What's new

Indira Gandhi assassination scene

Personally, for me, this scene is a bit disturbing to watch. I have certain connections with the Gandhi-Nehru family (not familial, but as part of Congress party).

However, the events of 1984 were definitely very tragic. A lot of innocent Sikhs were massacred in cold blood: that is definitely a bad legacy for the Congress.

As for Pakistan, the events of 1971 aside, Indira Gandhi wasn't that anti-Pakistan compared to the present leadership of India. She had persuaded Zia-Ul-Haq to start SAARC, and wanted friendly relations in the neighbourhood. Let us remember that trade, sporting, and people to people ties between our two countries was probably the best in the '80s. Indira Gandhi was also in favour of a visa-free travel regime in SAARC, but of course, the events of 1984 cut that short.

But, I'm sure there isn't a forum left in either India or Pakistan which would support Indira Gandhi. And some wounds are very deep.

I don't want him to die a martyr's death like Indira Gandhi or Rajiv Gandhi.

He should just die off of old age and boredom.

If US not had intervened after end of war in East Pakistan then She would have attacked west Pakistan although she agreed that war is over, so to core she was full of hate for Pakistan and a moderate face of modi on top.

India was not "created" in 1947

thanks to Raul Ghandy, the congress is irrelevant anyway.

I'd like to see him humiliated further in Wayanad, nevermind, let it be someone way further left of him, a salafist even... lol

The Famiglia is finito, khallas, if you will. :)

My grandpa was a personal aide to chacha in the early days, quit multiple times on ideological grounds and chacha persuaded him back.. still, **** them :) _|_

I don't like in any Gandhi post the Iron Lady of East. Rajiv was a total waste, a driver become king in a day. His policies paved way for such a rocket rise of BJP in India, which changed my country forever. Even he didn't take any action against the rioters.

Nehru was different, has flaws like anybody else. But he gave us the worlds biggest democracy free from military interference, a new outlook for India among others. Present India indebted to him.

I don't like in any Gandhi post the Iron Lady of East. Rajiv was a total waste, a driver become king in a day. His policies paved way for such a rocket rise of BJP in India, which changed my country forever. Even he didn't take any action against the rioters.

Nehru was different, has flaws like anybody else. But he gave us the worlds biggest democracy free from military interference, a new outlook for India among others. Present India indebted to him.

India is democratic because the vast majority of INDIANS wanted it that way. Not because Nehru wanted it that way.

Nehru did his best to destroy democracy by promoting Nepotism and rigging elections. From the day he became President of Congress party with only a SINGLE vote and displace Patel who EVERYBODY else voted for. (hardly the mark of a democrat) to the day he promoted IG as his successor.

A man vain enough to craft a "children's day" on his own birthday and one who awarded HIMSELF a Bharat Ratna. Nehru was a charlatan who perverted democracy to glorify himself and his family.

Last edited:
And North Indians are not Indian?
You used the word "average indian" which covers whole India not just the northern region.

What she did to their holiest Shrine was unforgivable.
Yes it's like disrespecting our Mecca and Madina.
Everyone who does such a disrespect be it harminder sahid or Mecca, signs his own death warrant.

India is democratic because the vast majority of INDIANS wanted it that way. Not because Nehru wanted it that way.

Nehru did his best to destroy democracy by promoting Nepotism and rigging elections. From the day he became President of Congress party with only a SINGLE vote and displace Patel who EVERYBODY else voted for. (hardly the mark of a democrat) to the day he promoted IG as his successor.

A man vain enough to craft a "children's day" on his own birthday and one who awarded HIMSELF a Bharat Ratna. Nehru was a charlatan who perverted democracy to glorify himself and his family.
@Joe Shearer Let me serve this Hindu to you on a platter.

You used the word "average indian" which covers whole India not just the northern region.
Yes, my mistake.

I shall have nothing to do with him. He is a shape-shifter, and totally shameless, keeps crawling back to the forum under an assumed name every time he is expelled. Sorry, someone else's headache. There is a new and excellent crew of senior moderators and moderators; you need to talk to them.

When you say that you serve this Hindu to me on a platter, I hope you mean that for a Muslim to criticise or rebuke a Hindu on a predominantly Muslim forum seems parochial, and his own community should take up the matter. I am a Hindu myself, and I hope you are not acting on the wrong premise that I am a Hindu-hater. Hindutva-hater, yes, for ideological, not theological reasons (they have no theology anyway). While I do not agree that rebuttals should be compartmentalised like this, I mention the interpretation I have made to be sure that you have no mistaken impression, and that your impression is not strengthened by silence.

Yes, my mistake.

God forbid man, we need him alive and well lead India for next 4 years
Yeah i agree the monkey is destroying the basic fabric of India without any assistance. The longer he stays the better it is for us. The artificial State of India will crumble like a pack of cards.

Yeah i agree the monkey is destroying the basic fabric of India without any assistance. The longer he stays the better it is for us. The artificial State of India will crumble like a pack of cards.
You are missing the tree for the forest.

Yes, he is damaging for India as a softpower brand. Nobody will buy the India - land of Ganghi tripe. India is openly flexing muscles, both internal as well as external. And that obviously hurts the soft power and powers of diplomacy.

But he is extremely effective in uniting most non Muslims. And that still is about 84% of the Indian population.

India is actually probably more united than it ever was. Against Muslims (a community of Indians).

THAT is the problem.

Your glee can be understood, but only pitied. Indian Muslims genuinely face a genocide. Many among the poor will probably leave Islam (there are already instances) or consider it seriously. Because people want to live and flourish. There is a growing spurt in the number of atheists among our community. During the Babri Masjid demolition, all of us became more steadfast in our faith. Now cracks are appearing. Some want to be like 'them'.

So no. It is not ultimately going to be great for you if he stays in power.

I shall have nothing to do with him. He is a shape-shifter, and totally shameless, keeps crawling back to the forum under an assumed name every time he is expelled. Sorry, someone else's headache. There is a new and excellent crew of senior moderators and moderators; you need to talk to them.

When you say that you serve this Hindu to me on a platter, I hope you mean that for a Muslim to criticise or rebuke a Hindu on a predominantly Muslim forum seems parochial, and his own community should take up the matter. I am a Hindu myself, and I hope you are not acting on the wrong premise that I am a Hindu-hater. Hindutva-hater, yes, for ideological, not theological reasons (they have no theology anyway). While I do not agree that rebuttals should be compartmentalised like this, I mention the interpretation I have made to be sure that you have no mistaken impression, and that your impression is not strengthened by silence.
What do you think about Rajiv's role in raise of BJP?

What do you think about Rajiv's role in raise of BJP?

Rajiv Gandhi was a train wreck all by himself. He had a major role in bringing the BJP back to power, with his silly, shallow little tricks. If only someone had dropped a safe onto his fat toad of an advisor, Arun Nehru, 90% of today's problems would not exist.

Rajiv Gandhi was a train wreck all by himself. He had a major role in bringing the BJP back to power, with his silly, shallow little tricks. If only someone had dropped a safe onto his fat toad of an advisor, Arun Nehru, 90% of today's problems would not exist.
If I could give you a positive rating.

In fact, why can't all of India return to Islamic rule? With all the glory and pomp of the past?
Note: I am not talking about being ruled by Pakistan.
Why cant India not have rule defined by religion- Islam has nothing to do with Hinduism and Vice versa- (Your definition of glory and past of the past is not acceptable as that was not all glory and pomp for the majority.

The only way forward realistically is UCC- No religion (No caste creed as well), defines the laws of the land. Why would a Hindu who are a majority accept the Islamic way of life-when Hindus dont consider it a way of life?

What makes you so special- You are also made of the same metal, just parroting the other side of the coin- Mine is better than yours-No.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom