What's new

Indigenous HTT - 40 makes inaugural flight.

Wow, so adobe should be doing as well as Google, right? It's about organisations, corp culture, values and vision that separates different entities.

Perhaps I wasn't clear, I meant both being Govt agencies and drawing scientists from the same pool of Govt Engineers and scientists

As @Guynextdoor2 has pointed out, I think the opposition (if it can be called that) was with operational requirements of the IAF in mind. As it stands HAL seemingly doing an impressive job in operationalising the HTT-40 so we may have been unduly Pessimistic at the time. HOWEVER let's see how long it takes to get this bird in service on a large scale, the outstanding requirement is quite vast.

I doubt many here are at all disappointed to see these developments, it ks certainly good that India's defence portfolio is growing.

Rather, I see a change in attitude in MoD. How is it change in MoD forces a "non-performer" to perform within a couple of years. Is it possible that the blame was to apportioned elsewhere. I was yelling everyday about MoD back then. As soon as clean up happens in BEML and OFB, D-PSU will fire all cylinders. I told you back then HTT 40 was a low risk project and it will fly within a couple of years. Same thing for LCA 1p, Now it's in HAL's Hands, and give it couple of more year for Parts backflush and line stabilization, we cranked about 4 Fishbeds a month in Nasik, we will crank 20 1p's a year.

Perhaps I wasn't clear, I meant both being Govt agencies and drawing scientists from the same pool of Govt Engineers and scientists
Different agencies, different recruitment, different organisational structure, different core values, different mandate....

I am waiting parrikar to say HTT-40 is a lower end LCA and a pocket size Rafale.

I am sure in another forum, ppl would put the logic that
1 LCA= 3 HTT 40 assuming it's 10 crs a bird
1 MKI = 45 HTT40
1 Rafale = 150 HTT40

So let's buy instead of 36 rafales , 36x150 = 5400 HTT 40.

Arm them with small payloads and swarm the enemies with 5400 of them.

+++

I knw its a Basic trainer but I would have preferred a supersonic trainer say upto mach 1.4 types. Bcz our main fleet OCU versus training regime differential in terms of capability and speed is quite different..

But still a good achievement when they used internal accruals for the project as no vrant was given/sanctioned...

Rather, I see a change in attitude in MoD. How is it change in MoD forces a "non-performer" to perform within a couple of years. Is it possible that the blame was to apportioned elsewhere. I was yelling everyday about MoD back then. As soon as clean up happens in BEML and OFB, D-PSU will fire all cylinders. I told you back then HTT 40 was a low risk project and it will fly within a couple of years. Same thing for LCA 1p, Now it's in HAL's Hands, and give it couple of more year for Parts backflush and line stabilization, we cranked about 4 Fishbeds a month in Nasik, we will crank 20 1p's a year.

Different agencies, different recruitment, different organisational structure, different core values, different mandate....

Fair enough. I assumed there would be some kind of engineer holding pool

hindustan-turbo-trainer40-aircraft-developed-by-hindustan-aeronautics-picture-id540894260

hindustan-turbo-trainer-40-htt-40-india-s-428235.jpg

AA%2BHTT-40.jpg

ClEeI67UkAEm_x1.jpg

ClFL9OwUsAAnzDc.jpg:large

image.jpg

285_Para_HTT40%207.jpg

HIGH on my WISH List when it comes to Defence !!

Top of the List - TEACH Basic aircraft (or any Defence) Words/Terms TO Journalist!!!! :pissed: Don't they have anyone who proof reads this? and the news reader just Parrots what is on the screen .
IT IS NOT CALLED A TUBRO TRAINER!! Saw a report the other day the reporter called Hindustan Aeronautical Ltd as "HAL" as in the name "HAL" and not - "H A L"

couple of Qs from the report

1) The Pilatus PC7 was so expensive is the reason the MoD said yes to the HTT40 ?

2) Has the IAF confirmed they will be procuring this aircraft ?

1) The Pilatus PC7 was so expensive is the reason the MoD said yes to the HTT40 ?
100% CR@P.

The PC-7 and HTT-40 will have very similar unit and life cycle costs and the IAF are very satisfied with the PC-7's performance and operational costs.

2) Has the IAF confirmed they will be procuring this aircraft ?
Yes, an order of 70 has been placed by the IAF but the total requirement for IAF and IN is around 200 such a/c.

@MilSpec @Guynextdoor2 @Water Car Engineer HAL is still pushing ahead with their IJT:

hindustan-turbo-trainer-40-htt-40-india-s-428239.jpg

image.jpg

Let's hope that with the new direction/freedom from the GoI that this trouble child is also made into a success.

100% CR@P.

The PC-7 and HTT-40 will have very similar unit and life cycle costs and the IAF are very satisfied with the PC-7's performance and operational costs.

Yes, an order of 70 has been placed by the IAF but the total requirement for IAF and IN is around 200 such a/c.

@MilSpec @Guynextdoor2 @Water Car Engineer HAL is still pushing ahead with their IJT:

hindustan-turbo-trainer-40-htt-40-india-s-428239.jpg

image.jpg

Let's hope that with the new direction/freedom from the GoI that this trouble child is also made into a success.

Good if they do but a 13 year delay due to design flaws is really unacceptable.

All Basic Trainer Aircraft look almost identical as they have very similar roles/requirements hence convergent design.
I was thinking the same Turkish TAI hurkus,PC-7,super tucano,KT-1 and now this HTT-40 look just fascinatingly similar except for the HTT-40 exhaust placement is a little unusual.IS HAL planning to make a armed version of this?

I was thinking the same Turkish TAI hurkus,PC-7,super tucano,KT-1 and now this HTT-40 look just fascinatingly similar except for the HTT-40 exhaust placement is a little unusual.IS HAL planning to make a armed version of this?

yes. and all basic trainers serve the same set of requirements- get rookie pilots trained, have ejection seats etc.

Yes.

Back
Top Bottom