What's new

Indo-Pak talks fail; Siachen standoff continues

Well the thing is that the Indian side believe that they can afford to continue the standoff as it has billions of dollars in its coffers. Its economy is strong and vibrant, so it really isnt in a hurry to resolve the issue. Ofcourse, the US$3 million dollar it spends a day in Siachen which comes to more than US$1 billion anually could have been better spent on feeding the more than 500 million indians living below the poverty line and have only 1 meal to eat a day. Obviously, Indans know that if the problem has to be solved than it will lose out as it was the one who occupied the no man's land in 1984.
Pakistan on the other hand has a weak economy and is desperate to solve the issue as it cannot afford the more than US$1 million it spends a day which is around US$300 million anually. That could have been spent on the more than 50 million people living below the poverty line.

Very nice attitude buddy. I really hope that you become a future diplomat or politician. Your insightful thoughts in those few sentences leads me to believe that we all have a very positive outlook for peace in the subcontinent in the future.

Whats source of your facts ? IA spends 550 Million USD per year

An unbiased source.
The Coldest War - Page 3 | Outdoor Adventure | OutsideOnline.com

Well the thing is that the Indian side believe that they can afford to continue the standoff as it has billions of dollars in its coffers. Its economy is strong and vibrant, so it really isnt in a hurry to resolve the issue. Ofcourse, the US$3 million dollar it spends a day in Siachen which comes to more than US$1 billion anually could have been better spent on feeding the more than 500 million indians living below the poverty line and have only 1 meal to eat a day. Obviously, Indans know that if the problem has to be solved than it will lose out as it was the one who occupied the no man's land in 1984.
Pakistan on the other hand has a weak economy and is desperate to solve the issue as it cannot afford the more than US$1 million it spends a day which is around US$300 million anually. That could have been spent on the more than 50 million people living below the poverty line.

Very nice attitude buddy. I really hope that you become a future diplomat or politician. Your insightful thoughts in those few sentences leads me to believe that we all have a very positive outlook for peace in the subcontinent in the future.

Poor is that one who can't afford. Here(reg Siachin) you seems to be poor. Don't mash up with rich people :lol: (Just Kidding)

How could Pak expect a breakthrough if it has nothing to give ?

Does it expect Indians to ignore the losses & expence it has incured since 84 and return from the glacier without Pak accepting and verifying the ground situation ?

If only Siachen was discussed , the talks were not even worth the cost of air tickets to Islamabad - & thats how it shall be till Pak relents.

Expected.. We all know what A K Anthony said in the parliament couple of months ago... Don't expect any dramatic decision on Siachen!!

If true then this sums up India's attitude before the meeting. Why waste your your money and time talking to us then?

Ok... Umm..
So $1billion feeds 500 million poor people in India..!!
And $300 million feeds 50 million in Pakistan..!!??

Y This Kolaveri Di..!! :D

4484c4c0-cd61-48a3-92c0-02f2a644ba32.jpg

It's really sad how many of you like these types of news .. your damn blood rushes to your heard all the way back to your A$$.
Shame really to see how indian friends are so happy not seek peace and friendship and would want to keep this issue at a lock & load gun status. My friends peace is the only way forward for both our nations enough of the blood shed let the children of tommrow live in peace and let live for GOD's sake.

It's really sad how many of you like these types of news .. your damn blood rushes to your heard all the way back to your A$$.
Shame really to see how indian friends are so happy not seek peace and friendship and would want to keep this issue at a lock & load gun status. My friends peace is the only way forward for both our nations enough of the blood shed let the children of tommrow live in peace and let live for GOD's sake.

I do not think anyone realises the relevance of peace more than Indians & Pakistanis.

On the subject, what is Pakistans hesitation in verifying the positions on the ground ? having spent so much &lost so much why would India withdraw without gurantees ? More so in the context of Kargil.

Pak wants the cake at its own terms, this can not happen. India has spent a lot & lost a lot to be where it is now on the glacier.

We cant really afford to leave up the heights which are really at a advantage for indian army vis pak and china...
Indian Army wont relent particularly after kargil adventure by pakistanis..

Very well presented and so true :tup:

Ok... Umm..
So $1billion feeds 500 million poor people in India..!!
And $300 million feeds 50 million in Pakistan..!!??

Y This Kolaveri Di..!! :D

4484c4c0-cd61-48a3-92c0-02f2a644ba32.jpg
Atleast this money could be used to shed some poverty in both the countries

Demilitarization is a perfect concept on paper, to execute it in reality is another thing altogether. Even if the two armies were to withdraw, who would monitor the areas? If India were to try, Pakistan would cry hoarse that India is making a move. The International community has not even taken cognizance of Pakistan's transgressions in 1999. If they were to do it post demilitarization, who would take them to task? Also, considering Sino-Pak relationships, vacating the Glacier is just paving the path for China to strengthen its presence in the area. One can understand the plight of soldiers posted at Siachen but unless the entire Kashmir issue can be resolved, vacating Siachen is just not an option. Any military strategist will tell you that. It is easier to propose plans sitting in comfortable offices without knowing the ground situation!

Basically Indian never wanted nor they want in future peace in the region.........if you talk to them let's sit and resolve all disputing issues with dialogue, Sciachin, Sircrack, Kashmir they will never say yes.............always in Denying mod.......their is just simple thing behind.....they are want to become Superpower in this area (A dream they are living in).........they have problems with all their neighbours...........Pakistan, Sri Lanka, China and Even Nepalis don't like them (Personal experience working with them 5 years).

Basically Indian never wanted nor they want in future peace in the region.........if you talk to them let's sit and resolve all disputing issues with dialogue, Sciachin, Sircrack, Kashmir they will never say yes.............always in Denying mod.......their is just simple thing behind.....they are want to become Superpower in this area (A dream they are living in).........they have problems with all their neighbours............

We already gave a formula of LOC to AB (you cant take it back and we will not gonna give you) its you who still stuck to terrorism in Kashmir

Pakistan, Sri Lanka, China and Even Nepalis don't like them (Personal experience working with them 5 years)

:lol::lol::lol:

Here we are not talking about China ..... :lol: All their neighbor want USA help

Personal ex. ??? WTF :rofl:

feed poor and loose your land by aggressor.. Are u suggesting this??? By the way I will suggest something. How will it be, we will spend money on defense, parallely we will working on eradicating poverty.

We want friendship, but tell me how can we trust Pakistani gov (including ISI/Army) after Kargil??? While Miyan Nawaz was talking bout freindship , His general was planning to stab khanjar in our back..

Pakistan need to act on terrorism to show that they are serious.

"Indo-Pak talks fail" lol, this is news now? Must be a slow news day.
In future for any talks on Kashmir or Siachen or any dispute, Pakistan should pay for all the travel expenses, food and everything for the babooze.

If Pakistan wants our land, they are going to have to fight for it.
Yup. But easier said that done. This isn't 1960's where the pakistan military's vision was the take back kashmir and likewise equipped themselves with state of the art weapons back then, also joining US led CENTO and everything. Right now all they are thinking about is their survival from India's armada of weapons and men. Their strategy has turned to defensive from offensive, the main reason why they are promoting terrorism, or else if they were strong enough to take on the Indian armed forces then they would have done so already instead of promoting stinky-bearded terrorists.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom