What's new

Indigenous Arjun MBT has Only 42% Indigenous Content

Actually he does know anything.. he is just excited about having a debate with no knowledge about whats happening where and what is what..

I agree, I need to learn a lot no doubt about it.

But I would like people here acknowledge... that arjun is nothing but locally assembled Frankenstein tank.

Tank Trouble

Manu Pubby Posted online: Thu Jun 17 2010, 01:31 hrs

Gunner’s Main Sight

The Delft-SAGEM Gunner’s Main Sight that has been imported from Belgium, has all weather, day-night capability.
MOBILITY

One of the major systems imported for the Arjun is the power plant provided by German company MTU. The transmission has been imported from German company Renk. The tracks are being manufactured by Larsen and Toubro but are again of German origin.
It has a German-origin computer-controlled fire control system with an all-weather sighting system

such kind of threads result in nothing but trolls !!!!

such threads should not be opened ...... they create only more bitterness amongst the members of the opp side be it ind or pak !!!

such kind of threads result in nothing but trolls !!!!

such threads should not be opened ...... they create only more bitterness amongst the members of the opp side be it ind or pak !!!

point to ponder. :azn:

every time I warned the trolls not to bring alkahalid, jf-17, religion , they keep coming.

Dudes 'Titanum' doesn't know ABCD of Arjun or Indian defence or how defence projects work. He just copy-pastig years old BS written by others.

For only you, a recent "NEWS" article scan found , snippet of which is provided already above, for your reference.

arj_Pexpew.JPG

Apologies to all indigenous people, latest reports say that "indigenous" content is just 40% not 42 as previously believed.

The Arjun’s excessive dependence on foreign equipment — the engine, gun control system and gunner’s main sight are all imported — has come under criticism and DRDO wants to bring down the foreign components from 60 per cent to 30 per cent.
http://www.indianexpress.com/story-print/634841/

Drdo wants to reduce this to 30%, but.......:rofl::rofl::rofl:

“All of DRDO’s big budget projects have been complete failures,” says Rahul Bedi, India correspondent of Jane’s Defense Weekly. The most glaring of these has been the Arjun battle tank, which took at least 35 years to develop and costs nearly 70% more than the T90, the tried and tested mainstay of the army

“After all this, the engines, the main component of both these systems,” says Bedi scathingly, “are imported”.

The war machine fights back - Corporate News - livemint.com

this is the problem when half baked minds become reporters. they want quick attention.There will be more number of people reading news about failures than success.

and folks are talking about engine, transmission. etc. do you know what is the budget given to drdo for creating an engine for arjun.. it is just 50 cr approx.. which includes, men , material and facilty. do you think they can create any thing.

No one will invest 1000s of cr to build 124 + 124 engine. thats why you see large content of imported stuff..

if it is so easy to assemble a tank from imported component, why dont every country has its own arjun..

well frist take baby step and then laugh at some one who is walking.

For the midns that doesnt know what is success, Arjun is a failure. for a mind that can feel the success , Arjun is a grand success.

I agree , Arjun project is executed poorly. not only because of poor management skill. but also because of lack of $$$ and lack of bravery by indian army to trust indians.

they might have been under influence of Vodka for quite long time

executed poorly is an understatement....its a lemon from the get go

the testing grounds are still slippery from all the leaky transmission oil, among other things

(lol)

executed poorly is an understatement....its a lemon from the get go

the testing grounds are still slippery from all the leaky transmission oil, among other things

(lol)

oh is it. i never knew that German transmission and engine are that bad..

i thought world loves German engines (BMW, Merc and in this case MTU and Renk)

The ‘indigenous’ tank, incidentally, is powered through a transmission system supplied by a German firm. Its integration with the other systems was however not found satisfactory enough. DRDO has since carried out some fundamental software changes to deal with the snags and is yet to incorporate hardware improvement as directed.

Arjun unreliable for Indian Army?

this is the problem when half baked minds become reporters. they want quick attention.There will be more number of people reading news about failures than success.

Rahul bedi is from janes and his experiance is probably more than your age:what:

Rahul bedi is from janes and his experiance is probably more than your age:what:

Ok then i will change my mind. he might not be under baked.. might have been over baked.

what is there in it. even a starter could do negative journalism.. do you think western media will ever give due respect to chinese , indian or even russian weapons.. never . if Rahul went with a praise for LCA , they will simply label it as his nationalistic artical.

this fellow is a freelancer and he has to live by selling his article..

Ok then i will change my mind. he might not be under baked.. might have been over baked.

Whatever pleases you:cheers:

what is there in it. even a starter could do negative journalism.. do you think western media will ever give due respect to chinese , indian or even russian weapons.. never .

Talk about DODO only:smitten:

if Rahul went with a praise for LCA , they will simply label it as his nationalistic artical.

Thats cry baby whining, with centuries of inferiority complex:wave:

this fellow is a freelancer and he has to live by selling his article..

So, he is traitor, shorting a national project:devil:

Back
Top Bottom