What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

At front I believe, it can be seen clearer on this model

MEDTANK-1-copy.jpg

MEDTANK%203%20copy.jpg

compared to the AMX's hull

7645C87B-FC1E-4AED-88EA-AF9D8D628AF4_w640_r1_s_cx0_cy9_cw0.jpg

inside leopard's bay is so damn hot, i cant imagine if we are inside small-medium tank with same temperature.

compared to the AMX's hull

inside leopard's bay is so damn hot, i cant imagine if we are inside small-medium tank with same temperature.

I havent been to inside Leopard tank yet, but yes it should be hot inside any tank. But I guest Todays Tank should have addressed this issue better. Beside having Air Conditioner, I guest they do something technical in order to make tank driver and passenger get more comfortable inside.

F16 got tire problem at Iswahyudi Airbase

bcbea8da-bd0d-47d3-b5f9-7730d7c8b8c4_169.jpg

F 16 fighter suffered an accident this morning It happened in Madiun Iswahyudi air base. "Just a little damage, tire problem," said an officer at the air base Iswahyudi.

Last edited:
logo.png

INDONESIAN CHIEF OF NAVY VISITS SWEDISH NAVAL BASE

STORY 23 June 2015
••••

ad-supandi-visit-4.jpg

Indonesian and Swedish delegates in front of the Visby Class Corvette

ad-supandi-visit-3.jpg

Admiral Ade Supandi and HE the Ambassador of Indonesia being briefed while on board the Visby Class Corvette

The Indonesian Chief of Navy, Admiral Ade Supandi, recently visited the Swedish Armed Forces Naval base in Karlskrona in the southern part of Sweden, from 8 – 9 June, 2015. He was welcomed by the Chief of Navy of the Royal Swedish Navy, Rear Admiral Jan Thörnqvist and spent a day and a half at the base learning more about the Composite Ships currently in operation by the Royal Swedish Navy.

The visit also included a tour on board a Visby Class Corvette and a mine hunting vessel. In addition to that, the two Chiefs of Navy also visited the new Naval Warfare Centre with simulators and training equipment.

Head of Saab Indonesia, Peter Carlqvist together with Senior Director, Head of Naval Combat Systems at Saab, Stefan Hedenstedt, also had the opportunity to present Saab’s Naval portfolio and Saab Kockums Mine Counter Measures Capabilities, Composite and Stealth Technologies. They jointly presented Saab’s presence, activities and cooperation in Indonesia as well as the Stealth Fast Attack Craft (Trimaran) turnkey maritime solution to Admiral Supandi.

Admiral Supandi was accompanied by a delegation of high ranking Naval Officers, including Chief of Budgeting, Rear Admiral Agung Pramono and Chief of Operation, Rear Admiral Arie Henrycus Sembiring. Their Excellences, the Indonesian Ambassador to Sweden, Mr. Dewa Made Juniarta Sastrawa and the Swedish Ambassador to Indonesia, Mrs. Johanna Brismar Skoog, also participated in this visit.

Indonesian Chief of Navy Visits Swedish Naval Base

I havent been to inside Leopard tank yet, but yes it should be hot inside any tank. But I guest Todays Tank should have addressed this issue better. Beside having Air Conditioner, I guest they do something technical in order to make tank driver and passenger get more comfortable inside.
Even a comfortable tank like Leopard 2 still very hot inside, can't imagine if we acquire a cramped tank like T series.

How bout take a step further and make it unmanned tank? :)

Need to make a conventional one first.... :cool:

It will be difficult though to use it in urban warfare (probably more civilian casualties), it is more toward whether our doctrine allows that or not. It will also have the possibility to be jammed or hacked easily.

Even a comfortable tank like Leopard 2 still very hot inside, can't imagine if we acquire a cramped tank like T series.
yes, at least most of western made MBT has wider interior design and more comfort for the operator than the T-series., I remember when our former army chief of staff Pramono Edhie, shortly after he followed a test drive of MBT leopard-2, he said that riding of this Tank is like driving a mercedes-benz.. :)

yes, at least most of western made MBT has wider interior design and more comfort for the operator than the T-series., I remember when our former army chief of staff Pramono Edhie, shortly after he followed a test drive of MBT leopard-2, he said that riding of this Tank is like driving a mercedes-benz.. :)
And it's a fortunate mistake that Ukrainian company didn't include thermal imagers on T-64's they wanted to sell to us. Otherwise we'll see T-64's running around at Baturaja instead of Leopard 2
--------------------------------------
Two fully-armed F-16's flying over Ambalat waters, a disputed location between Indonesia-Malaysia border.

credit to original uploader.
f-16arcinc.JPG

China invites Indonesia to participate in military parade

2014051408.jpg

Beijing (ANTARA News) - China has invited Indonesia to participate in a military parade, to mark the 70th anniversary of the allied victory over Japan and the end of the anti-fascist war, at Tiananmen Square on September 3.

"We will invite a number of countries to attend the commemoration and even participate in it. One of them is Indonesia," Vice Minister of the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of Chinas Central Committee Wang Shiming said here on Tuesday.

A source told an Antara correspondent based in Beijing that the Chinese government had extended the invitation two months ago.

"Besides Indonesia, we also invited the Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and India. It is the first time China invited military representatives of friendly countries to participate in the parade," he added.

The organization of the event, which will be the first of its kind, reflects Chinas commitment to always appreciate history, respect fighters and promote peace for a better future.

President Xi Jinping will deliver his address before the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, the Standing Committee of the National Peoples Congress, the State Council, the Central Committee of the Chinese Military and the National Committee of Chinese Peoples Political Consultative Conference.

"President Xi Jinping will deliver his address to mark the 70th anniversary of victory over Japanese aggression and the anti-fascist war, followed by a reception and cultural show and conferment of tokens of appreciation on veterans," Wang noted.

In addition, Operations Assistant of Chief of General Staff of Chinas Peoples Liberation Army Qu Rui stated that the military parade will showcase a variety of Chinese military equipment and armaments.

(Reported by Rini Utami/Uu.S012/KR-BSR/S012)

China invites Indonesia to participate in military parade - ANTARA News

And it's a fortunate mistake that Ukrainian company didn't include thermal imagers on T-64's they wanted to sell to us. Otherwise we'll see T-64's running around at Baturaja instead of Leopard 2
--------------------------------------
Two fully-armed F-16's flying over Ambalat waters, a disputed location between Indonesia-Malaysia border.

credit to original uploader.
f-16arcinc.JPG

what's wrong with the helmet,i mean (ada baretan) ?

Lol mungkin helm lama jadinya lecet-lecet dikit, ato bisa jadi pilotnya pernah nyungsep waktu turun dari palkon, who knows haha

ohhh,kalo temen ane bilang "Itu helm bagian belakang baretnya tanda pilot gerak waktu manuver hi-G" gak tau sih mana yg bener.yg jelas jadi kurang enak dipandang,padahal penempatan kamera GO PRO di backseat udah bagus ehhh helmnya lecet2

And it's a fortunate mistake that Ukrainian company didn't include thermal imagers on T-64's they wanted to sell to us. Otherwise we'll see T-64's running around at Baturaja instead of Leopard 2..
haha.. Yah, its been a blunder for them. I think we are so lucky, at a price only US$280 mil getting a hundred of Leo-2 and half of Marder coupled with cooperation in manufacturing munitions locally, for me it's a best deal procurement we have ever done..

TNI Plans To Purchase CH-48 Choppers

Outgoing commander of Indonesian Military (TNI) Gen. Moeldoko says that the TNI plans to purchase US-made CH-48 Chinook helicopters in 2016 to be operated by the Army.

“The funding is not coming from this year, it's from 2016,” he said in Surakarta, Central Java, on Thursday night.

He however declined to mention how many units would be purchased but said the modern multi-purpose helicopters that cost around US$30 million each would be used as a defense arsenal system in the Army and would be used to move Army personnel and resupply them in various operations.

“The helicopters will be used for personnel transportation because of their high mobility and transportation capacity. It can transport a platoon of personnel,” he said as quoted by Kompas.

Moeldoko said he saw the helicopters’ high mobility when Singapore and China used them to supply humanitarian relief to Aceh during the tsunami natural disaster in 2004.

“Buying the Chinook is expensive, but human lives are more expensive,” he said.

Source: The Jakarta Post

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom