What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

13 raakat praying mostly, in the fist 10 days, all Mosque will be full in Jakarta, so I better do it alone for the first 10 days at home (if I am not lazy of course during that time). In the last 10 days, many Jakartan will be at their home town (West Java, Central Java, Sumatra, Sulawesi, ect) so more empty Mosque at Jakarta during that time.
You should go to mosque every day not pray at home its Ramadan and don't be afraid of crowd man I know Indonesians and Malaysians are far more regular in Salah than many other Muslim countries

Happy Ramadhan brother. In my neighborhood mosque, we perform both 11 & 23 rakaʿat taraweeh prayer to accommodate our moslem community need.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paris: Kellstrom to assist with C-130 transfers to Indonesia

Kellstrom Defense Aerospace has been selected by Airbus Group Asia Pacific to assist with the transition of five Lockheed Martin C-130H Hercules from the Royal Australian Air Force to Indonesia.

Under the agreement, Kellstrom’s Australian subsidiary will procure, inspect, warehouse and deliver C-130H material to Airbus’s facility at RAAF Base Richmond, and provide further support to the programme.

“We remain committed to supporting Airbus and to ensuring the Royal Australian Air Force C-130H aircraft are successfully transitioned to the Indonesian Air Force.”

The RAAF retired its last H-model Hercules in November 2012, and had agreed to donate four of the type to Indonesia, while a further five were sold to the nation.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...onesia-413674/
How on earth you can perform both at same time ? In Pakistan those who follow Hanafi school of thought they offer 23 Rakah 20 of Taraweeh and 3 witr but those who are Salafi they offer 11 Rakah

Most mosque will perform 11 raka'at instead of 23, but it all depend on the imam, and about food i think the most famoust food during breaking our fasting will be kolak...perhaps other like to explain what kolak is :)
You should go to mosque every day not pray at home its Ramadan and don't be afraid of crowd man I know Indonesians and Malaysians are far more regular in Salah than many other Muslim countries

hmm, i would love to sharing more about Indonesian military stuff here, but lately my BF is keep nagging me and told me to give him more attention and time.....

Most mosque will perform 11 raka'at instead of 23, but it all depend on the imam, and about food i think the most famoust food during breaking our fasting will be kolak...perhaps other like to explain what kolak is :)
I would prefer if you post pictures of famous food eaten in Ramadan in Indonesia

How on earth you can perform both at same time ? In Pakistan those who follow Hanafi school of thought they offer 23 Rakah 20 of Taraweeh and 3 witr but those who are Salafi they offer 11 Rakah

That's Indonesia brother, we simply respect each other right to perform our pray. 1st, we perform 8 raka'at shalat (all jamaah). Then we do 3 raka'at witr (for people who want to complete their 11 raka'at taraweeh). We then continue (for people who want to complete their 23 raka'at taraweeh).

hmm, i would love to sharing more about Indonesian military stuff here, but lately my BF is keep nagging me and told me to give him more attention and time.....

haha, take your time. This forum will not going anywhere soon.

Last edited:

I know that performing Taraweh in jammah (group) was started from Umar Bin Khatab, our prophet only did that 3 times (in jamaah).

As I know, it is female who always ask for attention..... :angel:

That's Indonesia brother, we simply respect each other right to perform our pray. 1st, we perform 8 raka'at shalat (all jamaah). Then we do 3 raka'at witr (for people that want to complete their 11 raka'at taraweeh). We then continue taraweeh (for people that want to complete their 23 raka'at taraweeh).
And last request try to take pictures of mosques specially where you pray with people in them and post them here Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee @Indos @Reashot Xigwin @pr1v4t33r @Jakartans@PkDef

For me, it's better to purchase and lisence built caracal rather than purchasing black hawk...
PTDI has stopped the production line of NAS 332 Super Puma to prepare for Caracal license bro, this heli was planned as the replacement for Super Puma as PTDI licensed product.
But just like Super Puma, Caracal will also be the Air Force helicopter specialized in CSAR mission.
It would be the new rides for our Paskhas CSAR Battalions.
While the Army Aviation Corps (Penerbad) will have their own specification for Utility and Assault Transport/MOBUD heli which is NB-412 and the upcoming Blackhawk and (maybe Chinook).

Hey Indonesian Brothers and sisters Happy Ramadan to you guys today you will perform first Taraweeh I know its defence section but you are most active here so Please post foods famous in Ramadan and also tell How many Taraweeh are offered in mosque close to your house and other activities done in Ramadan in Indonesia
@Indos @anas_nurhafidz @Reashot Xigwin @madokafc @initial_d @pr1v4t33r
Happy Ramadhan to you and all Pakistani brothers there bro @Zarvan in here the 1st day of Ramadhan officially start tomorrow so we will have our first taraweh this evening.

And last request try to take pictures of mosques specially where you pray with people in them and post them here Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee @Indos @Reashot Xigwin @pr1v4t33r @Jakartans@PkDef

Initiate special Thread for that bro, I think I have done that last year and I felt bored to do (posting the picture) that again this year. I bet many Jakartan whos office in Sudirman (Our Wall Street :D) will pray Tarawih in Al-Azhar mosque, Sisingamangaraja street, South Jakarta. There will be many pretty girls praying there as well (based on my experience) ......... :partay:

Baturaja, klo ada yang punya video lengkapnya share ya..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indonesia's Pacific islands clout
Fiji: Why We Will Support Indonesia

When we needed support, when traditional allies deserted us after the 2006 events, Indonesia was one of first countries to pledge their backing.

Over the years the relations have grown stronger. Full diplomatic relations were established. Bilateral trade, economic and defence ties continue to grow.

Rosy Akbar, the Minister for Women, Children and Poverty Alleviation, recently returned from Jakarta, where she signed a new Memorandum of Understanding for technical assistance with her Indonesian counterpart. A group of Pacific journalists including Fiji Sun photojournalist Paulini Ratulailai, is in Indonesia. The journalists were invited by the Indonesian Government to have first hand experience of what it tourism industry has to offer.

Last year, Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (SBY), then Indonesian President, was guest speaker at the Pacific Islands Development Forum summit in Denarau, Nadi. His visit underscored the strong diplomatic ties between the two countries.

More than a decade after being severely hit by an economic crisis that also damaged domestic political stability, Indonesia is rapidly emerging as an economic and political power in South East Asia and global politics. It is the biggest country in that region and has considerable potential.

Just like Fiji, some people did not give Indonesia much chance after the fall of Suharto in 1998. There were predictions that the country, the fourth most populous in the world and the largest Muslim majority, would break into small states.

But Indonesia has defied its criticis as it continues to consolidate its democracy. It came at a cost. People died in street riots after Suharto’s downfall. But the following general elections (both parliamentary and presidential) after have brought peace and stability. In August 2009, general elections (both parliamentary and presidential), incumbent SBY was returned..

According to an Asia Foundation report, the elections showed declining support for Islamic parties which, many in the West had mistakenly feared, could take the nation down a spiral of extremism and violence. Some argued that elections in newly democratic countries with weak political and administrative institutions generated an intense nationalism leading to violence and war. But the Indonesian elections have shown otherwise.

Indonesia, instead of looking inwardly, opened up its foreign affairs policy and established relations with several countries. Its commitment to human rights and peace in the region has been recognised by the international community.

The West Papua issue is a work in progress and is still a sensitive one as far as Jakarta is concerned. The situation now, though, is a lot better than what it was. President Joko Widodo, has carried on from where SBY left off.

Because of Indonesia’s profile now on the world stage, Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama will support it in the Melanesian Spearhead Group meeting in Honiara next week.

EDITORIAL: Why We Will Support Indonesia | Fiji Sun

PM: Indonesia, We’re With You

Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama says Fiji will stand with Indonesia on the West Papua issue.

“My stance on West Papua has never changed,” he said.

He said that West Papua was under the sovereignty of Indonesia.

“We feel for the sovereignty of the people of West Papua but we must also remember that it is under the sovereignty of Indonesia.”

West Papua will top the agenda when the Melanesian Spearhead Group (MSG) meets in Honiara on Wednesday next week. The MSG will hear an application for membership from the West Papua separatist movement. A similar bid was knocked back at last year’s MSG leader’s summit in New Caledonia.

Mr Bainimarama said: “For West Papua to become an MSG member, it would depend on our meeting in Honiara.”

Separatist Papuan groups are hoping that the recognition of their identity would come from MSG and they will be accepted as a member. For decades, some have been fighting for independence from Indonesia.

Acting Permanent Secretary for Foreign Affairs Esala Nayasi said from Honiara yesterday that West Papua was among the 19 regional issues that would be discussed. Other issues will include the future of the Pacific Islands Forum, the Pacific Islands Development Forum and climate change.

Mr Bainimarama will lead the Fijian delegation. He will be leaving Fiji next Tuesday.

Ratu Inoke Kubuabola, the Minister for Foreign Affairs, will leave for Honiara on Saturday.

PM: Indonesia, We’re With You | Fiji Sun

Last edited:
Soldiers from Indonesian Army 328th Airborne Battalion prepares to board C-130 Hercules during the Army Joint Exercise in Baturaja, Lampung 2015

Photo credit : antonius ernesto diliano putra
11337159_1588391324747024_1981245493_n.jpg

328linud.jpg

11358239_852243818189402_2058921298_n.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom