What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

President chairs meeting on modernization of military, police
Selasa, 17 Maret 2015 18:34 WIB | 179 Views

Jakarta (ANTARA News) - President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) chaired a meeting here on Tuesday to discuss the modernization of the Indonesian Defense Forces (TNI) and Police.

The meeting at the presidential office started at 1:45 P.M. local time and was attended by Vice-President Jusuf Kalla, Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs Tedjo Edhi Purdijatno, TNI Chief General Moeldoko, Deputy Police Chief Commissioner General Badrodin Haiti, Justice and Human Rights Minister Yasona Laoly, Minister/State Secretary Pratikno, and Cabinet Secretary Andi Widjajanto.

Earlier on Tuesday, the President held a meeting with TNI officers at the State Palace, according to Andi Widjajanto.

"The President discussed with all chiefs of staff from the TNI Headquarters the defense budget of Indonesia, which will be increased from Rp102 trillion to Rp200 trillion in 2017 if the countrys economic growth reaches 7 percent," the cabinet secretary noted.

They also discussed efforts to improve the welfare of military officers, he added.

TNI Chief General Moeldoko remarked that the President invited them to luncheon because he wanted to know the TNIs high-ranking officers better.(*)

President chairs meeting on modernization of military, police - ANTARA News

200 Trillion Rupiah, that's will be around 15 billion US dollar if dollar stands at 12 to 13 k Rupiah like today, not a small number either

Hope next time Jokowi and Our Government use E Budgeting for military procurement to prevent Corruption. Rising defence budget 2-3x will not be useful if the money is corrupted. Previous procurements used too many brokers.

Hope next time Jokowi and Our Government use E Budgeting for military procurement to prevent Corruption. Rising defence budget 2-3x will not be useful if the money is corrupted. Previous procurements used too many brokers.

hmm, not sure as Defense issue is a sensitife area

EC-135

EC135_PK-TSS_05_med.jpg

EC135_PK-TSS_03_med.jpg

hmm, not sure as Defense issue is a sensitife area
Yup, the ministry of defence and the Armed Forces wants that main weapon procurement still be considered and protected by the law of national secret. Of course this still debated between the lawmakers especially in today's anti corruption campaign where demands of transparency for government budget and spending are high.

@Gabriel92, someone had already posted this news a few page back. I don't really againts this aquisition if it's true. But i'm more incline that we utilize our own defense military products since we have a few defense products that can be use as commando scout vehicles. Atleast for the platform, we should use our own defense products. Then we can opt to import your state of art sensors and weapons.

Pindad Komodo
komodo.jpg

P2 SSE
sse.jpg

Last edited:
Ha, after today lunch break, our president has showing his agreement about Reorganization of TNI command structure

by 2019, hopefully we will adding one Kostrad Division, one Marines Division, one Air Force Wing, and one Naval Fleet Command

Ha, after today lunch break, our president has showing his agreement about Reorganization of TNI command structure

by 2019, hopefully we will adding one Kostrad Division, one Marines Division, one Air Force Wing, and one Naval Fleet Command
I think the Marines is the most ready with their 3rd Division - right now they already have 1 independent brigade in Lampung + 1 independent battalion in Batam and the 3rd Marine HQ is near complete in Papua. But of course they have to wait for the 'Big Brother' 3rd Division first :P

Ha, after today lunch break, our president has showing his agreement about Reorganization of TNI command structure. by 2019, hopefully we will adding one Kostrad Division, one Marines Division, one Air Force Wing, and one Naval Fleet Command

Pretty much inline with KOGABWILHAN Plan.. Press on!

Last edited:
I think the Marines is the most ready with their 3rd Division - right now they already have 1 independent brigade in Lampung + 1 independent battalion in Batam and the 3rd Marine HQ is near complete in Papua. But of course they have to wait for the 'Big Brother' 3rd Division first :P

haha, i wish the third Division of Kostrad is Armored Division :D It will be our main offensive forces if we have it and have the mean to cross them over our Islands safely :P

Attachments

• 308553_20150317111627.jpg
    308553_20150317111627.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 50

Its looks very solid and versatile platform but i think our military would go for Pindad in developing the same class of vehicle. I even think PTDI's DMV-30T (Bravo 90 special utillity vehicle) can be the base of such armored scout vehicle for our Armed Forces.
But of course there are still possibility of order for this Panhard's Crab from our military branch especially from Kopassus although not in considerable numbers. Just like when they procure Bushmaster and Casspir MRAPS. Only very limited number for specific mission.

Its looks very solid and versatile platform but i think our military would go for Pindad in developing the same class of vehicle. I even think PTDI's DMV-30T (Bravo 90 special utillity vehicle) can be the base of such armored scout vehicle for our Armed Forces.
But of course there are still possibility of order for this Panhard's Crab from our military branch especially from Kopassus although not in considerable numbers. Just like when they procure Bushmaster and Casspir MRAPS. Only very limited number for specific mission.

Still it will became a good advertizing and credit for the manufacturer to have an army from a large country as consumer

haha, i wish the third Division of Kostrad is Armored Division :D It will be our main offensive forces if we have it and have the mean to cross them over our Islands safely :P
I hope so but i think the main objective for Kostrad, Marine and Navy to have additional Division/Fleet are more for territorial coverage not to add specific type of division.
I prefer Kostrad to add 1 new division and re-structuring all its brigade organization like upgrading its Infantry brigades to Mechanized Infantry Brigades and take 9 of 17 existing Raider Infantry Battalions into its organization so every Kostrad Division will have 1 Airborne Brigade,1 Mech-Infantry Brigade and 1 Raider Infantry Brigade and each Mechanized Infantry Brigades consisted of 3 Mechanized Infantry Battalion using Anoa APC + Badak IFV plus 1 Armored Battalion using all tracked vehicles (Leopard + Marder). I think our Leopard & Marder numbers are enough to create 3 Armored Battalion (1 battalion for each Kostrad Division) with every Battalion have 3 tank company (10 Leo + 4 Marder) + 1 Assault company (Kiser/Kompi Serbu) (10 Marder + 4 Alvis Stormer).

About Raider Infantry Battalion, currently we have 4 under Kostrad and 13 under KODAM, its better for Kostrad to make acquisition of 5 more Raider Infantry Battalion from Kodam to have 9 battalion to form 3 Raider Infantry Brigade for each Kostrad Division. By this composition, each Kostrad Division will have 1 Brigade for Airborne Operation, 1 Brigade for Air Cavalry / QRF ((Quick Reaction Force) and 1 Armored Brigade.
With the fact that PTDI producing good numbers of Bell 412 EP, its better to re-assign 3 PENERBAD (Army Aviation Corps) squadron to become organic squadron under each Kostrad Division to become the backbone of their Raider QRF Brigades.

More suggestion from me is to assign all the Bintuni Class (Leopard transport LST) from the Navy Kolinlamil command to Army Ditbekang (Directorate of Supply and Logistic) for more integrated and shorter command structure providing mobility for Kostrad Armored Battalions.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom