What's new

Indigenous Turbofan Engine for Nirbhay Sub-Sonic Cruise Missile Undergoing Ground Tests at GTRE

Status
Not open for further replies.
'so the whole design was adopted for 300 km'.
Doesn't look to me that he is saying more range is possible. Idk where you get that it has more range or 500 km part. And if it did we wouldn't be making LRCM with only a 100 km range boost now would we?

He clearly stated that we settled for design that will give us 300 km ( in fact officially stated range is 290 km for obvious reasons ) so as to honour Russia's commitment to MTCR . He also stated that the range can be increased if required quite clearly . How much range can be extended ? that he did not answer and can't answer. But there are great many experts who believe that it can be extended to 500 km ...
No we are not making Long Range Supersonic Cruise Missile with only 100 km additional range i.e 600 km range .The diagram that I posted was taken from DRDO ppt mant years back when Brahmos was still making progress .

Frankly speaking asides the sole DRDO presentation we have no additional info about LFRJ project in public domain . so we can only speculate . In fact that's why people have confused between Turbofan based Nibhay ( often called as -LRCM -Long range subsonic Cruise Missile ) with Ramjet based LFRJ (LRCM - Long Range Supersonic Cruise Missile ) as in the article OP has posted .

It is quoted that LFRJ will produce missile with range of 1000 km or so ...but all this is a speculation !

at the same time it is inconceivable that when DRDO and ISRO are trying to extend exploits of ramjet technology with their HSTDV and RLV TD projects ...the ramjet technology won't be used to develope next generation long range cruise missiles ...

Actual quote please.

well in the video I posted . he said that the range of Brahmos can be extended .

Actual quote please.
Infact Russian news papers have recently made it cleaer that current lot of brahmos can strike upto 500 km

" The integration of the navigation systems from Kh-555 will turn BrahMos, a supersonic cruise missile, into a "super-rocket" with almost a sub-strategic capability above its normal tactical range, capable of hitting targets over 180-300 miles (300-500 km), from sea, land and air launchers, and capable of being armed with a nuclear warhead, the source said "

http://en.rian.ru/mlitary_news/20121009/176500812.html

BrahMos set to become a “Super Rocket” | Russia & India Report

as you see brahmos despite being one of the best in its class has obvious range limitations due to MTCR restrictions .

so India is exploiting Ramjet know how by developing Long Range Cruise missile ...and collaborations with Russians during Brahmos which helped us master ramjet technology will come extremely handy ...

Guess_Livefist_SLIDE.jpg

we have been using imported Russian engines for the Nirbhay testing . we had purchased 8 engines. they will be replaced by Indian engines subsequently ...

For this DRDO might be developing SFRJ (solid fueled ramjet).

For this DRDO might be developing SFRJ (solid fueled ramjet).

Do not know anything about SFRJ . I guess Akash has got SFRJ ...but whether it can be used for Long range Cruise missiles ...I have no idea .

but Ex DRDO reiterated about development of LFRJ during his talk at IIT B .

plan is to develope air frame and other components from 2007-2012 and testing of LFRJ was supposedly stated to take place from 2012-2017 as in the accompanying slide ...No definite time line has been given since 2012 however ...

we have no formal official input regarding success of Nirbhay engine yet. Yes it is very crucial for it to succeed . To complicate the matter DRDO already went public that Russia has supplied us with 8 engines for Nirbhay ....which is in complete contravention as Nirbhay is 1000km + range missile and nuclear capable one .

we have no choice but to develop engine for Nirbhay successfully . For Nirbhay will be the cheaper indigenous which will form main stay of our missile inventory ..

It is possible that the turbojet engine has been provided by a Russian company: in 2006 it was announced that Russia had agreed to supply 200 NPO Saturn TRDD-50MT small turbojet engines to India, ostensibly for the Lakshya target drone programme.

Indian-made UAV To Become A Cruise Missile | Defence Aviation
Indian Missiles to Take Off on Russia’s Engines - Kommersant Moscow

Last edited:
Nirbhay missile will get Indian engine soon : ADE
283552-nirbhay700.jpg

Nirbhay Sub-Sonic Cruise Missile

Bangalore-based Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE) which participated in Bhartiya Vigyan Sammelan (BVS) Expo 2015 held in Goa confirmed to idrw.org that long-range Subsonic cruise missile Nirbhay successfully test fired on 17 October, used a Russian provided engine and Indian developed engine of similar thrust class is under development .

Russia had supplied 200 small engines of TRDD-50MT type (up to 500kg engine thrust) for unknown Missile project in 2006 and it is highly likely that same engine has been used on Nirbhay missiles while Russia refused to provide production license for TRDD-50MT due missile technology nonproliferation to India, India took up plans to develop one locally for Strategic programme.

Indian engine already has been tested on test bed for maximum RPM and have resulted in required thrust expected from the engine but test was for shorter duration . ADE will be conducting long duration test of the new engine soon at full RPM before it can enter production.

1000km long range Sub-sonic Nirbhay is a crucial missile in India’s Defence Strategic programme and will serve in Indian Army , Air-force and Navy . ADE is also planning shorter Aircraft launched Sub-sonic cruise missile which can be released from Fighter aircrafts like Mig-29 or Sukhoi-30 .

Source:- Nirbhay missile will get Indian engine soon : ADE | idrw.org

You must be fking kidding me....I had always thought this missile had Indian turbofans.:fie:
What's wrong with you people, can you actually make anything? How can you actually be proud of this mssile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom