT-Integra Denmark Jalin Kerjasama Teknologi UAV

Why the crews inside the Bung Tomo's Control Room using such gloves and balaclava like those? Anyone can explain?
Thats anti-flash gear bro, same gear used by the deck gunner to protect their face and neck from flame - its not real fire-proof like firefighter gear but enough to protect the skin for a short burst of fire, sparks for some times.
Wearing that gear meaning they are on battle-station (Combat alert). Thats why the light turns red. When threat is over they can remove the gear.

Thats anti-flash gear bro

:tup:

Industry
Korea Aerospace Industries agrees KFX investment deal with Indonesia
Jon Grevatt, Bangkok - IHS Jane's Defence Industry
22 November 2015

1643101_-_main.jpg

A model of KAI's KFX concept at ADEX 2015 in Seoul. Source: IHS/Gareth Jennings

Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) and the Indonesian government signed an agreement on 22 November to formalise proposed investment and workshare arrangements to support the development of the Korean Fighter Experimental (KFX) 4.5-generation fighter aircraft.

The agreement is framed by an accord signed by the governments of South Korea and Indonesia in October 2014 under which South Korea will pay 80% of the costs associated with the joint engineering and development phase of the KFX, with Indonesia paying the remaining 20%.

The newly signed deal, which in essence reaffirms Indonesia's investment in the project, will become operational once KAI formally secures the contract with South Korea's Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA) to complete the development of KFX aircraft. KAI was named preferred developer of the KFX in March, and a contract to undertake the work is expected to be signed before the end of the year.

Under the terms of the newly announced agreement, Indonesia has agreed to invest about KRW1.7 trillion (USD1.5 billion) of the total KRW8.7 trillion in KFX development costs.

KAI said that in return for its investment, Indonesia's state-owned aerospace manufacturer, PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PTDI), will participate in the design phase of the aircraft and produce unidentified components. PTDI will also secure rights to some areas of intellectual property involved in developing the KFX and have access to one of six planned prototypes.

KAI plans to commence manufacturing the KFX from 2025. Company officials have previously suggested that about 250 KFX fighter aircraft could replace the Republic of Korea Air Force's ageing F-4E Phantom and F-5E Tiger II aircraft and, ultimately, its F-16 Fighting Falcon platforms. KAI also expects to export several hundred KFX fighters to countries that include Indonesia.

The KFX is envisaged as a single-seat, twin-engine, multirole aircraft equipped with stealth features, active electronically scanned array radar, and internal weapons carriage.

Korea Aerospace Industries agrees KFX investment deal with Indonesia | IHS Jane's 360

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom