What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

tni-latihan-poso-2015-foto.puspen-670.jpg

Paratroopers landed and continued the "exercise".

303846_tni-ke-poso_663_382.jpg

Under "Exercise", the Marines and Strategic Reserves eagerly to test their skills and equipment in poso

387469_620.jpg

After the "exercise", Santoso's commander Daeng Koro along with several militants who run away from their hideout, shot dead by the Police.

Last edited:
A former Republic of Indonesia Navy Whiskey-class (KRI Pasopati) submarine.
monumen-kapal-selam-surabay.jpg

In 1960's 12 unit of these given by Soviet Union, making Indonesia has the largest and advanced submarine force in the region. A few of these subs was sent to aid Pakistan during Indo-Pakistani War of 1965.

I dont think the word "given" is really correct. As far as I know we bough all of the USSR weapon that we have during that moment, using easy payment scheme.

1610959_1458275974490202_8762633373383299447_n.jpg

Cockpit view of an Indonesian Air Force Su-30 flying over KRI Frans Kaisiepo, an Indonesian Navy Sigma-class guided-missile corvette at the Ambalat Sea Block. A rare moment, usually didn't recorded by Dispen TNI. Pandu Indramanto

I dont think the word "given" is really correct. As far as I know we bough all of the USSR weapon that we have during that moment, using easy payment scheme.
Well we "bought" the subs along with other major arms with almost free payment. Maybe because we're considered to be an important ally for communist bloc by that time, but then things changed not as good as expected...

Hello fellow Indonesian bros, i'm a new member here. And i've been lurking in PDF for...few month. And i'll do my best to contribute in this thread and maybe this forum section

Welcome aboard comrade.

Which Gun is this ?

I posted this picture only as an example to show a good quality camo painting for rifle. This is not Pindad rifle.

Well we "bought" the subs along with other major arms with almost free payment. Maybe because we're considered to be an important ally for communist bloc by that time, but then things changed not as good as expected...

This is the thing that is perceived by almost all Indonesian, that we get the weapon for free, actually we still need to pay them. It is as far as I know from what I have read.

This is the thing that is perceived by almost all Indonesian, that we get the weapon for free, actually we still need to pay them. It is as far as I know from what I have read.
Haha of course we still need to pay. 1 Battlecruiser, 12 subs, Tu-16, Il-78, S-75 and dozens of small arms, how could we don't pay anything. :D

But feel free to correct me if i do mistakes.

Mast module with Thales SMART-S Mk 2 3D surveillance radar for Sigma 10514
pkr2.jpg

pkr1.jpg

Haha of course we still need to pay. 1 Battlecruiser, 12 subs, Tu-16, Il-78, S-75 and dozens of small arms, how could we don't pay anything. But feel free to correct me if i do mistakes.

That was loan, soft loan. Some say that we were able to fully complete the payment for all those weapon relics we get from Rusia just in 2000s.

Last edited:
TNI to focus on local suppliers

Fedina S. Sundaryani, Ina Parlina and Margareth S. Aritonang, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Headlines | Thu, July 02 2015, 12:55 PM

01An-Airforce.img_assist_custom-560x280.jpg

Headlines News
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo says the crash of an Air Force C-130 Hercules in Medan, North Sumatra, is a sign that the country must start building and maintaining its own defense industry.

Jokowi said on Wednesday that he had already ordered the Defense Ministry and the Indonesian military (TNI) to reorganize the management and procurement of military equipment.

“We can no longer afford simply to buy military equipment, we must now move to organizing the weapons and military equipment industry; from design and production to operations and maintenance,” he said after a commemoration of the National Police’s 69th anniversary at the Mobile Brigade (Brimob) headquarters in Depok, West Java. “We must also dispose of all weapons and equipment that are obsolete.”

Jokowi argued that the country’s military could only be in full control of their weapons and equipment if they were designed and made domestically, instead of relying on foreign equipment, which was sometimes purchased secondhand.

“I also want the TNI to implement a zero-accident policy when using military equipment,” he said.

On Tuesday, the Hercules transport aircraft crashed on its way to Tanjung Pinang, Riau Islands, only two minutes after taking off from Soewondo Air Force Base in Medan.

The plane, which carried 12 crew members and at least 101 passengers, believed to be mainly families of military personnel, was built in the US in 1965, according to the Air Force.

Air Chief Marshall Agus Supriatna has confirmed that the pilot, Capt. Sandy Permana, reported technical problems and asked air traffic control for permission to return to base prior to the crash, according to Antara news agency.

Agus denied that overcapacity was the cause of the crash as he claimed that a C-130 could carry passengers and cargo weighing up to 135 tons. Agus also confirmed reports concerning weapons in the aircraft that crashed; the weapons belonged to Army and Air Force personnel who were being rotated.

At the Halim Perdanakusuma Air Force Base, Jokowi attended a military ceremony to receive the bodies of military personnel killed in the Hercules crash. The bodies — which had been brought from Medan to Halim aboard two Air Force aircraft — were officially handed over to their families.

“They died [in the line of duty], along with other passengers on board the Hercules C-130, and left us. We also mourn the loss of civilians in Medan caused by the airplane crash,” Jokowi said during the ceremony.

TNI chief Gen. Moeldoko, Defense Minister Ryamizard Ryacudu and hundreds of members of the Air Force’s Special Forces (Paskhas) also attended the ceremony.

Meanwhile, candidate for the position of TNI commander Gen. Gatot Nurmantyo expressed his commitment to prioritizing the procurement of weapons systems and military equipment domestically.

“Procurement from abroad will only be done if [the country’s defense industries] are not able to produce the necessary equipment,” he said during a confirmation hearing at the House of Representatives’ Commission I, which oversees defense, intelligence and foreign affairs.

Gatot explained that he planned to only procure equipment from overseas if the foreign companies agreed to conduct knowledge transfers and joint manufacturing.

Defense Minister Ryamizard dismissed the idea that it was controversial for civilians to be carried on military transportation. “Civilians have always been allowed to use military transportation. It’s fine as citizens should all be treated the same and [being transported by the TNI] makes us closer to them. Taking a ride in a tank is fine too,” he said.

- See more at: TNI to focus on local suppliers | The Jakarta Post

Hello fellow Indonesian bros, i'm a new member here. And i've been lurking in PDF for...few month. :coffee:
And i'll do my best to contribute in this thread and maybe this forum section :-)
Welcome Mas bro'.. Nice to see more fellow Indonesian joining here..

Pindad FNSS Medium Tank (Indonesia-Turkey joint project)

Medium%2Btank%2Bbuatan%2BPT-PIndad.jpg

Armata T 14 Russian Main Battle Tank

1280px-T-14_in_Alabino_sideview.jpg

Which one is better in term of how they look like.........:D

Pindad FNSS Medium Tank (Indonesia-Turkey joint project)

Medium%2Btank%2Bbuatan%2BPT-PIndad.jpg

Armata T 14 Russian Main Battle Tank

1280px-T-14_in_Alabino_sideview.jpg

Which one is better in term of how they look like.........:D
Armata turret looks so vulnerables, but pindad tank lack of proper protection weighting only 35 ton max, i hope we could develops active protection system like trophy or afganit to be installed on this medium tank, but i like the look of pindad tank more than the armata.

Back
Top Bottom