What's new

Indigenous Automobile Development Efforts

1.6 ton weight old Saab design type 5. With electric propulsion they have to use Aluminium and fiber parts. Otherwise not feasible.Hope they will succeed.
It looks like another disappointment to me, at least for now, thats why i said i will wait for something solid before cheering, thats just another ''Turkish'' prototype.

Implementing a car industry based upon a few parts of an electric car is pure nonsense.

Government should Focus more on heavy work maschines and tractors with combustion engine for international market.

car market is dead. chinese car manufacturers are dying like flies, even Volkswagen did a lousy Job by hiding their secret Manipulation Software. car industry, civil manufacturing industry is slowly but surely dying!

I put my Money on companies like TÜMOSAN and such who produce heavy maschines and niche products.

It looks like another disappointment to me, at least for now, thats why i said i will wait for something solid before cheering, thats just another ''Turkish'' prototype.

Turkey / (H) indi genious - unfortunately .
Remember DELL bought VM ware and their secure Cloud section for almost 100 BILLION USD.

We need INNOVATIONS , true innovations

Innovations are only for world leading Technology companies. we have no such companies. Even our best Company ASELSAN is decades behind companies like Westinghouse or General Electric.

We have no innovations. We can only become strong with muscle > manpower > industrial production.

buying of the shelf from foreigners made griks bankrupt. we are going the same today. we buy european, chinese and american crap instead we could produce everything homegrown.

Innovations are only for world leading Technology companies. we have no such companies. Even our best Company ASELSAN is decades behind companies like Westinghouse or General Electric.

We have no innovations. We can only become strong with muscle > manpower > industrial production.

buying of the shelf from foreigners made griks bankrupt. we are going the same today. we buy european, chinese and american crap instead we could produce everything homegrown.

Yes thats the reason cause I laugh about "euphoric" members who don't accept reality !

Iran is in right way - developing missiles and COWARD threats;

thats a way of deterrence,. I was shockes as I saw their under earth missile assets.

A friend was 10 years ago there, but I didn't believe. NOW I believe

Yes thats the reason cause I laugh about "euphoric" members who don't accept reality !

Iran is in right way - developing missiles and COWARD threats;

thats a way of deterrence,. I was shockes as I saw their under earth missile assets.

A friend was 10 years ago there, but I didn't believe. NOW I believe

Iranian Mullahs are some Kind of mixture of muslims and christians. They believe in Armageddon and bible prophecies. They call Ali the messiah/mahdi will come and save them.

They are insane. Believe me, if one of our jets shots their planes or bomb their cities, they will retaliate with WMDs!

These Mullahs are Need to stoped and a secular iranian government under our control Needs to established.

i want to do something but i feel like..

screen-shot-2011-12-12-at-4-12-52-pm.png

I swear you people will always find a reason to hate akp. Akp is the best party in turkey right now... Turkey's GDP quadrupled because of AKP.
HDP= terrorists
CHP=retarded leader
MHP= will divide Turks and Kurds even more.

Dude, Keep politics out of such threads ! If you need, Read forum rules again and again !

I want to update some isseu about cars, in EU the cars will be standard equip with parallel hybride system. Not really a hybride, the electric moter will only work when the car is pull up mode. So the car will have lower feul consumption and better torqeu.

About some companies like KOC, they are nothing but assemption line. They don't have R&D so ther will come no good out. Ther is in Turkey a good revision industry but that is all. We are good with car electronics and people are trying do somthing with but ther is no much.

And i don't believe when Tubitak and Aselsan works will deliver something with this projects. This is not ther field of work, and this stupid collaboration with GM will end like TOFAS of KOC. Or toyota assemble line:-).

Bosch have some factories in Turkey for car parts, the produce for Europe and a lot for middle east. Don't expect much from this project.

I want to update some isseu about cars, in EU the cars will be standard equip with parallel hybride system. Not really a hybride, the electric moter will only work when the car is pull up mode. So the car will have lower feul consumption and better torqeu.

About some companies like KOC, they are nothing but assemption line. They don't have R&D so ther will come no good out. Ther is in Turkey a good revision industry but that is all. We are good with car electronics and people are trying do somthing with but ther is no much.

And i don't believe when Tubitak and Aselsan works will deliver something with this projects. This is not ther field of work, and this stupid collaboration with GM will end like TOFAS of KOC. Or toyota assemble line:-).

Bosch have some factories in Turkey for car parts, the produce for Europe and a lot for middle east. Don't expect much from this project.

Right, Bosch is producing INJECTORs for a long time in Bursa. Turkey produces on demand for BMW and VW group in Bursa. But that's not high - tech.

I like Fikri Isik the industry Minister. He Looks like a nice guy, but i don´t think he knows what he is talking about. Turkey can´t develop an indegenous autobrand, the europeans will not allow it. They will not even allow it to pass EURO NCAP Crash tests..

EDIT: oh wait, maybe he is right. He said the platform is already certified, so it fullfills NCAP crashtests?

It´s not easy to start with a new Design and try to competite with it., this will allow to jump into the right Timeline.

The main Problem is that Turkey is not a high developed Country which not has all sub-companies for making an "Engine" that would be cost-effective, this is too for a Car.

If we look many Car Companies still importing their Parts of a new Car from different Countries because it´s cheaper and they can offer it to the customer cheaper then a Car Company who doesn´t makes this.

Economy guys, look how Economy still works todays and you will get all your answers. Lets hope that we will see at the End an different Product, i would say they still to should add the Evil looking from Arma APC front :)

yerlibmw7rus3.jpg

Last edited:
Base :

Saab 9.3
saab 9.7x SUV (not confirmed)

Design firm :

British Frazer Nash Group (not confirmed)

Type:

All electric vehichle :
Range : 80 km
Battery: 12Kwh

Type :

Extended-range electric car
Estimated gas consumption : 2 lts per 100 km

Interested parties:

Proton Malaysia
BMC Turkey

Battery development:

Tubitak working on