What's new

Indonesia-China Navy To Hold Joint Military Exercise In South China Sea !

Indonesia is a leader because we are the country that often ask to "lead." Like to mediate in Thai-Cambodia border dispute. Or the most famous one is when we have to conduct shuttle diplomacy after the Cambodian fiasco of 2011 just to have Code of Conduct. Or the more recent one like now for example:
Joko Widodo says Indonesia ready to mediate in South China Sea disputes: report - Australia Network News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

It was to Jakarta that many looked to put ASEAN back together again after the falling out over the South China Sea, with a code of conduct to be observed by all parties in the dispute being pushed by Indonesia and supported by the US, amongst others. Active Indonesian mediation in the dispute is therefore widely seen as vital, with this conferring new responsibilities on Jakarta. The years ahead then will be ones in which Indonesia may have to quickly grow accustomed to a new international influence and a new role – both as a champion of ASEAN and as a force for moderation and diplomacy in the face of at-times heated disputes.

Heavyweight: The nation’s growing role as an international mediator | Indonesia 2013 | Oxford Business Group

No country in ASEAN even Singapore have such political clout the like of Indonesia.

I'm not convinced about that, those are small steps. I also read articles saying that Indonesia didn't care about ASEAN and it was actually even thinking about leaving and going its own way.

As I said before, Jokowi is the one man that can change Indonesia for the better and possibly make it a leader, he just got started, lets see. When I see consistent results in the important issues, then I'll be happy to agree with you, but show me the beef first.

Also, in oder to be respected as a leader by the big powers, Indonesia will need to be far more powerful militarily than what it is now and that will take time, but I see a good sign with Jokowi planning to increase defense spending 70%.

INice to see that our diplomats hard work are appreciated.

Nice steps, but you want to step into big shoes my friend, that requires much bigger results.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced about that, those are small steps. I also read articles saying that Indonesia didn't care about ASEAN and it was actually even thinking about leaving and going its own way.

As I said before, Jokowi is the one man that can change Indonesia for the better and possibly make it a leader, he just got started, lets see. When I see consistent results in the important issues, then I'll be happy to agree with you, but show me the beef first.

A small step are needed in the road for enlightenment. Isn't that one of Asian favorite saying & No "I don't care about ASEAN & I want the country to jump boat at the first sign it get." There are others like me of course & the numbers keep growing with help from ungrateful SOB like Viet that keep the numbers to grow.

& Just like a lazy millennial you want things fast & on a silver platter. Have patience... Just like mediating a dispute it will take years or decade before it even grow fruit.

A small step are needed in the road for enlightenment. Isn't that one of Asian favorite saying & No "I don't care about ASEAN & I want the country to jump boat at the first sign it get." There are others like me of course & the numbers keep growing with help from ungrateful SOB like Viet that keep the numbers to grow.

& Just like a lazy millennial you want things fast & on a silver platter. Have patience... Just like mediating a dispute it will take years or decade before it even grow fruit.
just keep your delusion. in reality you are a nobody, a zero.
your currency is collapsing. your ability to finance the deficit becomes a burden. I give you a lesson in economics:

indonesia 10 y bond yields 8.4%
greece 10 y bond: 8.0%
vietnam 10 y bond: 4.8%

you must pay more for the debts than the bankrupt greeks.

Insulting will not get you get you anywhere and you clearly disprove your previous argument that "the others start the trouble". As I said before, you guys are definitely not any better.

Ok, I'm done with the subject. I can see where this is going. Sayonara !

Insulting will not get you get you anywhere and you clearly disprove your previous argument that "the others start the trouble". As I said before, you guys are definitely not any better.

Ok, I'm done with the subject. I can see where this is going. Sayonara !

What insult?

What insult?

How about SOB? I think you are the one with memory problems man.

"There are others like me of course & the numbers keep growing with help from ungrateful SOB like Viet that keep the numbers to grow."

How about SOB? I think you are the one with memory problems man.

"There are others like me of course & the numbers keep growing with help from ungrateful SOB like Viet that keep the numbers to grow."

Dude he ask for it. He keeps on asking the same question every time over & over again. Like a broken record.

Dude he ask for it. He keeps on asking the same question every time over & over again. Like a broken record.

Sorry man, but you already lost the high ground and your credibility here, I was trying to reason with you and the sister, but you guys are the ones creating the problems. I don't need to be a genius to see it.

Sorry man, but you already lost the high ground and your reputation here, I was trying to reason with you and the sister, but you guys are the ones creating the problems. I don't need to be a genius to see it.

Tell that to yourself. I mean seriously SOB is not even an insult now a day.

Sorry, but I have serious doubts about that and when you say "I'm better than you" you are definitely being offensive to the other party.

Frankly, if you were Singapore, I could see you saying that you are better than all others in ASEAN, but frankly, there is only one Singapore and all the others in ASEAN are incredibly corrupted, dysfunctional countries in so many ways and that's a fact my friend, Indonesia and Vietnam included. It will take 2 or 3 generations until all these countries become half way decent, developed countries with a society naturally inclined to a true following of decent standards of social behavior and governance. Japan and Singapore were not done in a day, it takes decades (at least) and the process doesn't start until there is an active educational effort from the top to educate people to follow those standards. An educational process that I still don't see any of these countries starting to do so far, so the clock didn't even start yet.

@Viet You live in a highly developed country, Germany, do you agree with me? I'm not trying to be derogatory to ASEAN countries, but that's what I see.

@Nihonjin1051 What's your take? Appreciate your input.
in western europe, I see switzerland is the best. in SEA, singapore is the best of the group, the rest is just on average or bad or too bad. vietnam still has a long way to go. similar to indonesia. to claim they are the best or leader is just ridiculous. it is as like the turks claim they are the best because their country is big. it is not the size and polulation of a country that matters.

indonesia will be the undisputed leader or even a superpower rivalling china, america and the likes if the country has the population and IQ of the people of singapore.

Tell that to yourself. I mean seriously SOB is not even an insult now a day.

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall: Wow, this is remarkable. OK, case closed. Enjoy your unique version of reality.

I'm not going to get into an insult trading match here (I only do that with chinese, ha ha).

Sayonara for the real final time.

Oh my GOD are you sure you don't suffer any brain damage? It's the same question all over again. Look..... Just search my earlier post it will answer everything.
you are a fool. even god can´t help you.

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall: Wow, this is remarkable. OK, case closed. Enjoy your unique version of reality.

Sayonara for the real final time.

Geez don't you ever have any friend that said it to you?

in western europe, I see switzerland is the best. in SEA, singapore is the best of the group, the rest is just on average or bad or too bad. vietnam still has a long way to go. similar to indonesia. to claim they are the best or leader is just ridiculous. it is as like the turks claim they are the best because their country is big. it is not the size and polulation of a country that matters.

indonesia will be the undisputed leader or even a superpower rivalling china, america and the likes if the country has the population and IQ of the people of singapore.

Then stop asking the Indonesian to meddle in your affair then? Majority of the world already see us as such. This is like talking to a climate change denier.
republican-climate-deniers1.jpg

Last edited:
the writer is an idiot.

the report cites how you interact with china. what has it to do with ASEAN? congrat for late your decision to join AIIB. but has it to have anything to do with vietnam or ASEAN at large? None.

indonesia controls just a tinny portion of the south china sea, how do you want to discuss the sea matter with china? can you stop the chinese if they redeploy the oil rig into our waters? can you do anthing if china invades islands of the philippines? you can Nothing. you have virtually no say. can you stop chinese constructions in paracels and spratlys? I don´t need to answer it.

education is the future: can indonesia lead the bloc? NO, your education sucks (PISA shows it, you rank at the bottom of the list).
No, if anyone is suitable for the job of leader of ASEAN, that is Singapore. they have money, status. you have little money to none to invest in other nations in ASEAN. your status: the chinese begin to like you because you lick their boots. Congrat.

I hope have answered your question.

Sorry but I can't see Indonesian territory at SCS as a "tinny"...

500px-South_China_Sea_vector.svg.png

Back
Top Bottom