What's new

India's Top Five Achievements Since Independence ( 1947 )

I don't know, just applied in few odd universities like SUNY BUFFALO, Arizona State University, Iowa State University, UT Dallas, And University of Kentucky as of now.
My profile is very average (7.45/10 GPA without any backlog ever, 102 TOEFL iBT and 307 GRE (Q-160, V-147, AWA-3))
Dude my friend had 9.4 CPA, Research Intern at NY Polytechnic and IIT K, recommendations from IEEE Fellow, IIT Ks retired HOD of Electronic and Mathematics with 30 years of experience. Got gre- over 1300 I guess but didn't got call from the many universities.

Point is who writes your recommendation should know you very well. Also, you need to have good extracurricular record. Arizona state, Tempe ?

One of friend is doing PhD in Stony and one junior is also their for MS. Also try, British Columbia. Have you tried EPFL ? Its called MIT of Europe.

BTW look at the universities which are specialized in your field Like in nonlinear dynamics, Urbana Champaign is pretty good as major work happened there.

There are many things to keep in mind, The guide you will get, The University Tag and Your research and Publication.

If any 2 are good, you are all set.

Also contact some Professors. If you want I can tell you the procedure. Most easy way to get into US Post Graduate Program.

Well I want to give TEN achievements:

1. Uniting a country consisting of 500+ kingdoms by Sardar Patel.
2. Successful Implementation of World's largest written constitution till now.
3. 1971 War Victory.
4. 1991 Economic Liberalization.
5. Green Revolution which resulted in making India independent in Agriculture.
6. ISRO.
7. LCA (many won't agree, but only few nation can make there own fighter jets).
8. 1974 & 1998 when Buddha Smiled.
9. Tata Group acquiring JLR (reverse imperialism).
10. Successful hosting of CWG (again only few nations can host such a big event).

anymore???

Just get good recommendations. My friend asked for reco from my guide. My prof told me make best reco for this guy as I told him he is a good student with 8 CPA. He got Arizona State.

Start preparing SOP. Send at least 100 emails to professor around the world. Don't copy paste, read their research interest and then make dedicated mails highlighting your interest in their field.

Maintaining unity, despite having by far the most diverse population amongst the major countries.

Every other major country has one majority ethnicity+culture that is clearly dominant in the demographics.

China - 92% Han Chinese
Britain - 85% White British
Japan - 98% Ethnic Japanese
America - 75% White American
Russia - 81% Ethnic Russian

India - No majority Ethnic+cultural grouping

Dude my friend had 9.4 CPA, Research Intern at NY Polytechnic and IIT K, recommendations from IEEE Fellow, IIT Ks retired HOD of Electronic and Mathematics with 30 years of experience. Got gre- over 1300 I guess but didn't got call from the many universities.

Point is who writes your recommendation should know you very well. Also, you need to have good extracurricular record. Arizona state, Tempe ?

One of friend is doing PhD in Stony and one junior is also their for MS. Also try, British Columbia. Have you tried EPFL ? Its called MIT of Europe.

BTW look at the universities which are specialized in your field Like in nonlinear dynamics, Urbana Champaign is pretty good as major work happened there.

There are many things to keep in mind, The guide you will get, The University Tag and Your research and Publication.

If any 2 are good, you are all set.

Also contact some Professors. If you want I can tell you the procedure. Most easy way to get into US Post Graduate Program.

ASU is mod for me, 50-50 chances, so is Iowa State University, because their intake is very small. High chances in Buffalo and UT Dallas in EE, U Kentucky is sure shot, so is UT Arlington (My professors friend is a lecturer there, he might refer me).

With my profile, i don't have any rat's *** chance in Urbana Champaign, EPLF and such. Thought about applying in NYU Poly, but they don't have MS with concentration in Nanoelectronics.

Thinking about applying in UMass, Amherst.

Maintaining unity, despite having by far the most diverse population amongst the major countries.

Every other major country has one majority ethnicity+culture that is clearly dominant in the demographics.

China - 92% Han Chinese

teh fawk did you eat this morning?
btw there is a majority in india. it is called a pesky hindu baniya :P

teh fawk did you eat this morning?
btw there is a majority in india. it is called a pesky hindu baniya :P

Is Banya an ethnic majority like Han Chinese or White British or Ethnic Russian? I'm quite sure it's not, so I didn't include it.

ASU is mod for me, 50-50 chances, so is Iowa State University, because their intake is very small. High chances in Buffalo and UT Dallas in EE, U Kentucky is sure shot, so is UT Arlington (My professors friend is a lecturer there, he might refer me).
With my profile, i don't have any rat's *** chance in Urbana Champaign, EPLF and such. Thought about applying in NYU Poly, but they don't have MS with concentration in Nanoelectronics.
Thinking about applying in UMass, Amherst.
You have any research experience ? Publication ? Also tell me the profile of your referees. Reco play a major role. Have you contacted any Prof. in those univ.

See, they receive many applications with bundles. If you have talked to any Prof. prior hand, they will tell you to mention his name in your SOP so that the application goes to him. Also there are bundles of Application. Its first come first serve basis. If the prof. know you before hand, he will take your application out for consideration. It increases your chance.

China - 92% Han Chinese

For this i would like to THANK the Britishers, they made us feel that we are actually ONE COUNTRY, many people say that Britishers partitioned India, but I say before there were around 700+ kingdoms etc., they made people to unite into two countries, its the way u see - Glass half full or half empty.

Well some countries were gifted so called "freedom" while their Father of the Nation was getting buggered by a German wrestler; and the second leader was having relations with both of the GG couple - according to Indian media. We, BD, fought for ourselves, sacrificed lives and shed blood by tons for 9 months. Wily, crooked, cunning Indians jumped in last 10 days to steal victory from us. We defeated Pak Eastern Command, not Indians. They couldn't have done that in a million years with their poor professionalism and the lousy corps of officers. We saw how pathetic they are in the battle-field.

Someone put this Bangladeshi back in the Bay of Bengal. If it wasn't for Indian help during 1971, he and his family would still be licking pakistani boots.

Most of these are not achievements in my eyes.

India's biggest achievement are yet to come when 300 million poors can go sleep without empty stomach.

Sad but true :/

Back
Top Bottom